1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on an artist name.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Colours, Oct 5, 2013.

?

Which name do you like better?

1. Ivory Chase

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Chase Ivory

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. I mean, think of something else.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Colours

Hi y'all. I've been really into singing lately and have been recording a couple of songs, now before I want to start promoting my music on social networking sites, I want to have an artist name. Firstly, my name is a Dutch name and I make English music and you never know, I might go international. Besides, if I don't, especially my first name is really common in Holland and overall my name just lacks fanciness and a nice ring to it.

Now I'm not asking you to think of a name for me. I have already done so:

Ivory Chase

How does that sound, for a white gay fairly masculine male like me who plans to make pop/rock-y music (I'm greatly inspired by Adele, for example). I've thought of some other names before but they didn't feel right. This one feels better but I wonder what others would think. I'd like to hear your opinion! :slight_smile:

Also: I've been thinking of switching it around - to Chase Ivory. I kind of forgot which one I like better.

Thank you!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the name you have selected feels right, and you have some identification with it, go with it. :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ivory sounds okay, but chase is kind hard to visualize as a noun. Maybe you could something like "chasing ivory". But, like Mirko said, ultimately you have to feel comfortable with it.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chase Ivory is a good stage name IMO.

5. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Seems there's already an artist using Ivory Chase on MySpace (from PA, USA), as well as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest (that's just a minute of Googling), not sure if it's all the same person or not... Given this sounds like more than a hobby to you, you may want to consult a lawyer/attorney (specializing in copyright law or entertainment law).

6. Colours

Thanks for your replies and votes. ^^

Yeah, I did Google the name but should've looked a bit further than just the first few hits. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The name seems taken but it doesn't mean I can't take the name. I think I like Chase Ivory better though.

I'm not using Chase as a noun here, I mean ultimately it is - but I've seen it used as an actual (first) name before, and that's what I'm planning on doing. :slight_smile:

Of course, feeling comfortable is most important, but I don't want to pick a name that sounds off and weird to people; as an entertainer it's a plus if your name sounds appealing to the public.