1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About Getting married or not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anxiety, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Anxiety

Hi...I'm 28..I've never fucked any gal yet...And dont feel like too....I like guys only..
    But since past few months I'm worried about my future and feels like I should get married to a girl for the sake of mine and family's future.. Also,these days I'm not getting the proper erection also...I ejaculate very early as well....all these thoughts are pestering me badly..
    What u people suggest? Should I get married? Will it be a successful marriage?
    Any experiences ,please share with me?

I dont wanna die alone..feeling very lonely presently...Because of social pressure,I cant share with anyone....I'm very depressed...not getting enough sleep too!

2. Nick07

Please, please, please don't do that. No girl deserves that.

Besides, the fact that you get married doesn't mean you won't be lonely. Try to find friends that will help bring happiness into your life. (*hug*)

3. AKTodd

If someone told you that the only reason they got married and had kids was to continue their family, would you think they made a good life choice? How about if you were a kid and found out that was the reason you existed? If you're going to get married, do it with someone you love and want to spend your life with. And if that person is a guy, that's perfectly fine. Also legally possible in an increasing number of places.

Your erection issues may be due to stress or depression based on the issues you're describing. Fix one and the other may fix itself. If not, consider talking to your doctor.

Premature ejaculation can be addressed with practice and various techniques. There are various books and such. Also, this is something to potentially talk to your doctor about.

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its wrong. I know few men were married and its awful. If you have your feelings towards guys, be with a guy.. Believe me I was depressed too when I realized I will never have that "normal picture perfect" family.. But it takes time and you start to understand that you can be happy only doing things that is true to yourself.. Its your life, no society gonna live your life for you. You will make yourself and another person miserable.. Think about if you two have kids, and one day it all came out and they will see that you are not in love with their mother.. I've been in that situation, its really really horrible.. how other people will feel? It all wont get better fast, but you can be really happy just do what your heart says. Dont listen to those people who say its wrong and blah, its your life and everyone has a right to be happy.
    I wish you all the best (*hug*)

5. Lindsey23

Don't do it. You want to get married for all the wrong reasons. This can only end badly. You know you are gay, you don't sound confused about that. If you pretend to be straight and get married you will end up hurting your wife. There's no way around that. Maybe you think you can bury your gay feelings but trust me, sooner or later they will rise to the surface again and you will realize what a mess you've created.

I've been married for 10 years and had to tell my husband I'm gay. I was in denial when I got married, I desperately wanted to be straight. But I did a terrible thing and I've hurt him immensely. We have kids and sooner or later this will affect them too. I've also hurt myself, being in the closet and acting straight is very depressing. Getting married will not relieve your depression.

I understand your loneliness. I've been there. I would suggest getting involved with the gay community. If you can make friends who are like you you won't feel so alone. If you live in a conservative area you may want to consider moving to a place that's more liberal. Don't give in to social pressure. You need to be true to yourself. If you live your life for others you will always be depressed.

6. TorreyGlory

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I'm wondering why you feel you need to marry a woman? Are you being pressured by your family? Your friends? Your religion? Or are you just thinking it will make your life easier, or that you want kids?

How long have you been feeling depressed and unable to sleep?

Of course marrying a woman you don't love is a very bad idea... bad for you and bad for her, too... I think you probably already know that. Honestly, your post sounds a lot like the way I used to talk when I was clinically depressed. It messes with your head. Is there anyone you can reach out to - a friend, a doctor, a counselor, or maybe an LGBT organisation in your community? Make sure there isn't an underlying reason for having these thoughts.

Seriously, let us know how you go. Wishing you all the best.

7. Anxiety

AkTodd,thanks a ton for such an outright answer! :slight_smile:
    Mylittleworld and Lindsey23,thanks a ton for your caring and genuine words too,but I have a question that,so far I haven't been into relationship with any guy and I can love anyone be it a guy or gal...It's just about loving a human being which is normal.I admit the fact that I don't fancy a gal in bed,but u tell me please do u think marriage is just about having sex? Is it not about love,the platonic love between two souls? There are so many people in our previous generation who were/are homosexuals and they have carried their marital life till now without any hassle...Their kids r also grown ups now and still everything is under closet! Isn't it dear? It's only our generation who is worried about closets and all..our previous generation was all forced to get married...isn't it?

8. Hexagon

Can't you marry a guy instead? I think that would be more suitable. And do it in your own time, for love, and not out of a sense of duty.

