1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone else feel immature during puberty?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was eleven and twelve I felt immature because I didn't like guys. I started to get interested in girls when I was ten, but I assumed that I was checking them out because I was excited to look like them in the future. When I was twelve I was beginning to suspect that I might be a lesbian. It was a terrifying thought so I just dismissed it until I was fourteen. I still don't know if I'm a lesbian or not and that makes me feel immature.

2. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I didn't link my sexuality, or, more accurately in my case, the lack thereof, to maturity during puberty. However, I can definitely relate to feeling immature now. I turn 21 in a few hours, and I'm still confused by sexuality and romance and how these things relate to my life.

3. Pocky

I'm 23 and feel like I'm in another world. I have no idea how to have a romantic or sexual relationship with someone and feel like everyone else my age (and younger) is an old hand at it.

There's so many unspoken "rules" and subtleties I just don't get and want so badly for someone to help me understand them before I get any older.

4. DrkRayne

OMG YES!!!!!

I had friends who were boy crazy and wanted a boyfriend and I had no intrest. I thought I was just weird. Eventually I got a boyfriend i sat next to at lunch and no one bothered me anymore.
    Then he tried to kiss me and I got grossed out.

I had zero sex drive till I was 15 and found out it was girls I was attracted to..then my libido appeared finally lol

5. timo

Yeah, errr, basically this.

6. SlytherinGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can completely relate. I always felt out of the loop with things in the sexual/romantic realm. I still do. Heck, I am just starting to feel socially like I can communicate effectively when speaking to someone, like I should have been able to awhile ago.