1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A compliment or a negative?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Today I had someone ask me what surgeries I had done...... I was like "excuse me?" She said your face it looks so good what did you have done? I said "I had nothing done..." (Only my nose) she didn't need to know that.

With all honesty I was offended like the nerve of this woman to come up to me and say that it was like WTF!? She said I looked plastic I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW I don't think I do!!!! Yes I have great bone structure but to come up to me and say that?

Should I be offended or happy? Idk how to take that it made me sort of happy but self conscious at the same time.... Like it made me think are other people thinking that as well?

I don't want to be "pretty" I want to be manly sexy.... Not "pretty" PRETTY really? Ugh

Put yourself in my shoes how would you have taken that?

2. Eric

I would have just taken it in stride. There are worse things in the world to be called than artificially pretty. I don't think she meant to insult you, if that helps.

And for the record, if I refer to a guy as pretty, that usually means he has a damn sexy face. Whether he's had a nip and tuck doesn't really matter. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Alexander69

I hope that's what she meant lol . It's hard to tell out here in Vancouver weather someone is complimenting you or trying to nicely insult you and get away with it :/ ugh. My mother has had plastic surgery done in many areas....... LOL she looks good...... But meh that's my mother though.

I just never want to look fake and redone :O

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something tells me the woman who told you that was probably wealthy and had had a bunch of work herself, because the average person wouldn't automatically assume that beauty has to be created by artificial means.

I wouldn't take offense to it, basically it's an ignorant statement but probably not meant in an offensive way.

5. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What people say about you and too you is not a reflection on the person you are, it's a reflection of the person they are, and if I were to judge that woman I would say that she is shallow, self centred and ignorant

6. Alexander69

That's probably very true. I wa just so shocked lol

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um... This one is actually a hard one. I'm sure she had every good intention possible, but effectively, it's more of a negative considering you took that as an offense. Things like that happen a lot in life. I get called a "stud" more often than I'd like to admit myself being. I mean... I know it's all in good taste, but a "stud" is kinda the last thing I want to be... and it's kinda anything I'm not.

8. lukeluvznicki13

I would've taken this out from 2 options...

1. She was complimenting you like you are good looking and you look almost perfect

2. She thinks you like plasticy and barbie like. (negative)

I'm not sure what she was actually implying but I would've been in 2 minds on my reaction.
    My advice is to just ignore what she said. I know it can be hard sometimes but still just try to :slight_smile: