1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[The Walrus is Also] Facebook [A grouch]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, May 29, 2008.

1. InaRut

Alright guys I've been having a little problem with some of you Ec's members lately. A couple of you seem to be trying to get me to add you as a friend on facebook (Some of which have been able to sneak past me due to lazy clicking..) And it's not that I don't want you as a friend it's just that I don't really want you snooping around in the personal life that the all mighty facebook seems to like to charter. Such as..Do you guys really want to know where and when I'm partying this weekend?...Even though most of you find out what I did the following weekends when I post pictures of me going, "Wwwwheewww!"

I'm really going to have to ask you to ASK ME before you search for me on facebook. And if I tell you "I'd prefer if you didn't." Realize I don't mean to offend it's just I prefer people on facebook who I actually have MET in real life or those that I've grown a friendship with who are above 16 years old :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. And whose to say I won't gain a friendship with you? Just use EC to talk to me before demanding that I add you to my MSN/Facebook.

So before I get burnt alive by 300 angry EC members for being a complete arse. What's everyone's say on EC Members being of your facebook or MSN?

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it is annoying getting random requests :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I haven't said my myspace/MSN on this account though so I don't need to worry about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but I can understand where you are coming from :slight_smile:

3. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I'm so going to unfriend you now...

4. InaRut

You can't Joey because I love you

5. LOVEjames

I don't mind people on my msn if they're from EC. Just so they're not total strangers that I've never talked to and they added me because "I'm interesting" or something. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I like to talk on here a little bit. Even if it's just a few PMs.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also. I don't mind random PMs just do you all know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. bitou

bitou Guest

Hey, have you heard from Johnny?

8. InaRut

I don't mind random PM's either. IT's the friend requests that anger me. hahaha well not anger me...

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I PMed you. Don't wanna take over his thread.

10. Alexander

As long as someone says they're from EC I'll pretty much add them to FB, although all but a few people are in a limited profile group so they can't see ALL of my contact info and private stuff. That's the advantage of the new FB updates ^_^

11. Beebo

My name is Michael Scott MACKENZIE, add me if you DARE! MUAHAHHAHA

12. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Awwww.... I know... I couldn't do it anyways (*hug*)

13. Brett

Oh, I dare!
    You don't mind do ya???

14. Alexander

I think if mikey minded he wouldn't have posted his full name :wink:

15. Helen

Helen Guest

Sorry Phil! :frowning2:

I just think you're awesome, so I added you ^_^

And for me, as long as I've corresponded with them on EC quite a bit, I'll happily befriend them on Facebook/MSN.

16. Trumpetplyer23

I don't have a Facebook or a Myspace so I don't have to go through this.

I can see Phil's aggravation though, random people you know from a website, but have never met in real life requesting you is a bit annoying. I know I would get annoyed. Facebooks and Myspaces contain a lot more *personal* information, than persay a profile on this site. I mean, you could ask him on here beforehand and then either add him if he says yes or don't add him if he says no. Plus, you can always talk to him on this site, because chances are, if he's on Facebook, then he's on here. Not always, but there's a good chance.

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stopped using facebook. Sick of my friends throwing coffee beans and vampires at me.

Feel free to add me on myspace, though. Just look for me in Tom's list of friends.

Lex

18. Starlight

Starlight Guest

I'd like to point out I added you before I saw this thread. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I prefer to be asked before being added on MSN, unless I say its okay to be added without them asking. To be honest who I'm friened to on Facebook doesn't bother me, just so long as they can handle possibly being fancied by one of my friends XD

19. Alexander

haha, i've seen that one at work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

and btw peeps, my FB isn't in my siggy anymore, but you can get to it from this link. :wink: add add add me if you please.

20. InaRut

Well like I said I don't mind SOME people adding me to facebook. You have an advantage because when people look at my friends list they'll be all like, "Who's that hot girl? Wow Phil must be uber cool!" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hahahahaha.

I guess I was a little harsh. All I mean is just make sure you KNOW me well enough before you add me to facebook. Just don't throw out random friend requests if we've talked like...once...