1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange dreams

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Oct 3, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever had a dream that was so weird that you remember it so vividly? Mine from last night serves as a warning and a possibility. Here goes.

I don't exactly remember how it started, but I was here where I live now, and I went to visit my aunt who lives about 15 minutes from here. A few of my family members who live out of state were there for some reason, and my cousin who we think is bipolar started bashing in his brother's face. Me and his older brother tried to pull him off, and my younger cousin pulled a knife. Not sure what happened to my older cousin, but there was a lot of blood and I only ended up with a gash on my ankle.

So after getting stitches, I was then walking into this basketball arena in Las Vegas and everybody from EC is there. I guess we finally scheduled a big get-together. I learned some very interesting things from a few people who will remain nameless. Even in the dream I was still trying to figure out how I went from Michigan to Vegas in an hour.

Strange, huh?

2. Mysz

Dreams are fun! Sounds like your subconscious is fretting over your cousin and that's exploding into your dream.
    I bet I was on the winning basketball team... :grin: No? Yeah. Probably not. Not good at it.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There was no basketball game, it was just all of us ECers meeting each other in person. I even put on of those nametag stickers.

"Hello, my name is:
    AwesomGaytheist"

4. Nick07

lol, that's and interesting dream.

From time to time I have a vivid dream. I used to laugh at all that dream interpretation thing, but once I tried just for fun and it was scary how accurate the interpretation was. I have tried several times since then, and it was always spot on

5. photoguy93

Dreams are fascinating.....yours definitely falls in that category.

I know mine are tied in with my anxiety levels. I tend to have "control" dreams. Usually, it's always at my old house and I can never get the door to lock - so, in my mind, I'm vulnerable and scared and worried. Also, I've never been able to call 911 in my dreams. Not even sure I've ever needed to in a dream,but I've gone to do it and just can't. It's so weird.

6. LinkLarkin

I really want to know what the interesting things you learned were now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Nick07

:slight_smile: I have it the other way around - I can never find the right door to get in. They are all locked or they are not the right ones, or the house keeps changing and confuses me...

8. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I usually talk in my sleep. A while ago, I was sleeping on my boyfriends sofa and I started talking in my sleep. Apparently I woke up and looked him straight in the eyes and said to him: "that's a pretty pink dress you have on" and fell back asleep. lol

#8 Johneh, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well for one, Owen is not a near-sighted Golden Retriever.

10. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Nice a gay theist you should write a book with that title...I had a dream that a wild native Indian reached out from under my front porch steps and severed my tendon at the back of my right ankle. I had my pay movie channels disconnected because I blamed the nightmare on the violent theme of everything being shown on them. Maybe, you're exposed to something scary? Darth Ghore or something?:eek:

#10 Double Eagle, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  11. Data

Data Guest

Lord, I've been having nightmares for the whole past week.

In one I crashed the car and killed my family. Then my mom and sis appeared and told me they were stuck on the other side.

Then I had one where I caused the collapse of a very tall 30 story school building full of children. Most if not all of the people died. Then in the same dream, I joined the Army and during a workout, a young guy next to me died of a heart attack and I felt extreme sadness and grief as I watched EMTs try to shock him back to life. I just said "He's so young! He's too young to die!"

Just now I woke up from a dream where I was being followed by my dad (who wasn't my dad in real life) and he was trying to kill me and a few others. I killed him before he could do much harm, but I still felt like a murderer and ended up sanitizing the crime scene.

So much death in these past few dreams. That's really apparent.

They sound silly now, but when you're dreaming it's life-like and intense.

12. petitebrunette

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I for one hate dreams as mine are always about me getting injured or dying. The one that keeps recurring lately begins with me waking up to find that I've lost all my teeth. :s

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah, I know that well. I was 9 years old when I had a nightmare where I was shot several times. In my dreams, I've been shot, stabbed, and blown up. Other times it was really weird things, like one night I dreamed that I saw Whoopi Goldberg and the guy from "World's Wildest Police Videos" in a JC Penney and both were holding some sort of backpack.

Another night, I was asleep dreaming, and in that dream, I fell asleep and had another dream. And then I had another one where I was on a bus and I ended up in Richmond, Virginia and I spent the rest of my dream wandering aimlessly through a city I've never been to in a state I'd never been very far into.

