1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuals do get a lot of hate.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by treeofleaves, Sep 29, 2013.

1. treeofleaves

I have recently realized that a lot of people think that bisexuals do not exist, and they think that they are just a homosexual in denial or they are just confused or they are just experimenting.

Even some gay people think that there is no such thing as bisexuals. Do you think that bisexuals get a lot of hate?

- i think i may have phrased this all wrong but oh well -

:bang:

2. Yes they do. It's really fucked up. I'm gay and I support you guys :thumbsup:

3. Munyal

One of my best friends is bi, and some people got more worked up about that then when I came out.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think they do too.

People think they're either "too gay" or "too straight." It's quite silly. To those of you who are bisexual/pansexual remember that you see others in a unique way and you love a person for them and that's a beautiful thing. (!)

5. GirlWhoWaited

I hear ya. But not everyone is like that. :slight_smile:

6. RedR

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bi people do take a lot of crap. I wouldn't say more than people who are gay only but it is still there. I think we get a different kind of hate. I have been told that Bi people are worse than gays because they "know better". I have also been called "greedy" because I just wanna "sleep with anyone". Truth is: I will sleep with someone where there is an attraction. I see women that turn me on and I see men that turn me on. Another truth is that some Bi people (like me) became Bi later in life in order to have kids and escape the torture of society.

7. Hrantou

I saw a post on facebook posing the question, "Would you date a bisexual?" A lot of people said no, and the main reason was that they think they can't trust them. That they would will go and sleep with a girl or a guy behind their back, or that they are really just confused and can't decide. Some did post that they would, though.

Really, I don't get it. I would date a bisexual man. It doesn't matter to me. Some people just don't get it though. But I love you guys <3

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think bisexuals get disbelief and/or hate. In many cases, the disbelief comes from the GL segment of the community, as in "Yeah, right," whereas the hate comes from SOME people in the straight community for whom anything other than heteronormative is too freakin weird and they don't want to understand any of it. The straight community might also be aware that some bisexuals can and do infiltrate their turf, so that's another issue. Also, women are way, way more dismissive of bisexual men than the other way around.

9. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Not exactly true

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't say hate, so much as confusion, envy, fear, and ignorance in general, aimed at multisexuals. It's hilarious that society would take something so commonplace and natural so far, like flipping their lids after someone admits to liking both Coke and Pepsi. The frustration probably comes from not being able to easily categorize bisexuals as strictly "us" or "them".

11. MerBear

as a lesbian, i must say...i hear this a lot from lesbians around me (not on EC)

it doesn't matter to me, it kind of use to, because, i preferred to date lesbians because, i could just relate better and all but I usually am attracted to bisexual girls ...why? i have no idea, but i dont mind it.

i dont believe that they cheat, confused or whatever. none of that, i do believe is true.
    in fact, i like a girl who bisexual and we actually might date

bisexuals are just as human as anyone else so they should be treated that way right?

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those are my experiences. I've been grilled about not having married, beginning at about 35. In many cases, some women displayed interest in me and then backed off because my amount of relationship experience didn't match theirs. I sensed that they suspected something. Some overlooked it. That's how it shakes out in real life. Some women, like on some threads on here, give us a laundry list and ask if their male s.o. is gay or bi. Some women don't and just keep going on with the relationship. This was and is the case both the past and the present. It will probably be in the future, too.

13. June Cleaver

I read this on here all the time and I really don't see bi people getting any more hate than us trans or even gay people. In fact I would say you get less direct hate from gays then other groups. I can tell you first hand us trans-women get tons of hate from the gay community where we should be most supported. The queens get even worse treatment! If you doubt it just read some ads on any date site that almost all say "No fats or fems please masc only need answer." Notice none of these ads say "No bi's need answer". And if that does not convince you, then look right here at plenty of the recent threads that are Masc gays wanting to know where to meet masc men as the gay bars are full of fruit according to them. I get treated poorly when I go to the gay bars and if you doubt it, then come down to the gay bar with me and see for yourself. Then come to Club Rodeo the straight rough redneck bar and see the difference in the treatment I receive. I mean it is drastic!

I have dated two bi guys and we have no need to talk about my experiences with them directly, but what is relevant is they were treated well by gays, and straight women which really made my ex's happy as the would get chased endlessly for relationships, friendships, and sex. My ex's sure were loved rather hated from what I saw, but we come back to this thread about bi people getting all this hate? I just did not see it and I was with the 1st eight years, and the second almost 4. If someone won't accept you, then move on and someone else will! June

14. mpac21

I really think they unfairly do. I am entirely gay myself but I think it's shameful how much discrimination/hate bisexuals peoples get from the community. Its unwarranted and really unfair :frowning2: I believe bi people are just as faithful to their significant others as anyone else and have the same love as people who are only attracted to a singular gender....I've never understood how people are prejudice to bi's that way :frowning2: In my opinion all of us are in this together!

15. Split Arrows

I think it stems from the fact that we can't be placed into any neat little categories. I have found that when I encounter any sort of biphobia, after some prodding with the person I'm speaking with they will usually admit it's because "bisexuality doesn't make sense".

16. Hexagon

Ya, its called biphobia. I get it a lot. Ah well. I have friends who aren't biphobic, so I'll survive.

@June, it isn't a competition to see who gets more hate. The fact remains that biphobia is a real problem multisexuals face, and in this post, we are recognising it. Not saying its worse that what everyone else faces.

#16 Hexagon, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  17. Praetor

The biggest annoyance is that people always try to lump you into a category of straight or gay. Then if you say bi, they'll either ignore you because "you're really just gay" or automatically think that you have been in an exactly equal amount of sexual experiences with men and women and that you somehow magically need to be with both forever. If you've had even slightly more experience with one gender over another, or admit you prefer one over the other, you're "just confused" and or "going through a phase".

This of course all comes before you even head into a possible relationship, where many people will feel uncomfortable and not want to date you, both gays and straights.

But of course people's attitudes are evolving and things are improving. It is very odd that so much animosity is held against bisexuality at all, since it is likely that many people have the potential to have experiences or fantasies with all genders.

18. leer

I will admit that I did have my doubts about bisexuals just couldnt get my head round people preferring both .dont think like that now .

19. blueberrymuffin

Yeah, i was glad to see the bisexuality day, that could raise awareness. I rather think it's more an issue of ignorance than pure hate in most cases, so hopefully it's something society can improve on.

20. Ohhai

I know a lot of gays who seem to view bi people as fake or less important. Why?! Crazy!