1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant regarding work place and various abuse

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joanne, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Joanne

Felt like outputting these thoughts somewhere and support may not exactly fit so I decided to put it here.

Do you ever feel like your the only one capable of doing anything at work?

It has been getting on my nerves today, office staff unable to look after computers themselves, website and graphic design work having to be done, warehouse packing and manufacturing, pointless jobs that will bring no money in because my boss thinks if nothing is being made we'll make no money even though this stuff hasn't been sold and may not for the rest of the year. Always having to listen to my boss complain that we have no money and we need to sell more crap even though over 70k is owed to us overdue by our customers and invoices are a year behind and no ones pestering our customers 24/7 to pay us. He even takes people off of these jobs to do pointless time wasting stuff in the warehouse.

And then having to watch my colleagues bully weaker people and make fun of them, working with a narcissist, pretty much all of them have expressed anti lgbt opinions, all being blind sheeple that "don't care" about serious issues.

And to endure all this crap and more, such as people bitching to people about using phones while using phones at the same time, I get just over minimum wage.

Ya know their lucky I'm not aggressive, because I would have kicked off a number of times, such as when someone said "bi people are gay, its not possible to like both, that's just greedy" and "I think gay people should be shot". This bullying too, they keep making fun of this guy who was born premature for having poor motor skills, and constant homophobic jokes, and making fun of him when he crys. Everyone that's worked with one of them has had an argument with him too, its that bad.

And then during all this, the millions of pointless tiny computer "issues" I've fixed, all the work launching a successful online store, all the other hard work I put in, I get treated like a useless waste of space that contributes nothing. The supposed "middle management" regularly tell lies to my boss about how my rate of work is too slow, when the truth is I'm the only one that's actually getting shit done.

I really don't know why I'm not actively seeking a better job, because this place is full of lazy useless assholes and it really isn't a healthy environment to be in.

Ya know the only reason why I'm here is that the management is so crap a year or so ago I got away with over a years worth of poorly excused sickies spread out while I worked to avoid suicide, figure out my issues and turn my life around. Hopefully you'll be pleased to know that I succeeded in all three of those.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this

#1 Joanne, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. Pocky

There is something wrong with this workplace.

Quite frankly people will be people and bitching will go on but what your describing is so unprofessional, the management clearly suck and your colleagues are morons.

In my workplace, explicitly harassing someone for something like being born prematurely or because of sexuality would get you fired.

3. Joanne

I agree completely