1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Received more good news

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by baileyh, May 29, 2008.

1. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recieved more good news at work,I have been choosen as assistant safety supervisior.My boss and safety supervisior Frank chose me because I have not been written up for safety violations and I wear my safety glasses all the time and use proper safety equipment,clean up my messes right away.They see I alway inspect my tools if they are broken,worn out twice a month.I also spoke to a group of girls about they can do anything.My boss's wife asked me to do this knowing she sees I am a hard worker and prove a woman can do anything.I told them to stay in school,an education is very important and the most important: Keep your head up and don't ever give up.I am very happy with my new position as head engine builder so far and my clients like me.They see I stand behind my work and I work with them before building an engine for them.

2. ccdd

ccdd Guest

That's brilliant! Congratulations! It's always good when skills and hard work get recognised in the workplace. I'm sure you'll be totally ace :slight_smile:

3. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks and that was Tuesday and started that day.I did write up a couple people for not wearing their safety glasses and leaving a mess when I was checking on the engine machine shop side since I am the supervisior there.I told the guy that I wrote up for leaving the mess,was oil it is a hazard leading to a slip and fall if someone steps in it.The guy argued with me about it and I told him clean it up or get written up a second time.he cleaned it up.I am a hard worker and I am always that way.I did take picture with the girls and they know I am a positive influence on them.

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

That's awesome - sounds like you're doing a brilliant job! :slight_smile: And it sounds like you're really happy with work at the moment, which is always a great thing!

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!

Lex