1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normal to want to die some days???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MoyashiAlice, Sep 26, 2013.

1. MoyashiAlice

Hi~

You've likely seen me moaning about various problems on here before. For that I apologize. Although life should be easy right now,mentally I'm having a bit of a rough time.

Lately, I've had a reoccurring thought that I just want it all to end. I'm not going to kill myself or anything,as I made a promise to myself that I would never be suicidal again. I just mean that sometimes I want to die as I feel kinda hopeless. I don't really have much to look forward too and I'm kind of a huge failure. I don't want to burden people with all my problems in the future especially, which is what is happening.

Is it normal to feel this way? I read somewhere that everyone feels this way sometimes.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

For me yes.. For others.. I'm not quite sure.

3. I think a lot more people feel this way than actually admit it, and I've felt this way plenty of times.

4. newgirl31

I deal with depression and yes I feel like that sometimes but the more I think about it lately (and now soberly) I realize its just when things feel like they are overwhelming or too hard which always passes.

Like "is it always going to take this much effort?" But soon after I am out from under that blanket of darkness. And since I know my brain chemistry isn't balanced personally I need to seek therapy if it lingers. (*hug*)

5. purplekitty

I have this feeling too. Sometimes I think about all my shortcomings and it becomes so overwhelming that I just want it to end. I'm sure that most people who criticize themselves have experienced this feeling at some point.

6. Ticklish Fish

well, my thought of dying sometimes is mostly because i might have been reading too many bullshit or immorality around the world

7. purplekitty

Me too. I usually pull myself out of this feeling by telling myself to suck it up, that I'm more privileged than some people, so I should use it to help people instead of being selfish and sobbing. This doesn't always work though, sometimes it makes me feel even worse.

8. Ticklish Fish

i usually go to sleep or make myself go back to my studies so i can stop reading news about shitty human conditions because of other shitty humans....

9. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    It's normal. I have had days when I just want to give up I have had days when I have hung a rope from my ceiling. Forget whoever hurt you I don't even know you ( outside of ec) yet I already want to be your best friend. People love you whether you know it or not. <3

10. jane doe 53

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yes I've been there all to many times through out my life and yes it was mostly when the brown matter felt like it was up to my neck and I can all to clearly remember the intense feelings like I was starting to drown. I can remember all to clearly that beside the depression ans confusion it also came with real physical pain :tears:
    Then I thought about how people would use it against me after I was gone and I could do nothing to defend myself or others like me :bang:
    It was then that I learned to take charge of my life :tantrum: and quit letting people push me around, and for once just by taking a stand I was not giving them any satisfaction (!)

11. mpac21

I have definitely been there...I still do deal with it from time to time. What gets me through it is realising all that I do have in life...sometimes it takes a while to remember it (family...friends...colleagues among other things...dreams etc.) It comes and goes...but when my aspirations get support or I give them support...things get better :slight_smile:

12. Tic Code

I do have days where the thought crosses my mind, luckily I've never legitimately considered it and I just go through the day and disregard it. I mean, for me at least, I more often have days where I wish I could just hide myself away. Dying crosses my mind, like I said, but I tend not to linger on it and typically just find some time I be alone and think about other things and sort out all the thoughts in my head. Everybody has rough patches, but I always remind myself that in time, whatever is troubling me will pass.
    (Depression is worst for me in the winter, since I get Seasonal Affective Disorder, appropriately abbreviated as SAD).

BUT it always passes. Sometimes I just need to let it out or talk to someone, but it always passes. Keep your chin up, you'll feel better soon :slight_smile:

13. MoyashiAlice

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one and that it is a phase. :slight_smile:

14. MJM09

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Me too. I've had days where I've felt like it would be easier to end it, rather than face all the work and problems ahead. I've never seriously considered it, I could never do that to my family, it's just a passing thought sometimes.

It's probably normal, I mean in a world like today it's getting harder and harder to really be somebody. I read a report a few weeks ago that said 30% of all suicides committed in the USA are committed by members of the LGBT community.

After I read that I remember thinking that I'm not going to add to that. Everything will be okay...

15. Pocky

There's a scale of suicide ideation and I'm certain many more people than we will truly know have at least been at the "hmm...death would be nice" stage.

I have thought about it many times and at varying degrees but there's a very clear distinction between thinking about it and planning.

Anyway, you would be surprised at how many people aren't dismissive of how you feel. Like you I'm socially anxious but the other week I told people about the issues happening with me and my family.
    They didn't offer any real help or advice but they were understanding and it made me realise that you aren't always going to be perceived negatively because of the crap you have to deal with. In fact, one of the people I told interviewed me for a job an I got it.

16. ScatteredEarth

I believe most people have gone through that state of mind in life. It's just something that gets the best of us. Although it's pretty safe to say that barely anyone goes through with it, so we're good :3