1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the silliest/oddest/stupidest homophobic thing you've ever heard?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Momosboy, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Momosboy

So, I just watched a compilation of homophobic stupidity, and I was wondering this. So, what is the stupidest, silliest, or even oddest homophic thing you've ever heard? Get creative! Think about it, and let's all get a laugh out of the ignorance and stupidity!

Mine is a classic. "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam/Andi and Steve/Eve!"

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "It was harder coming out to my parents as black than it was telling them I'm a Lesbian. I mean, I just came out and said it. 'Mom, Dad, this is really hard to tell you and I just hope you're not upset, but...I'm black.'

'Oh no, no, no, no, there will be no way! The Bible says Adam and Eve, not Adam and Mary J. Blige!'"

-Wanda Sykes

3. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well back in primary school the air was rife with homophobic jibes. Not that anyone knew the weight of what they were saying, obviously (including me to some extent!).

One of the strangest was a comment that there is a "gay virus" and people catch it when they have sex with a guy or think about a guy in *ahem* that way, or just coming near a gay guy...

Also, the old testament strikes me as a funny kind of homophobia. It's a sin to have a relationship with a man, but apparently invading a city and raping anything on two legs inside is passable. Yeah, 'cause that makes loads of sense!

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Mom: The only thing you have in common with other men are liking BOOBS

Mom: You wrote and drew. Men don't do that.

Mom: THERE ARE ALWAYS SIGNS. I DID RESEARCH. I think you've got issues and you're mistaking that for being transgender.

Mom: I had a cast member. His name was Tony. He decided to get a sex change and become Kairi. He was an embarrassment to women! He was a joke. He had other issues he blamed on being transgender.

5. Hrantou

This wasn't me, but my friend knew this guy in their high school theology class who has known for his money and for being homophobic/racist. One day a debate came up on immigration and he said "I think we should ship all Mexicans back home since they take all our jobs, and the gays should be all shipped to an island and kept there."

Now gays weren't even in the discussion so people laughed like "Why the hell did you bring THAT up?!" He tried to derail the conversation to gay rights and I found it funny that everyone kinda just laughed at him like "Alright dude, shut up now so we can really work"

6. Niko

Not really homophobic, but transphobic:

(prior to me coming out and showing a picture of my friend's transgender boyfriend)

Sister: Oh my god what is it? Is it a boy or a girl you can't tell, that's so weird.

Sister: If you have a penis you're a boy, if you have a vagina you're a girl, end of story.

---

(After introducing my friend's transgender boyfriend to my parents still prior to me coming out)

Dad: You shouldn't have said that was her boyfriend, it's a girl. And honestly I think it's kind of creepy to even say it was boy.

Mom: They're not a straight couple you know, they're a lesbian couple and he's just confused.

They'd all call him a she and it for the longest time too, no matter how many times I said "he". But as soon as I came out they apologized for this and haven't said anything transphobic since.

7. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Have you ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? Their existence is BS.

8. Ohhai

To me the other day 'but... How can you be gay? You've got a kid!' :lol:

9. All41

Let's corral the gays and put them an area and prevent them from breeding with straight people and making gay children

---------- Post added 23rd Sep 2013 at 11:57 AM ----------

"It was Soul Train wasn't it? I never should have let you watch Soul Train!" :lol: love Wanda

10. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh wow. That's incredibly dumb :bang:

11. Sleepy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some guy was like trying to justify not liking gay people by saying they learn to be gay like someone learns to play football or something like that it was weird. And some homophobes made my friend cry once it was sad :frowning2:

12. lukeluvznicki13

people think that all homosexual guys like to put make up on and dress up like women o.e

13. RainyViolinist

Lolwut?

14. Bear101

I too heard the island thing... From a pastor. One of the hardest things I've ever heard in my life.

My dad said, "you can't be gay! I've seen the way that you look at women!" I so wanted to respond, "Actually, I was looking at their boyfriends!"

15. LinkLarkin

My father made a lot of stupid comments recently, although in all fairness none of them were said with any malice. They are just a bit dumb.

"There was a teenage couple there, a boy and a girl... well, of course they were a boy and a girl, they were a teenage couple..."

And, during a discussion about whether rainbow flags mean gay friendly or gay exclusive, he said that exclusive gay bars probably have signs up saying "Death to straights." :eusa_doh:

16. blueberrymuffin

Someone called me a "racist bigot" for supporting SSM. I couldn't stop laughing to give a reply.

17. Stripe101

UGH! That kid is such a gay homosexual fag!

Talk about over kill.

18. KazTastic

This is a quote from Barnaby Joyce, one of our new government ministers, on how his daughters would be affected by marriage equality:

Reference:Howling Clementine - Barnaby Joyce: Queenslander. Senator. Protector.

19. DatChickBassist

Out Status:
    All but family
    Argument with my mom about gay rights:

Me: Being gay isn't a choice

Mom: Yes it is and it's disgusting and unnatural! Even animals know not to do it!

Me: Actually scientist have observed homosexuality in animals..

Mom: Scientist are lying because deep down they know they're going against God! Animals don't practice homosexuality! If they did why didn't they film it? Unless they come out with a video of this then I don't believe it! Homosexuality is wrong and unnatural!

The fucking stupidity in this statement :bang:

20. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not THE stupidest, just one of the more recent ones, so it came to mind.

"It just doesn't make sense to me...I don't see how someone as finicky as you could like guys. Guys are gross. It doesn't make sense. I just don't buy it"

-My dad

I wanted to be like, umm, sorrry dad, but finicky, diva-fags are kiiinda a stereotype, so yeahh, that should been a tell, right there (if we're stereotyping, here). And guys are kinda the opposite of gross, sorry. Maybe YOU are, I dunno...

Then he tried to be like "I could tell you all the things that turn me on in a woman" and I was like "Ohh, believe me, I could tell you EVERYthing that turns me on in a guy, but I don't want to make you blush" and he dropped it immediately

EDIT:

OH, another one that was really bad!

"Being gay...it's just unnatural. Liking the same sex..it's like having sex with horses, or something!"

-My gramma

just...*facepalm*

#20 chercheur, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013