1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothed vs. unclothed attraction

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Starry Eyes, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

So I've noticed that I am attracted to women when they are wearing something beautiful that shows off their figure, but a little less attracted to them once they take their clothes off, and yet the opposite is true of men. I find my attraction to men diminished when they are wearing clothes, but once the clothes come off I start to pay more attention.

For example when walking past the t.v. I will not give much attention to a man wearing a suit on screen, but when in the next scene that same guy is wearing nothing but a towel I stop to look.

So what is up with that? Why would my attraction change like that?

2. purplekitty

From what you've described, it is opposite from what I've read is the conventional view. Usually, men are attractive when you can see what they do, which is usually shown by what clothes they wear. Women are usually seen as more attractive without clothes because it shows off their fertility.

Maybe you have the same thing, but with the genders switched?

3. Northern

For me it's sort of the same for clothes and without clothes, just with clothes it is more about how you act and your personality, while without clothes is obviously more about physical stuffs.

I find clothing to be quite interesting as it can give the illusion of having a "better" body than what one has, however it can also hide it.

4. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Perhaps. I'm really not sure which is why I am trying to figure this out.

5. method

What someone's wearing definitely influences where my glances go

6. Zac

Zac

I'd prefer to look at half naked men than fully clothed ones :slight_smile:

7. Jasonincloset

Out Status:
    Family only
    So true, same here:slight_smile:

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It might have something to do with perceived vulnerability between the two sexes, since women are constantly objectified sexually, and would seem empowered when clothed, in comparison. Opposite with men. I have something similar in fantasies involving men in submissive positions and women in dominant ones.

Or maybe you just like the sense of mystery that comes with a clothed woman? I've always been partial to some skin shown, and there seems less options for men; less "in between" space.

Some might even say you're mostly attracted to men purely based on how little clothes you'd prefer seeing on them! That's entirely your call, though.

9. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Speaking about women, I think I may be more a demi-clothed attraction kind of girl. Haha. I love naked, sure I do, but I prefer if there's still some space left for imagination.
    Men? I kinda find men in suits, wearing ties attractive the most. But I mostly end up like wow, I'd love to have that tie, and what knot does he use? :lol: It's more like aesthetic attraction.

10. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Interesting thoughts. Yeah, I would say I do feel that women are empowered when clothed. But, I think being a crossdresser I project my feelings of wanting to dress the same way and being powerless to do so onto them. I also agree that there is something mysterious about a clothed woman.

As for men, the opposite could be true. We wear the same clothes (in public) and so there is nothing I aspire to or find beautiful there and so prefer to see them naked.

This is very confusing. :lol:

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, yeah: nude male body + female clothing = winning!

I could see how that thought would be attractive to a transgender MAAB. Doesn't even have to involve sexuality, necessarily. :eusa_naug

12. Hexagon

I think for me, attraction can increase a little for both genders when there is at least some clothing involved. Not too much, though. :grin: I'd say I continue to have stronger attraction to women when they have lots of clothes on, compared to men. Dunno why.

13. DrkRayne

I think men look nice in suits. I love their clothes and to me it makes them look like a lovely piece of art. I think part of my mind wishes I could be them, so I look when I see a man in a nice suit.

Women...clothes on, clothes off....gah...I drool. I love a woman in a nice outfit, but when her clothes come off I can help but look. I love a woman in lingerie. Mmmmmmm

---------- Post added 9th Oct 2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

Exactly!!!

14. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Cloths contribute a lot to my attraction. Cow boy outfits :3

15. leer

guess ad prefer a guy who was dressed smart at first then just like a little kid I would unwrap all excited & spend hours playing with the present.:roflmao:

16. biggayguy

I like people better in swimwear rather than nude.

17. Ohhai

I like women in clothes. Not that I'd say no to a woman naked though...

18. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Agreed.

19. lil boi

For me, it usually depends on what they're wearing and who they are. I mean I would love style on any person as long as it matches them and depending on how they wear it, it can be more of a turn on rather than just showing skin. But it depends on who the person is and how they look and what kind of body they have.

For example, a chunky guy who has a nice body would of coarse look good without clothes. But if he looks even hotter in a certain style or outfit he wears, then that's HOT.
    But if you're talking about a guy with a not-so-attractive body, of coarse he would look better in clothes. But he would have to wear a style that matches him or his body in the way that makes him more attractive.

Same goes for girls, except for me, I can't find girls who are fully naked attractive. Showing some skin is nice though. But I think they just seem less attractive when they are more slutty. And girls can look amazing with the variety of clothes and style that's out for them. And sometimes even more clothes can make a girl (and even guys too) look more attractive depending if it's something that suits their figure and personality.

But it all depends on the outfit, person, and their figure.

And like Paris said, clothes can make room for our imagination. :grin:

20. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I think clothing really can make an otherwise plain guy look really attractive, a tight-fitting v-neck and a pair of super-tight skinny jeans can make me fall in love with a guy even if he doesn't have the prettiest face in the world. So I actually do have a slight preference for clothed attraction.

(The reverse can also be true though, someone with bad fashion sense can really turn me of an otherwise hot guy who looks great nude.)

Of course that's not to say I don't have any unclothed attraction, I love looking at every part of the male body lol. A hot naked body can also make up for not having the prettiest face in the world.

But then again the most important feature to me is a pretty face, which doesn't really change clothed or unclothed. (Unless you count makeup, which can look really sexy on some people and improve their attractiveness.)