9. Anxiety

Torreyglory,no dear I'm not yet being pressurized by anyone for marriage..my parents don't know about my sexuality..so they want me to marry someone soon as they think who will take care of me in future? and obviously they think it must be a gal... as I'm not out to them yet...

And though i've never been into relationship with anyone ever in my life,but yes unfortunately I deeply fell in onesided love with straight guys twice in my life... and I gathered courage to tell them about it... and they turned me down...they were kinda friends...and friendship ended after that....
    Since past 2 years I'm unable to sleep properly....
    Also,one very shocking thing I did not mention is that I strongly think that my eldest bro is also a gay..he is married and he's not getting along with his wife at all..their marriage is on the verge of divorce...
    I can discuss with him,but I 'm hesitant and scared to do so.....
    All in all,I'm a very hesitant and inhibitted kinda guy.. though I'm not introvert..

And one more thing,do u people think,marriage is just about having sex? Is it not about platonic love? Two straight couples tie the knot,just to have sex! Is it so?

And thanks a ton TorreyGlory to u also for ur such a caring reply! :slight_smile:

10. TorreyGlory

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, marriage isn't only about sex. Nor is it about "platonic love", either. It's a massive committment requiring a massive amount of maturity, strength and devotion to one another. And I think this is true for anyone - two men, two women, a man and a woman, etc etc.

That's why it's so important not to rush into it or do it for the wrong reasons.

Go into the "LGBT Later In Life" section and talk to some of the people who've made that mistake. Read their stories. Please.

11. ScatteredEarth

Please, I would advise against you trying to pursue a straight relationship that you aren't accustomed to. If you truly feel like you cannot see yourself with a woman in a romantic, loving way, then marriage will only exacerbate your problem. If you feel like your parents are putting pressure on you to take the step into the life of marriage, perhaps it's time to let them in on your little secret. After all, you are 28 and (most likely) don't hold any dependencies on your parents.

Point is, you got a life to live, and you shouldn't restrain yourself to the 'norm' if it's not for you.

12. lovebff

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know what are you feeling right now.I am feeling same. I Love my best friend. I'm starting falling for girls and where i live it's not right to fall in love with same sex and i also have to married a boy even i don't wanted well all i can do is think positive.

13. Anxiety

Thanks again TorreyGlory...ScatteredEarth and lovebff.....:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 3rd Oct 2013 at 10:54 AM ----------

Lovebff.... May I ask where r u from?
    And r u married already? or u will get married?

14. Lindsey23

I'm so glad you are asking this. This is very similar to what I told myself before getting married. I married my best friend and I thought that would be enough, that we could have this great (and normal) life together. It doesn't work. And I think that there are several reasons for that. For one, sex is important in a relationship. It's not the only thing but it is important. The girl you marry will want sex, and she will feel rejected if you deny her this. If you do have sex with her it will likely feel off, since you're not into it and she will pick up on this.

Marriage is not about platonic love. It's about romantic love. And we are not wired to love someone of the opposite sex in this way. We can try to force it, but it won't be genuine. After I came out to my husband he said a lot of things make sense now. That we were lacking that deep connection and affection a husband and wife should have. Platonic love is for our friends, not our spouse.

Anyway, you are way ahead of where I was before I got married. I never asked these questions. I just told myself I couldn't be gay and getting married would solve my problems. I'm so embarrassed about this now. I was fooling myself and I've deeply hurt my best friend.

15. DrkRayne

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't do this and I am speaking form experience.. DONT!!!

Platonic love doesn't equal ability to marry. Don't. Sex requires more than that. It requires physically attraction and for that attraction to feel normal.

I'm just shy of 26 and when i was 21 I lived in a religious household. my parents were divorced and I was raised by my mom in a deeply religious community. When I knew I was gay, I decided I'd try to be with a man. I wanted kids. i wanted a family. I had never been with a woman other than a kiss. I had a close friend. I figured if I loved him as a friend, I could love him in that way. I knew that my being gay would lead to my being shunned from my church.

I RUINED a friendship.
    I'd known him since I was 16. He was a good friend. the best. He knew I liked women. But I knew I 'loved' him. He was one of my closest friends. He said he loved me and I figured that was enough.

It wasn't. I forced myself into bed with him one night. I loved him as a friend and thought this was enough. it wasnt. We didn't even finish before I pushed him away and went into the bathroom sick and crying. It had nothing to do with him. it was me. I was sickened by what i forced myself to do. It wasnt natural and I was not wired to do that with him.

