1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's it like having a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RGX Guy, May 28, 2008.

1. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

since it doesn't look like I'm going to get one for a while I figured I would ask other people.... Yeah i know, I'm lame. Lol.

2. KatoKumi

Have you ever had a girlfriend? ;p

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it's like having a girlfriend. Except there's this penis there.

The number of 15-year-olds with a boyfriend or girlfriend is actually quite small.
    The number of GAY 15-year-olds with a boyfriend or girlfriend is probably even smaller.
    You're not lame. You're normal. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a boyfriend... but he doesn't live nearby... but hes so awesome :3

but yea.... your normal. Depending on the person, boyfriends can be great or crappy, and the relationship could cause emotional pain, etc.

5. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having a boyfriend is great, though like I tell people who tell me "I'll never be able to find a boyfriend or girlfriend" there is someone for everyone even if you consider yourself unattractive or attractive.

Sometimes its hard work if you are living far away from them, but communication is the one thing you must continue to do in order to continue having a successful relationship. The feelings I get when I'm around my boyfriend is happiness, security, and love. I think once you feel the love from him and you're giving love in return it makes the relationship so much better.

When I'm with him I feel like all my problems are gone, you might think to yourself "thats a load of crap" well it all depends on how much you're in love with your boyfriend, I have so much love for him that I totally forget that I even had problems in my life. I think when you're ready to have a boyfriend you'll be going through those different stages of trying so hard to find someone but then it almost seems impossible.

I stopped looking for someone when it seemed impossible, out of no where I met him and started to talk to him, then we developed this friendship, the feelings became stronger and stronger until one point he asked me to be his boyfriend and I accepted. I've been together with him for a year now and it just gets better and better.

Sorry for rambling, didn't mean to. Love and relationships are different for everyone, sometimes they are good and sometimes they are bad, its most likely having to do with feelings, compatibility, and lastly communication between the two of you. In time you'll have this happen to you and all you have to do is pick yourself back up and start over again, thats how I did it when I broke up with my first boyfriend in 2005.

Good luck.

6. kevinx519

me and my boyfriend have just started going out and i feel ecstatic. Just take however you felt on a great day, multiply it by a hundred, and extend it for a long time and thats basically what it feels like. it's kind of hard to explain though. it's like every time i see him, my heart just bursts with warmth. but sometimes it can be distracting. sometimes he's all i can think about, and i can't get my work done. we have late night conversations that cause me to be a bit sleepy the next day (and then i remember who i was talking to and i wake up right away). overall, it's a good experience. don't worry about not having one yet. you'll meet yours when you least expect it.

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I want a bf...:icon_sad: but i dont think im ready:confused: , but Im always confused no guy one will want me :'(

8. Hoppip

I have a boyfriend... His name is Harold.

He enjoys Chinese food, but is quite critical about the poor quality of Chinese restaurants around the area.

He's lactose intolerant, but he's a bit sensitive about that.

He plays the sitar on starry moon-lit nights... He often serenades me, too.

Harold knits me scarves and booties that I wear during the cold winters, where he makes me hot cocoa and cream puffs.

Oh, and he's invisible.

Don't judge me.

He's real to me...

9. KatoKumi

^ I want one of those.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ So get one. They're available to anyone who wants one. :slight_smile: I had one for a while, too. Mike was his name. Nice guy, lousy card player, kinda quiet. And he was unbelievably cool about bowing out of my life once a real boyfriend came along. :grin:

Brandon's post is very telling. I recall his posts pre-boyfriend, and several of them were just like the ones you see here. "I'll never have a boyfriend", "no one will ever like me", or "I'm not cute or hot or interesting enough". But guess what? He did, someone did, and he was. :slight_smile:

Life changes. You probably aren't going to live where you live right now for the rest of your life. Chances are excellent that you won't have that job forever, either. Your hobbies will change, your friends will change, your social life will change. So why wouldn't your love life (or lack thereof) be any different? Don't fret about "forever". Think about this month, or this week. Stay social, stay positive, and work on loving yourself. Because life changes. And quite often, those changes are for the better. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my boy friend is peter and he is 2 years younger than me. he is 15. its good having a boy friend and we go surfing a lot and do every thing and a lot of sex also. i hope you get a boy friend soon !!!

12. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Lol that's so cute. :slight_smile: Having a boyfriend is great, but is also a headache (or maybe that's just my luck). Someone to share interests with or just to be romantic and cuddle up or go somewhere together. Or just someone to talk to and socialize. Having a boyfriend definitely has it's ups and downs like any relationship would. Throughout the many guys I've been with I've had maybe only 2 good boyfriends and the rest were jerks. Lol. You'll get one eventually and you're still rather young. In the mean time -- enjoy life and hanging with friends while you're still single! (a boyfriend likes a lot of your time sometimes). (!)

13. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:confused: imaginary boyfriend?? Thats a hard thing to do

14. SRSLYMARK

First post in what, five months? xD.

Speaking from a rather limited experience, having a boyfriend is amazing. I've only had one, and it was a very short relationship, but while it existed, I felt totally secure and comfortable with myself. I could just be me, which I often feel like I never get to do.

In contrast, though, it can be a problem if you become too emotionally attached. I don't know about you, but I am a magnet for commitment-phobes, and I have many times been referred to as "clingy" or "too needy." That relationship I was talking about earlier was great, but it did indeed end, and not at my discretion, either. And the weeks that followed that with all of the cat-fighting and drama within my school's gay community was something I wish I could have avoided. But I learned, and I've moved on, and now I'm more confident than I ever have been.

Ha ha, that got very off-point. :slight_smile:

In short, having a boyfriend is great, but it can also create a lot of problems. You have to take the good with the bad.

15. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think when you're ready you'll know it, back when I had my first boyfriend in 2004 I didn't think I was ready because I made the huge mistake of not understanding all the things one needs to put into a relationship.

16. Gumtree

I can knit scarves... the booties are a bit trickier (left one is always bigger then the right, W T F ? )

I make a mean cream puff!

Any takers?

17. sexyalex

and they claim i got issues:eusa_eh:

atleast, lets put it this way. he's got one. real or not real.
    i got none :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lolz

18. Alex

I gotta get one of those imaginary boyfriends.. they seem fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I need a bigger bed :astonished:

19. skyoverland

I haven't had a boyfriend, I had a girlfriend and I think they are the same? Right?

20. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

well hopefully I'll have better luck with dating... I have a habit of liking messed up people hoping I can bring out the best in them.

Never works though. Lol. Just makes a big headache for me. But yeah.