1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep dreaming about crossdressing.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Starry Eyes, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

So, long story short I am male and a crossdresser. I have been since I was six or seven. Recently I have been having repeated dreams about crossdressing. I know the easy answer to why I have been having these dreams is that my brain is trying to express my desire to dress up, or that I have to keep it hidden, but I'm curious if anyone has any other thoughts on why these dreams keep happening. There are plenty of things I do everyday that I don't tell people about, but I don't dream about them.

So, tell me what you think!

2. Diche Bach

What is it that you enjoy about being dressed like a woman?

When you say "I have been [a crossdresser] since you were six or seven, what exactly do you mean by that?

Not too many six or seven year olds exert great autonomy over how they dress, at least not publically.

3. BiPenguin

Go ahead and dress up even if you only do so in the privacy of your home.

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2013 at 02:26 PM ----------

Before I was of school age, I snuck into my mother's room and tried on some of her dresses. I loved the feeling of the dress but hated the shoes. Then again, I prefer barefoot ways anyway.

4. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I mean I have been wearing girl's, or women's clothing since that age. At that age it was something I had to do in secret because I knew my parents would not approve as they had previously gotten mad at me for doing it.

I enjoy womens clothing because I feel like the clothes better allow me to express myself. There are more styles and colors to choose from. To me clothing for men is generally boring and uninteresting. I feel more free in womens clothing.

5. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

So it is something you don't do anymore then?

p.s. I actually like womens shoes. I used to have an awesome pair of black heels that were covered in a felt like material but I threw them away. :frowning2:

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The answer is simple: these thoughts have been weighing heavily on your mind recently. In the past few months, I've had several dreams of coming out to acquaintances, being harassed by homophobes, and having a boyfriend, whereas before, anything related to sexuality was expressed in nebulous intimate "scenes".

You say you already cross dress, so the issue can't be to start. Are you closeted? Your subconscious might be trying to tell you that keeping it hidden from others (or yourself) won't do. Generally these messages persist until the issue is successfully deal with.

7. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Yeah. I'm closeted.

I've always sort of struggled with the idea of coming out. It's sort of a strange thing to me. I masturbate in private and don't tell anyone about that but I don't have dreams about it, or feel like I need to tell people about it. For some reason though I have dreams about crossdressing. I'm not sure exactly why I would put such a distinction on crossdressing that I don't put on any other essentially private activity.

My dreams recently have centered around either 1. Being in public dressed up and feeling awkward about it, or 2. dressing up in private and feeling a sense of desire.

8. BiPenguin

Well, I wanted to buy some dresses for my size but I had no money and even when I did a paper run, I had nowhere to stash them because my mother is the type that constantly goes through absolutely everything a child has on the belief that children do not have the right of privacy.

However, a month or two ago I told a friend about this and she has asked me to get myself measured and send the measurements to her. She wants to make me something and send her a photo of myself in the outfit to put on her company website. I agreed. She owns a fancy dress shop making it easy to look like innocent fun preserving my privacy. I better get myself measured. I won't know if I still like it until I am wearing it.

9. SFSorrow

I've had lots of recurring dreams about crossdressing, and a lot more before I started being a bit more open about it. You mention not having the same sorts of dreams about masturbation but, even though it's not generally talked about, it's still not thought of as being as 'weird' as crossdressing as everybody does it even if they don't admit it. And crossdressing is more of an identity thing so goes more to the core of your being so it's not surprising it's preying on your mind more.

10. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I can agree that the dreams are about identity. I just find it odd that I have so many dreams about this issue of my identity and not so much about any other identity related issue. But yeah, I agree that crossdressing is still seen as weird. I guess I'm just going to have to sort out my feelings about it. Sigh.

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should crossdress. It's fun. I like it.

12. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I do crossdress. I just always have to keep it hidden.

13. Jenn1972

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I've had the same dream theme for many years, of finding myself in public while cross dressed, and feeling awkward about it. But interestingly, the theme began to change about a year ago, whereby other characters in the dreams were encouraging or neutral about it, and so I feel less awkward. I think it's a reflection of my own real-life desire to just not care what others think and go out and do it.