1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to wear to formal homecoming dance?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smokey-knows-all, Oct 5, 2013.

1. smokey-knows-all

so my homecoming is in a week and I have gotten the whole lecture on ow they won't let me in if im not wearing a formal dress and shit and I can't wear my jeans and everyone says my black dress with skulls all over it (the only one i will wear withought a fight) wont be allowed either. what the hell do i do?

2. Formality

That's stupid and ignorant! Why shouldn't you get to wear what you want? I don't have any good advice on what to do, I can just say that I myself would probably do something radical.

3. Silver Sparrow

What reasons did they giive you? If none, then you can probably bring legal action against the school.

4. AmityRanch

Just don't go.
    That's what I do.
    Dressing formally sucks.

5. purplekitty

Maybe you could wear some formal pants and a nice shirt. Or a lady's suit with pants instead of a skirt.
    I don't know if this advice will work; my school had the same conditions and I just didn't go.

6. smokey-knows-all

my mom bought me a suit :slight_smile:

7. Mariall

That's dumb. At my school I saw a person in khakis and a t-shirt. Also last year I remember hearing on the news that for prom, they weren't letting people with strapless dresses in. So if you can find a way to squeeze in and be sure they wouldn't kick you out, wear it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Also, who told you that? A teacher or students? Because if it was a student, and when you get there if the authorities say "you can't wear that." just play the "You guys never mentioned the rules." card and back up your case. Bending the dress code is easy once you know what to say. :slight_smile:

8. purplekitty

Great! Have you talked to the school about wearing it?

9. LILuke

Cool! Just make sure they'll let you wear it ahead of time. Much better to get that resolved up front rather than have an issue on the night of. :slight_smile: