1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reminded myself why I chose my screen name

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by redneck, Oct 9, 2013.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I definitely am a redneck. I had just done some work on my 3 wheeler the other day and decided to 'test' it in the yard before I went muddling. My yard has a little hill thats about 3ft tall and then table tops. I decided I was gonna do a wheelie off the hill. Okay, that was fun lets do it again, now faster....faster...faster.... About the 15 time I found too fast. I ramped over the hill in a flying wheelie and the machine landed on the rear rack and I landed flat on my back (I know how I ride so I always wear a helmet). After gathering my senses I got up walked over to the machine and tipped it back on its wheels. Then proceeded to have a swearing bout because I broke one of the rear fenders. Who else besides a redneck would wreck an atv and be more concerned that they damaged the machine than they are about the fact they are bleeding from all the cuts on their back?

2. biggayguy

Do you like red neck jokes? I think they are funny and often true. "If going to the bathroom in the middle of the night involves shoes and a flashlight... You might be a redneck."

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. LILuke

Redneck jokes are great. :grin:

5. justjade

:lol: Kudos, good sir. Redneck, you certainly know how to have a good time. You remind me of one of my friends from community college. Oh, and I like your signature.

6. Data

Data Guest

Yup, I've done things of that sort before.

I feel like even though being a redneck is made fun of and looked down upon, I really admire them and sometimes feel like a redneck myself. Ingenuity and creativity is what I think of when I think about rednecks.

Let me guess, you'll take the fender off and epoxy a piece of scrap on the underside and fill in the crack. That's what I'd do. If you like it to look nice, epoxy the fender together on the underside and fill the crack with bondo (bog). Wet sand and paint the bondo. TADA ALL FIXED.

7. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    " Kudos, good sir. Redneck, you certainly know how to have a good time. You remind me of one of my friends from community college. Oh, and I like your signature."

Hey jade haven't seen u around lateley (then again I've been too busy to hit the fun & games section) I don't really know if it's having fun or just inventing new ways to injure myself lol. You have mentioned that I remind you of friends from CC a couple times. I gotta meet these people they sound like a riot to hang with. And Thanks for the compliment on my sig.

DATA
    YES, I might epoxy a piece on it for a temporary patch but there really is no fixing it so that it looks right. The machine just has a 20/20 rattle can paint job anyway. I really need to find a fully intact rear rack for it. The rack supports the center of the fenders or I would have removed it because it just pivots on the one bolt on each side. It is what destroyed the fender because it flexed it way too far.

---------- Post added 10th Oct 2013 at 08:17 AM ----------

I'm glad it was there the other day though because it was the only thing that kept the 350lb machine from flipping backwards and landing on top of me. Also if the rack was mounted solid it would make putting it in my truck easier because I do not have ramps and I have to reach through it and grab the frame which burys the rack in my thighs while I'm trying to lift it.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Always remember where you came from and never forget where you're going...

9. monotone

Can someone tell some redneck jokes? lol

10. staychill

staychill Guest

Haha I'm a bit of a redneck. I love mudding in my 4 wheeler and shooting guns. I used to hang out with friends after school and we would go fishing and have a few beers. I think that redecks have kind of a bad name in other parts of the country, and I think it's a bit unjustified. I mean, some of the coolest, most down-to-earth people I've met have been rednecks. People need to be less judgemental of others before getting to know them.