1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I don't do THAT!" Absurd stereotypes debunked!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hoppip, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Hoppip

I've decided to make this thread for all of you to share your stories of interesting, stupid, completely false and/or absurd stereotypes of the LGTBQ community that you've heard. And we can talk about how dumb they really are!

-(Try not to post really offensive ones, though. If you can help it).

So here's one of my friend's stories:

My friend Katie was in a fight with her mom because her mom would absolutely NOT let her spend the night with a boy. Even if it was a birthday party or something, and there was a load of girls and only a few guys, it was still out of the question. No matter what, her mom wouldn't budge.

So Katie says, "What about Sean? Can't he at least ever come to spend the night?"

And Katie's mom replies, "God, Katie - everyone KNOWS gay guys sleep with girls!"

:lol:

2. Tim

Tim

I posted a thread like this a while back, I went to a friends party, and talked to someone for a while there, as we both didn't know anyone else buy my friend at the party, not even each other, at the end, my friend said the friend said "God, I didn't think a gay guy could be so unsocial"

3. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hmmm... nothing too funny.. except when I first came out to my friend and FORCED her to talk about it *shock horror* the only question she wanted to ask was:

"did you ever like Kurt Cobain?" (I am a big nirvana fan).. I felt like saying.. yer I used to think he was so hot and wanted to shag him, then one day I just decided it would be more fun to like girls instead and go through all the excitement of telling you I'm gay... bless!!

4. Nodnarb

I wish this thread would have been here like a month ago, cuz I would have had some funny ones to post, but I can't remember them now. I just remember that one of the out gay guys at our school was brought up at lunch and a hilarious conversation about gay people followed it. Meh....I have terrible memory....

5. Hoppip

I once got asked if gay people get turned on when they see themselves naked.

I certainly don't. @_@

6. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

hmm... no.. me neither...

actually.. on that note I was talking to my one gay friend about funny conversations she has had...

- one of my/her friends asked if gay people could have "normal friends"
    - had no idea how gay guys or lesbians had sex (I don't think she knows yet as no one really wanted to tell her :S)
    - had never heard the term "straight" being used...
    - on and then their are all the comments about how gay people fancy EVERYONE of the same sex and will practically jump on anyone they like ...

this girl is 16 for gods sake!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of my friends think I want every guy I see. So I just pick out random girls.

"Do you want her?"
    -"no"
    "How about her?"
    -"no"
    "Ok how about her over there?"
    -"no"

"Case Closed."

lol.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my co-workers stopped talking to me when he found out I was gay. Since I didn't work closely with him, I honestly didn't notice for like a month. Finally, I found out, and talked to him about it.

He looked at me kind of funny, and said, "So you don't want to have sex with me?"

I said, "Vance, no. In fact, I think I'd rather go straight."

He got pissed. "Come on! What's wrong with me?"

I stood there kind of in shock. "Vance, are you saying that you've been offended for a month because you thought I wanted to have sex with you...and now you're offended when you found out that I don't?"

Lex

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Congratulations, Youve made me make my first smile of today :slight_smile:

10. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Lol yeah guys say that a lot like they think I like any guy I see. So I'm like do you like [ugly girl] , they say no and I say why? Then they say cuz she's ugly so I say ok samething for me lol.

11. Bryan90

Yeah.. that's like the typical stereotype that sometimes irks me a lot... Another one that can be pretty annoying is:

Friend of a friend: "Oh so you're gay?"
    Me: "Yes...."
    Friend of a friend: "You look pretty masculine, so you must be the "guy" in the relationship"
    Me: "Hmph...." :bang::bang:

It really astounds me; the number of people who think that there HAS TO BE a defined guy and a defined girl in a same-sex relationship...

12. Brett

I think my two faves are when girls ask me to help them do their make up, and I'm like, ".......um.....IDK how to do that....."
    And they just give me this look like ":confused:"

And then there's this thing where everyone thinks that gay jokes will offend me or something. So I made a gay joke (the one about the condom in the hot tub)
    And they just gave me that same ":confused:" look again. Twas hillarious! XD

13. Tim

Tim

My friend tried that... but they ended in yes's lol

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You can't be a lesbian, you wear skirts and jewellery and have long hair and everything!"
    -Exact quote from a girl I go to school with.

15. halfy

lol. i was having a conversation like this with my gay friends the other day. my friend rachel was like "oh so my mum was like 'rachel, you're gay right? will you help me with this DIY'?" then my other friend was like "yeah my mum and dad always ask for my help with decorating."

16. Kat22

One of my coworkers wouldn't believe for the longest time that I'm gay because I am VERY femminine. One day we had a conversation that went a little something like this (by this time she knew, accepted it, and was joking--we're good friends now):

"Ok. You are totally not gay and I have one surefire way to prove it."--Friend
    "Oh you do, huh? Ok, friend, why am I not gay?"--Me
    "Do you play softball?"
    "No. I suck at it. You know that."
    "SEE?!?! I Told you you weren't a lezzie!"

What made this even more funny is that one of my best friend who works with us is gay and she is pretty much the star of her softball team. Ha!

17. Hoppip

PHAHAAAAA.
    That maaaade my day.

I like that nobody expects me to do manual labor because they think I'm a nancy. I don't really mind not doing it.

18. darkestknight

Same thing my friends usually ask me. "Are you the wife or husband?"

I said, "Let's do things together!" :roflmao:

19. Trumpetplyer23

lol. Oddly, where I live, if you're a girl and you play softball, people think you're straight.

Anyways, my own story. I was working in a group in English class and a girl says "Oh, you totally have a thing for [insert random girl's name here]. and I was like "Um, no, I don't like everything that's human or has a brain. Oh, and if you were wondering, you don't fall into either category." Man, was she pissed!!!

20. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I ussually pick out the ones that I KNOW they would never go for. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: