1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Projection

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Reptillian

What I really hate is how some people of the gender-minded community projects traits on the general population with no evidence to support it. Here's some stances that I disregard.

Stance A

Everyone has a concept of gender or everyone has a gender even if they don't think so. This means most people identify with being cisgendered because it comes so natural for them to feel as if they are X even if they think they don't feel male/female.

Stance B

Gender does not exist, there's only sex.

My problem with these two stances is that there isn't any agreement on what gender actually is. Stance A ignores the existence of cissexual people who don't actually have any sense of feeling of what they think of feeling male is or feeling female is. For those people, there is no such feelings and there is no such proof suggesting that they do. Stance B seems to ignore that some places may support gender while others don't, plus some concepts of gender are actually testable (Brain sex for example) while others aren't and some others exists as a mere concept and nothing.

#1 Reptillian, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013