Platonic brotherly love doesn't give you the ability to have sex. to be married. I loved him enough to live with him as his sister/friend/roommate. But marriage requires affection. Touches Hugs. A look. Things that you can't have without passion and affection for your spouse. Not platonic friend affection, but romantic attraction. Things I can give my partner now unconsciously.
    He later told me he was in love with me and it broke his heart that I told him i could NEVER feel that way.

Please don't. You will break her heart and you will break your own and ruin you own life.

Just wait. Don't put yourself through that. Don't put her through that. You will find a husband.

Please please please please please don't.

#15 DrkRayne, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  16. Anxiety

Lindsey23....Yeah dear,I'm so glad with ur outright reply again... thanks my dear friend! u r so mature!
    I'll definitely think over it again... :slight_smile:
    u please tell me one thing,r u completely out to ur husband now? and if he knows that u r lesbian,still is he staying with u?

DrkRayne... thanks a ton to u my dear for sharing ur experience in such a caring way! :slight_smile:
    R u married with that best male friend?

one more thing I've been observing in my country,is that people here who r homosexuals,get married and they cope with it... they r not getting divorced !

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2013 at 10:58 PM ----------

Hexagon, dear it's not that easy to marry a guy in this straight-dominating society....

We can't be so selfish...we have to think about our family's reputation also...If I get married to a guy,people may disregard my parents...I wont be able to stand that...
    And also,guys r not reliable.... if I go n settle in some other country with my would-be guy,there is a cent percent chance that my guy will look for other guys sooner or later...he wont be dedicated to me... it happens(generally guys tend to cheat on sex).... and then again I'll be left alone... Out of the frying pan,into the fire!
    I'm not blaming every guy..please do not misunderstand my words... I'm just sharing my thought with u all... it's a general thought which came to my mind.... and it is bothering me.... No offence to anyone please!

17. Siarad

I understand how it feels to so desperately want to fit in with in with this society. I really didn't want to be gay so I mainly avoided relationships (like you) and then I had a brief go at trying to convince myself I was straight. This was very confusing because I had tried to deny my feelings for women for so long and have never fancied men that I could convince myself that my straight male friend who is one of the nicest, cleverest, funniest people I've met was someone I was attracted to because I really liked him personality wise. I was even once so stupid as to make a move on him and extremely fortunately he turned me down, as he, being straight, comfortably knew the difference between really likely someone's personality and being attracted to them. This was also the push I needed to finally realise that I cannot turn myself into something I'm not, whatever I do.

I came out to him, I came out to a number of my friends and I joined a local LGBT group.

I spent some time mourning the conventional marriage and family I longed for but then (as I've posted elsewhere) I realised that the only way that people in our position will have that is if we work for it. Already things are massively changing - I will have the opportunity to marry someone I love should I want to because just in the last year UK have legalised gay marriage. There will also be opportunities for a family, through adoption, sperm donation, IVF etc. It is true that I will never be able to have a relationship, marriage or a family that doesn't raise eyebrows, attract judgement, reveal people's prejudices - However if I am brave now, have the life, the relationships, maybe the family that are true to me, then maybe any children I have will be able to have that kind of future and that kind of life.

Society feels bad now but it changes, it is changing all the time. The straight-dominating society (which will obviously always have more straight people than gay) will become more tolerant and accepting. Being true to yourself might have a negative impact on your parents locally but so might the knowledge years down the line that you were untrue to yourself and were unhappy because of it. I don't know your parents but I discovered with mine in a recent incident (not to do with my being gay) that when I had been keeping secrets from them and been very unhappy and I finally told them, their main worry was that I'd been unhappy and their main concern was how to help me be happy again. I know that there are some awful parents out there but if your concern is for your parents' feelings then this may not be the case with yours. If you feel that your parents love you and care for you, wanting you to be happy (as I think you have mentioned previously, hence their wanting to marry) then maybe the best thing you can do by your parents is to do what will make you truthfully happy.

18. lovebff

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well I'm not married and not even getting married for 2 years but i'm damn confused and tense about it because i really don't wanna married a boy and more difficult part is i'm falling for my best friend more and more everyday

19. DrkRayne

No I am not. I am happily engaged to a woman. That good friend is no longer a good friend. we barely talk now.

20. tulman

I know a gay couple in CA who have been partnered over 30 years. They have made the decision to get married now that it gets the state's blessing. They know how they feel and the ceremony won't change a thing between them. But it will have significant tax and other financial benefits they previously couldn't take advantage of.