1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boy crush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Evilmonkey, May 31, 2008.

1. Evilmonkey

just a question to throw out there...
    can gay guys have boy crushes??
    ya know boy crushes; kinda non sexual crushes straight guys have on other guys, like footy players n stuff.
    so can gay guys have em? i reckon we can.. but most of mine turn sexual... hmm

2. Alexander

I definitely have those for people I admire, male and female. Hero crushes, I guess. Part of it for me is that my emotions of romantic love and platonic affection are mostly separate (i.e. they don't usually run together), which isn't the case for most of the people I've talked to. And yes, I keep sexual appreciation separate from psychological appreciation as well, so yeah. It's hard to explain. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never liked the term "boy crush" or "nonsexual crush". Sure, I've met people I think are really cool, and want to expand the relationship without climbing into bed, but I wouldn't use the term "crush" on those. They're just cool people I'd like to get to know better.

Lex

4. Gumtree

I can't look/think about anyone in a none sexual manner once i know them for more then a few... minutes.

Whether it's male, female, good or bad images depends.

I don't think it's possible to have a none sexual crush!

5. Tim

Tim

A crush has to be sexual, a crush develops because you're attracted to them, be it physically or mentally...

I dun consider them crushes for obvious reasons, but yes, I have experienced what you described, but mostly on girls =P

6. PopUpsSuck17

Here we call em "man crushes" lol. I guess it makes us feel more masculine or something :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But yeah, I've had one before. I think it's odd, though, because you never hear about straight guys having "woman crushes" or "girl crushes." They only have regular crushes where they like a certain girl, but never where they just admire said girl.

7. Evilmonkey

strange thing is aswell.. cos i have crushes on chicks as well, cept for the fact that im totally gay. (like, so totally gay). its non sexual, but its more love. more than friendship but not sexual. different thing all together but, meh