1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be Fabulous

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JSG, May 29, 2008.

1. JSG

JSG Guest

Do you have a need to be the center of attention, but don't know HOW to get it? It actually is quite easy, but you have to be ready to have all eyes on you! It just takes a little style, a big smile, and some confidence!

Steps
    1. Wear truly fabulous clothing. Check Teen Vogue, Vogue Italia (don't worry if you can't read Italian, you're just looking at the pictures), and Nylon for inspiration. Buy less expensive, more toned-down versions of these outfits.
    2. Be a positive person.
    3. If you wish to talk to someone whom you do not know, do it through a compliment or a statement about something you have in common (ie. "This gym class sucks!" not "I read your facebook profile and I found out that you love Ugly Betty! I do too!") You may build off of this, slowly.
    4. Be sure to keep yourself looking lovely! Remember to bathe, brush your teeth, etc. It's VERY important! [Also, don't forget to put a little make up on! But less is more, so it's best to just keep it natural and wear foundation to cover imperfections, a coat of mascara before curling lashes and a pink lipgloss slightly darker than your lips. Less is more.]
    5. Get involved! It's good to be well rounded. Join clubs you're interested in.
    6. Be confident! Don't be ashamed of your body. If it bothers you try eating healthier and working out.
    7. Enjoy life!
    8. Once you become truly fabulous, you may develop little quirks (but not too many!), such as using 50's slang on occaision or sending Bob the Builder valentines to your friends on Valentines Day.
    Tips
    • Have good posture.
    • Get decent enough grades that you will be able to do the career of your choice.
    • Be confident but realistic.
    Things You'll Need
    • Ambition.
    • Good Attitude.
    • Sense of Style.
    Related
    Theres other articles on the site (perfect skin, lots of hair related articles, confidence, etc), I think overall it's pretty good advice, can't do any harm, can it? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. pirateninja

Haha, I love the "little quirks" bit. However I manage to have those without being fabulous. :grin:

3. davo-man

Yeah, sounds like good advice, although I think anyone can have quirks; I know I do hehe

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hmmmm...not too late for me then!!

5. Tim

Tim

Haha, I already attract enough attention from my weight, if anything I wanna lose the attention =P

And in the perfect hair article: My hair was complimented every day in high school, it's naturally really soft and straight, (to the point one of my friends would always pet my head every day) It says use conditioner that suits you and I just use the cheapest, hasn't failed me yet <.< lol

6. Beebo

Thats my husband :wink:.

7. Aaron skidoo

step 1:check
    step 2: check (sometimes)
    step 3: I use that for everbyody... so CHECK
    step 4: Huge check! (well... no makeup for me)
    step 5: I'm 13... so no clubbing for me:dry: i do have EC!
    step 6: *pokes belly * :icon_sad: well at least I look good in some clothes
    step 7: check
    step 8: I already have a couple little quirks:icon_bigg

8. Alexander

hahahahahaha janvier this is perfect :grin:

9. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I've already got the 50's slang and the quirks down cold.... I'M POSITIVE!! I like making people feel happier when they're around me :icon_bigg
    All I need is the fashion sense and the getting involved... things I'm not so hot about :dry:

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Should I feel bad for not caring to be "fabulous" at all? I've always associated it with that campy, femmy attitude that I dislike so strongly. And honestly, I prefer not to be the center of attention. Just me, I guess.

11. Trumpetplyer23

I think they should add this to the list

Step 9: Say words like fabulous and fantabulous alot.

That's how I became fabulous, lol.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Fabulous post, Janvier. ^^