1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloween costume ideas!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tyrael, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Tyrael

Ok so this might be a bit premature for some people but it is coming into October now and I need ideas!

I love dressing up for halloween, in fact I just like putting on costumes lol. Last year I went as Sloth from The Goonies and it was perfect (if I do say so myself). I could upload a pic I guess but no...

Anyway I'm quite a heavy-set guy (hence why I was able to be a good Sloth!) and I feel like I'm limited in the costumes I can choose from. For instance I'd love to go as The Joker but I'm a big guy, it would just look stupid in my eyes.

Anyway I wondered what you folks thought and do you have any ideas what you're going as for Halloween?

2. Momosboy

I'm not allowed to do Halloween. My parents say Satan is in the candy.

3. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not think you should worry about it.

My partner is extremely self concious about Halloween too because we will both be dressing up as women together and the whole transitioning is very early stage and nobody knows about it, and has never gone out anywhere in women's clothing before. My thoughts are, it is Halloween, the point is to have fun and who cares what other people think :slight_smile: We are going as Alice and Queen of Hearts.

4. Tyrael

That's a great choice :slight_smile: I hope it all goes ok then and wish you all the best. And you're very right, it's all about having fun. I'm sure I'll find something good. My friend and I were toying with the idea of going as Jay and Silent Bob, so that would work.

Satan IS in the candy Momosboy and don't you forget it. My reasonably developed beer belly can attest to that, or though that could just be the beer.

5. iHateThinking

It IS Halloween, so you can get creative and possibly modify the Joker costume in a way that'll suit you. If you're into TF2 you could go as a Heavy. They look pretty boss and get to carry around a giant machine gun. Or just come up with your own character or costume creation and roll with that.

I'm pretty much going with the "make up your own costume" plan; my ideas are pretty limited this year, so I was just thinking of dying my hair black, painting my face like a skull, and donning all-black. I have a sketch I did for it and people seemed to like it. Oddly enough, even with dying my hair all sorts of colors, I'm not sure how I feel about going black. :lol: I dunno, I guess because it's more permanent and will stay in longer than other colors. I originally wanted to go as a modern day assassin but I don't have all of the necessary things to do it.

6. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sewing my own full-body Cookie Monster costume.

7. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i am going to a rocky horror halloween themed bowling party thats all i know so something rocky horror

8. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you :slight_smile:

Jay and Silent Bob is an awesome choice. So is the Joker though!

9. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always go as a creepy clown. I wish I could find the guy who decided on Heith Ledgers makeup. Because he ripped off my clown. Yea I always did my hair green because of the joker (Jack Nicholson) but the rest was my idea. I always buy the vampire makeup and white out my face, then do red around my mouth (PennyWise).

---------- Post added 29th Sep 2013 at 06:48 PM ----------

Then would do my eyes like the vampire and do black on my lips with a smile (still black) like the one Heith Ledger wore. Add some fake blood running down off my temple and covering one side of my face. I keep an old Carhart jacket that looks like hell just for halloween. Grab something like a rubber knife or a tire iron and just watch people freek out when they see me :grin:. I'm a big guy too but I PULL THIS OFF!!! I have been doing this same clown since Jack Nicholson was the joker. IT WAS MY CLOWN. Now everybody looks and says something like 'Your the joker...right?'.

- I'm just sayin

10. Northern

I was thinking of going as a hooker this Halloween, even though I'm a guy :lol:

Just do something you love and have fun in.

11. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was thinking about doing Gamzee Makara from Homestuck, but I got my hair cut, so what I wanted to do wouldn't have worked. I might do Karkat, though.

My boyfriend has started egging me on to do Shuichi from Gravitation, though. So I'm looking at where to buy the coat first, to get that out of the way.

12. Tiny Catastrophe

I wish I had an idea of something. Funny thing is that I work in a Halloween specialty store with literally hundreds of costumes and still don't have any idea of what to be lol.

13. I'm going as a zombie for halloween. I'm already practicing putting on the makeup for it, but I needed a lot of help from my sister.

14. mpac21

Well I was considering going as a drunk nun last year.Dunno quite yet if I'll necessarily reconsider it this year...yeah I know really possibly offensive...whateva lol

15. purplekitty

It seems that I'm going to be a mermaid this year. My sister was going to be one and my mother bought all this fabric to make the costume, but my sister changed her mind today. She wants to be a Creeper from Minecraft. My mom didn't know what to do with the fabric she bought, so when she asked me if I wanted to use it, I said yes so she wouldn't be upset. She has been obsessing over the costume all day.