1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody else have gray hair?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Oct 6, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to see 50 Shades of Gray, look no further than my head.

Ever since I was 12, I've had one little patch of gray hair up there and now they're spreading. And ever since I started college, my hair's been graying faster than normal. I think the next time I do a Meijer run, I might be getting some Just for Men.

Has anybody else started graying/gone gray young?

2. Hexagon

No. But then again, my hair is green, so I don't think I'd notice.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I have one piece of grey hair at the side of my head.. But I'm keeping it :slight_smile:

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, when you're over the hill like me you have plenty of gray hairs.

Although one bonus: gray is neutral and goes with anything. Thus I could rest my head on my (imaginary) boyfriend's shoulder, and there wouldn't be the problem of a color clash between my hair and his shirt or coat or sweater color like one could have with say red hair.

5. June Cleaver

HAY! HAY! SHHHHHH with that over the hill talk! I am only 1 year younger than you at 41 and I might have 10 gray hairs in my head, but my sister who is 6 years younger than me is 1/3 gray now.... I get accused of coloring my hair until I find a gray one and show it is gray to the roots. A healthy body, shows through your skin and hair so check your diet and environment. June

6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually, June, I think it might be more like genetics at work with me. My father's side of the family almost entirely went gray pretty young. Although my diet and environment could use some work...

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not when in college, but now some is coming in. Don't worry about it. Plenty of guys look just fine with gray hair, at whatever age. There was a guy in college who had a full head of thick, gray hair by senior year (age 22 or 23), he had a boyish look as opposed to a "22 going on 28 look" some college seniors have, and he was at no loss for friends or dates.

8. I knew a guy in the Navy who was in his mid-twenties and completely gray. Said he'd been that way as long as he'd had hair. He was a pretty chill guy, and got pegged for leadership roles pretty quick because he was really good at giving orders without making people resentful.

9. Mariall

I do now that I dyed it, hated it, bleached it, and re-dyed it. -_- and the texture's screwed up too.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've decided that I'm officially going to dye it and get rid of the grays, because a look in the mirror, they're now all over my head. It's not just the one patch anymore. Hell, I remember the days when I'd just take a pair of tweezers and pluck the grays and I'd be good. Now, they're popping up everywhere, like dandelions in an open field. I'm going to either do it myself with Just For Men or when I go get my haircut this week at the Borics down the street, I may ask if they do hair dying.

11. Hrantou

I have more grey hair coming in lately, and I'm only 21. I'm debating dying it back to full black like it used to be, or even dying it grey because hey, why not. It's gonna go full grey before I'm 25 anyway, and I hate mismatched hair. Its like my head is in a war between darkness and light :lol: I actually like my grey hair though. Going full grey to me is kind of appealing.

#11 Hrantou, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  12. GirlWhoWaited

I DO!!! So glad it's not just me. I noticed my first gray at 22 and immediately had a crisis. Now I have a little patch of evil demon hair that resists dye like crazy, but with vigilant plucking and regular touch-ups, most people don't know.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, but I'm young. I don't think I want to dye my hair if it goes grey later in my life; silver can be quite dignified. Of course, there is the danger I'll inherit my grandmother's paper-white/moonshine hair. She looks like an elf. :lol:

14. I would pay for surgery to look like an elf.

15. June Cleaver

Me and Jennifer are 100% the same blood and genes. She lives in the city with all the polluted air, bad city water, and has spent many years on and off low carb diets. I moved to the country as soon as I could and eat a healthy diet with mainly fresh meats, fruit, and vegetables with good well water piped into my house and clean air from the forest. I do smoke too many cigarettes as my downfall though, but I buy very little pre-made or caned foods and make all the baked treats kept in this house fresh to keep Mikes sweet tooth happy and the preservatives out. Carrot juice works wonders as I also use a Norwalk juicer and a Vita-Mixer to make even my own tomato sauce rather than canned for example. One thing that stuck with me is the old saying "you are what you eat." throughout my life. My body shows little signs of aging. June

16. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a few that I started to get in late college. Now there are ~5-10 right in the front. :/