1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever received a physical threat because of your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Oct 7, 2013.

1. person57

In my school, most people do not judge people for their sexuality. About 95% of my school is like this. I hear that there are a lot of other schools where if you were gay, you'd get jumped. I live in California, which I guess is the easiest place to live if your gay. I never actually received a physical threat from someone because of my sexuality. How about you?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a freshman in high school, somebody groped me and said, "You liked that, didn't you?" The teacher saw it happen and said one word: "Bye!"

3. person57

What does grope mean? *says feeling very dumb*

4. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Grabing, and Gaytheist, I think your bully liked it more.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He grabbed my junk. The kid was a pothead who ended up getting his girlfriend pregnant and dropping out of school all within the same week. Last I heard, he joined the army.

#5 AwesomGaytheist, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  6. 2112

7. Tic Code

I'm not out, so I haven't. I guess that's one of the fears though, although I'm not sure there are any people at my school who would go that far. The worst assault I think I would suffer would be verbal and only from a few specific assholes.

8. Ashley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex-girlfriend received quite a few anonymous threats from people at my school, but I never have.

9. Zac

Zac

Not really, though I have been told that I should be hung or burnt alive...

10. Projectfabulous

I'm only out to 3 people. However, I have been bullied because I seem very not straight ahah I've never been physically attacked or whatever, but there have been those dick bags who have said some pretty nasty things to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I got threatened once for wearing something kinda girlish to school, but they never followed through with the threat.

12. Californiacoast

Was attacked in my Sleep. Woke to blood all over my face and pillow from multiple punches. But, no never verbally threatened.

13. blueberrymuffin

I've had rocks thrown at me and was jumped after driver's ed one day. A knife was planted in my locker too. I learned that bullies tend to be cowards and attack in groups and send their threats indirectly.

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not physically hurt, but I had a pretty crazy acquaintance who ended up pulling a trick on me that was pulled on Butters in South Park: He drew a cock and balls on my face with a sharpie. I actually agreed to it since he did crazy shit like that to people anyway (and I got to internally laugh at his terrible artwork while washing it off easily), until I saw the stricter of the deans walking down the hallway one time. I had to hide my face until I got to the room so I wouldn't get in trouble. It wasn't until about a year later that I found out through bored research that it was pulled on Butters. I never understood that kid's thought process. There were days where he'd skip school solely to smoke weed in his room all day, and other days where I'd see him singing in Choir more passionately than anyone else. It was really strange.

15. Ben

Ben

I've been jumped badly once, not so badly a couple more times, and had a bunch of stuff thrown at me. Also had a couple of death threats. It's few and far between, but I think it's important to recognise that homophobia is still out there and putting some of us into danger.

16. Tym Misery

Tym Misery Guest

Since I never came out in School, I got harassed for just about everything asides being Bisexual; I did have someone who harassed me bluntly stop me in the lunch line and ask me if I'd kiss them which I said yes and well they left me alone after that.

17. Hrantou

A few times. Mostly from drunk guys who don't remember what they did in the morning. Drunk guys arent the best at fighting either, who knew? Once they fall down, they tend to not get back up.

My brother in law however is a homophobic guy and says he hates gay guys (guys, not girls..typical homophobic macho guy) and says he can "beat the gay out of them". Its the main reason I haven't come out to my sister yet. Its technically not AT me but its the same thing.

18. ScatteredEarth

Not exactly, but I was threatened at the school I was in. And I swear to god if I have to say why one more time it's gonna be 1 too many times.

19. DrkRayne

Oh wow Just Friday. Yes. My fiancee's brother and father threatened to kill us both.

20. Hexagon

Yeah. Nothing I expected would turn physical though. Most people don't carry out their threats.