1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's your experience on this forum?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cesar, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Cesar

I haven't had much time around here and I would like to hear some stories and some opinions if that's cool.. How long you been around this forum and what's one of the major things you like from it?

2. LD579

I like the people in general. :thumbsup: Lots of cool people are here!

3. Hrantou

I haven't had a single bad experience here. Its nice and refreshing to meet a forum of people who don't troll each other or belittle anyone.

I hope EC stays that way for a long time.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great here, and once you join, you can never leave. You can try, but you will not be able to stay away.

---------- Post added 9th Oct 2013 at 04:46 PM ----------

On a serious note, we're a really big family here, that's what it feels like. You've got more than 34,000 brothers and sisters here, and we always take care of each other. It's a great place to be, and there's some people here that I really hope to meet in person someday.

5. One thing I've noticed is that fighting is rare, and is usually called off by the involved parties before mods need to get involved.

6. DesertTortoise

I'm impressed by the level of support and how everyone helps to keep this a safe place. There are people who come here at very difficult times in their lives--and there seems to be a deep respect for the need to maintain an atmosphere of mutual caring.

Also, can pick up a lot of information and stories that would take a long time to absorb without a resource like this.

7. Amerigo

this forum changed my life for the better :slight_smile: cannot fault it

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Blown away by EC. I've been a member here since April (had to make a new account for the time being, so hoping to resolve that soon), and through EC, have been able to not only figure out my identity but connect with people all over the sexuality and gender spectrum. As Gaytheist put it, we really are something of a family. :slight_smile:

9. LILuke

I've only been here a month or so but I love it! Everyone is so nice! (*hug*)

10. TheStrongestLink

Awesome. It has the best community!
    And it has cake.

11. Jonathan

As one can see from looking at the little bio thingie under my avatar, I've been on EC since 2007 (a.k.a a very very long time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Although the forum has grown quite exponentially from the small close-knit members it had back in the day, I still feel as if EC has managed to maintain the family-like feel that it had back then. A feat which is pretty astounding when you consider how many members it has today.

12. justjade

I enjoy it.

13. Gen

Gen

Dreadful. Purely, dreadful.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to be the first Negative Nancy of the thread. Clearly, I can't hate it that much if I have joined staff; though I could be secretly trying to drive the whole place into the ground. You never know... :sunglasses:

14. TheStrongestLink

No worries, the spies report that you're not trying to do so.

15. June Cleaver

It is an amazing tool! Through EC I have been able to talk to other transgender people which is amazing in itself. I have also enjoyed everyone else even when I catch heck from those few who love to debate me and tell me how wrong I am! I could never get to talk about same sex relationships without it. Which some things I read on here have been really eye-opening! The only sad thing it has shown me is how divided the community really is:icon_sad:. The bottom line, I sure wish I had it available to me when I was 12! I look foward to many more years of enjoyment on here! I love you all! and concider you all my extended family. June

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So wonderful. There are so many people on here, but only a handful of regular posters, so it feels comfortable and friendly. And even when there are fights, we're usually very civil, and call it off when we feel things getting too heated. I may be responsible for one or two escalations. :rolle:

But EC has been so wonderful. I couldn't have gotten through my problems so well without you guys. I love EC, and I love everyone on here. (&&&)

17. Emulator

Plenty of mutual support.
    There are disagreements sometimes, but it doesn't go too far :slight_smile:

18. iHateThinking

I don't know anyone here well, but my experiences thus far have been pretty good. Everyone here (or the ones I've interacted at least) are helpful, kind, and polite. Great sense of community and family, which is really cool. Reminds me of another forum I'm on in that respect, everyone is friendly and it's like a giant family unit. Very comforting. :slight_smile:

19. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although I am on my own, living a very ordinary life (going through a divorce), I feel as if I belong here, more than I've belonged anywhere else, ever.

These symbols on my computer screen represent the brave and beautiful souls who write them daily. They are my link to a group of people who've come here by the accident of being somewhat different from the others and the accident of finding this amazing site.

How's my experience here? I think of everyone I read about, my mind is always ready to come up with an idea for a thread. Here, I can laugh and cry and have done a fair bit of both...my experience here? Like life, only more so.

20. Abbra

I love it here. I haven't exactly had the best experience with internet forums (not blaming them, as I've taken part in some of the rudeness myself) but this website has proven that it's possible to be supportive and kind.

People have helped me, and I'd like to think I've helped others as well. This website is like that. It's all about giving and receiving love. Sounds like a pretty good deal, if I do say so myself.