14. Data

Data Guest

It's funny, because most everyone will tell you that you shouldn't be killed in your dreams. I've been killed more then I can remember. The best one was when my friend shotvme in the back and I turned into an angel. I could fly and it was awesome. Most others I end up being shot or stabbed. Sometimes I die and sometimes I don't even bleed.

My dreams are always extremely vivid and odd. The happy ones are fun and the nightmares are hellish.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem in mine is that I don't realize I'm dreaming and can do anything I want and get away with it. Like that hot guy sitting over there. I'm dreaming, so when the consequences come crashing down, that's when my alarm clock would conveniently go off.

16. AAASAS

I am proof dreams don't mean shit. I remember the majority of mine because they are so ridiculous and I end up telling people about them. They are always reflective on the days events or something recent, but are just a completely randomly simulated scenario your mind makes up. I have died in thousands of my dreams and wouldn't take that as a warning since nothing has happened to me.

I can remember my dream from last night involved me stacking boxes at work, knocking them down and asking other people to help me restack them. I really don't know what purpose that could serve other than my mind going over my mundane daily events.

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had some weird ones like penguins swinging through a playground, the only time I recall laughing myself awake

18. Hrantou

I've only had one that I remember like it was yesterday. I figure I can share it.

I was in my room. It had my bed and a window, but no walls. The walls were like the night sky, in the stars. There was a woman there I didn't recognize. She had long, thin grey-ish black hair and long white dress. Me and her fought physically, but she always won. She would throw me to the ground and throw the things I love at me. Video games, books, family, friends. She would pick them up and just throw them at me like you throw a baseball. During this whole process, I was paralyzed. Like in real life, I could feel my body and I couldn't move. I was scared because I knew that I couldn't fight her.

She would throw them at me. But she wasn't being evil about it. When I think about it, I think she was trying to show me that my life isn't bad at all, and that I should be thankful for what I have and the things I love. Basically, she was telling me to stop being a little girl and get over stupid sh*t and stop being depressed. She wasn't evil. She was just telling me that my life is actually pretty good, and I should be thankful.

Look, I'm not one to claim ghosts or maybe a dead ancestor trying to mentally slap me in the dream world, but it's the only dream that I remember months later so vividly like it happened in real life. I could also just be going crazy hahaha :lol:

I like telling the story. My mother thought I needed therapy. She said the same thing when she found out I was gay too. Apparently therapy solves everything. I just told her I was crazy :lol:

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's another one I just remembered: I saw Maddy when I first walked into the place, and she recognized me instantly, like before I even got my nametag on. Other than that, I don't remember actually recognizing that many people, it was just that everyone was there.

20. Tic Code

I have easily the strangest dreams on the face often planet. This is one of my favorites:

I was at my school helping to prepare for some band competition between our Jazz band and some other band we had never heard of. My band director and I were the only ones from our school that were there, and it was like 2:00 in the morning. The blonde female director of the other band asked me if I would go help move some of their props (don't why they had props) from the gym. I said sure. As I'm walking out of the room, both my director and the other director tell me to watch out for "Steve the one-armed drug dealing midget."

So I get to the auditorium and help a student push a plank of wood on wheels. He's a midget, with one arm missing, scruffy stubble, thinning messy hair, a green dress shirt and black pants. He says his name is Steve and offers me some Cocaine. I say no, and next thing I know I'm back in the room without Steve or the prop and tell both directors I moved it. They give me a weird look cus they know I talked to Steve. Suddenly it gets really foggy outside, and I decide I need to call my parents cus it's late and scary outside. My phone doesn't work, so I go outside into the fog and walk in a random direction to go home. Suddenly I can't see anything around me but darkness and wisps of fog. Then an orange light shines over my head along with a weird sound, and next thing I know, I'm at the top of the steps of some plant or factory tower. The orange light is still flashing, and some sort of siren is going, so I run down the stairs (all while looking at myself from 3rd person perspective). Once I reach the bottom of the steps, I end up inside a mall, where zombies and weird monsters from Silent Hill are skulking around. I freak out as some move towards me and run to the bathroom. I shut the stall door just before one gets me and I plop down on the toilet. As soon as I do that, the dream ends and I wake up.

So yeah... I have no idea what I ate that night.....