1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like stereotypical gays/lesbians

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wiiluigi1998, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

I LOVE dem stereotypical gays ( I am one myself ) and I like girl-ly girls more than butch girls because butch girls are too masculine :/ but they're usually pretty nice anyways. What are your thoughts on stereotypical gays/lesbians?

2. Night

Night Guest

I smell fem-bashing in the air...

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It not about whether some one is femmine or masculine but whether they are nice or not. I personally have little experience with femmine guys but I'm sure there are femme guys out there who would be great friends.

4. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not really a fan of stereotypical gay guys mostly because I haven't had any positive encounters with a guy like that. Doesn't stop me from trying to be friends, but it's hard at times.

5. DrkRayne

Please no femme bashing ...we need love too.

Actually I've dated girls on all sides of the spectrum, the ultra femmes (my wife) to the butchiest of butches.
    I am more attracted to feminine women, but I will say the few butch women I've dated made me feel like a queen. Physically it wasn't my thing, but they are the sweetest, softest, nicest women ever. That hard exterior is just that...a hard exterior. they are all soft and cuddly on the inside. I loved getting the flowers and candy :slight_smile:

But... I am more attracted to the feminine women. Something about the perfume and makeup and my wife is more aggressive sexually...which didn't happen with any of the butch women I dated. Femmes (in my opinion) like to top from the bottom lol.

6. ScatteredEarth

Not my forte. Some make good friends, but I'm just not attracted to feminine guys.

7. Hysteria

I kind of like guys that are not too butch or feminine, somewhere in the middle is my personal preference. I can always make exceptions though.

8. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

:icon_bigg

9. Projectfabulous

Yup haha nothing much more I can say...except for the first quote in my signature ahah:slight_smile:

#9 Projectfabulous, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  10. Formality

Doesn't matter to me. It's more about the personality. In either case I do prefer someone who can do sports or get dirty without caring too much, boy or girl. Wether that person be masculine or feminine doesn't matter.

PS. sports does not automatically = masculine

Something I in most cases can't stand though is people who are overly feminine to the point that they look like brats. That just annoys the floop out of me.

#10 Formality, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  11. Wiiluigi1998

Wiiluigi1998 Guest

Me and feminine people click a lot more. Masculine people are just not me anyways. Personality is a very big factor, but usually masculinity tends to be a minus, and being all femme and shtuff is just nicer. It's hard to explain I guess.....

12. LILuke

Despite not being even remotely like the gay stereotype myself, I tend to go for guys who are very stereotypically gay. My one friend who I'm out to described it as the "baby-faced" look, which makes me sound like a pedo or something. >><<

13. AmityRanch

I'm not attracted to feminine guys all that much.
    I'd even say it's a bit of turn off to be honest.
    Nothing against them of course, just not my thing.
    I'm sure they make for great friends.

14. Hrantou

I smell a thread derailing soon...

Well, in the hope of a fair discussion, there's only one stereotype that I care about...the one where they like men :grin: I don't really care about the stereotypes. I care about the person. You can be feminine or masculine or green with polka dots. What I wanna know is, are you a good person?

15. KazTastic

I get along really well with masculine women (no matter if they're queer or straight).

I also get along well with feminine men, as long as they can give me some of their energy, as I have trouble keeping up with them sometimes.

16. Tic Code

I wouldn't mind being friends with a stereotypical femme game guy, provided they weren't catty and were nice. I doubt I'd date one though. I'm attracted to guys who are at least decently masculine. In other words, I (unfortunately :frowning2:) like guys who I can't obviously tell are gay.

17. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get along well with masculine guys and butch girls more than I do femmes and flamboyant guys. Feminine things ain't my cup of tea.
    However,I've met some very friendly feminine people, so my preferences won't stop them from befriending me.
    But I like people who understand my references to "nerdy" media the most, no matter how feminine, masculine, or anything else.

18. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like women who are feminine.

19. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really ok with feminine gays, and sometimes I even get a little feminine myself, but people seem to hate them, like a lot! Not just the gays, also transgender MtF people get A LOT of hate: I was walking in the street with friends, this MtF woman passes by, friends start making comments like "It's the first time I'm seeing someone like her" "you mean 'like him' ?" "more like it!" *laughs* And I was like "I think we should say "like her" because that's how this person feels like" and they were like "yea whatever"... I think generally femininity is considered as something negative not only in gay or transgender men, but in women too!

20. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends what you mean by stereotypical...there seems to be a few gay stereotypes out there, at least, as far as men go.

They tend to occlude what I see as the 'authentic personality' of the individual, and I see such stereotypes acting as a protective facade, whether tending towards the hyper-masculine or the exaggerated effeminate. Thus, I often find them hard to get close to, because they seem to have erected a sort of barrier, a camouflage of sorts in which they can blend in to some sense of so-called community. My thoughts are that such people may indeed be wonderful, but would benefit by being better able to express their own unique identities.