1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do men stare more?...or are women more descreet when staring at someone attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I mean, i rarely notice a girls staring, while is more common to see men not only staring, but ogling in a way that undress the girl or guy they are looking at. I have never seen a woman undressing someone with the eyes.

Are women more descreet when staring, do they stare less?....maybe macho's culture makes more socially acceptable for men to stare or what?

What i think is that men are overall, sexually,more visual than women, in most of the cases.
    This paired with macho culture might result in this contrast.

Just simple question to do a social analisis,to debate, etc.

I want to hear your ideas, assumptions, etc.

Oh, and i will also add a poll to this... How much looking you consider appropiate btw?

2. Awkward Balloon

Re: Do men stare more?...or are women more descreet when staring at someone attractiv

Well from my experience I notice my male friends stare A LOT. It's completely obvious, and whenever a pretty girl goes by the all share a look with which they decide if they approve or not. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I also stare, but I try (unsuccessfully) to be discreet. I get caught most of the time though..
    As for my female friends, they usually notice guys coming, but after saying what they think of him they rarely look again. It's as if they take in all the need with one glance. :S

Anyway just my view.

3. DesertTortoise

Re: Do men stare more?...or are women more descreet when staring at someone attractiv

Eye fucking. Not flattering.

4. Straight ally

Damn! >.<!!!! i took more than 10minutes to put the polls, so the website didnt let me add the poll
    Haha, i also do try to stare descreetly...usually it works, but not always...

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Men are encouraged to be overly sexual. Women are supposed to be objects, and mustn't be obvious. Of course, nobody should ogle. It makes people uncomfortable.

6. Waffles

I have some female friends that I can immediatly tell if they are checking a guy/girl out. Girls are really discreet when it comes to looking. Often I see them look around but act as if they are trying to form a thought or recall something.

When I check people out, I try to be discreet. Sometimes it works, like if I'm sitting down and stare into space. But if I'm standing or walking around... well it'd be easier to just have a giant neon arrow above me saying "I'm checking you out honhonhon". OTZ

7. Straight ally

On anothe rlighter note... When im with other guys: a hot girl appears, they ogle blantaly, then they ask me " oh, you didnt look, you missed the view"...me, walking and apparently looking at nothing,with a poker face " who? The lady with green jackets, blue shoes, red earrings that had an annoyed face due to you undescreetly staring? Yes, i noticed her, she is hot. But please be more descreet next time...

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yes, men stare a lot more or look longer. It's part of their predatory nature. LOL.

Women look, albeit more slyly, but don't want to get caught looking. If they are "caught," they look away quickly.

The whole thing is such a weird game. Most straight guys stroke some women's egos, with little in return. Time to widen the playing field, boys!

9. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I wouldn't challenge the statement that men stare more.

Personally though, I really try and keep a low profile! Even if there's someone I'm looking at, I will try my best to keep it stealthy and to a minimum. If they see me looking, well usually I can't bring myself to look their way again for another 5-10 mins at least. Ogling is rather unsettling (though flattering in a way), so I think just keeping a low profile is the polite thing to do.

10. blueberrymuffin

Staring is rude but "enjoying the view" i won't regret. Yes, guys do it more. Yes, I've been caught. Oh well! Just be flattered if anyone finds you worth starting at, as long as they don't start with the crass jokes, finger pointing, wolf whistling etc. If you don't want to be looked at, dress as a slob, shower infrequently, don't go out, mission accomplished.

11. Ridiculous

Huh in my experience it's always been the women I've noticed staring and looking at others more often, not men.

12. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Of course women look too, we just do not generally stare. Men can be discreit too though.

13. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

This. In all honesty, from what I've observed, the guys who stare are almost always regarded as perverts and rapists, but the women who stare? That's A-okay. I just don't get it.

14. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

Agreed.
    Sexist culture.