1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Be careful"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shamrockmut93, Oct 10, 2013.

1. My mom was just talking to me about her fear that I'll be attacked. I hate the idea that we have to be so cautious in public because we might offend someone, who in turn might do something not so nice. In all honesty, I wish terrible suffering on all the haters out there, I want them to suffer all the pain that they have ever inflicted on anyone, but in a way that isn't fair, they're too impressionable to know any better. I get so overwhelmingly angry just thinking about this, no one should ever have to live with this bullshit.

2. Data

Data Guest

It's sad, but it is the human flaw.

My suggestion to anyone and everyone is to learn how to defend your body. Learn hand to hand self defense, learn how to knife fight, and learn how to operate a firearm. These skills will save your life ond day.

I've never had to attack someone after they attacked me, but I have drawn a weapon on a man before and I'm glad I had that shotgun when I needed it. Things could have went much differently if I didn't draw that weapon and defuse the situation.

3. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand and 100% know the feeling, and it sucks. I get it on a couple fronts, too, cause truthfully I pass as a gay GIRL as often if not more than a gay boy. I've been called all kinds a names. Not just faggot, but when me and my sister go out people will call us dykes or queers or whatever else.

Sometimes, it really does make you feel hate for people. For me, I hate having to constantly worry about getting beaten up or raped (my sister won't even let me go anywhere by myself because of this), I just want to be able to go out in peace, and not have to worry about evil, hateful people, all the time.

It's actually turning me pretty radical, too....this song is a good listen, if you like the type of music, lool:

OTEP I, Alone - YouTube

4. Hexagon

About the only thing I could do to make myself more of a target would be to walk around with a sign announcing my trans status. I pass fine, which is good, but I still look queer, by choice. I've learnt how to defend myself, and I don't get too worried. If something happens, it happens.

As for the people who make society the way it is... I don't want to waste my time hating them.

5. Hrantou

I've had to defend myself a few times. The best thing I can tell you is to learn how to fight. Self defense is a great thing to learn anyway because whether you're gay or not, you might need to still use it one day.

Personally, I own a gun. Luckily I've never had to use it. I trained to use it though in case one day I might need it. I hope I never do though.

I'm not saying that the world is out to get you. Honestly, attitudes towards gays and other parties are starting to lighten up and become more accepting these days. And the chance of being attacked is still low, but it does happen.

In the words of Tychus Findlay (Starcraft) "It pays to be prepared."

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Fixed.

... In all seriousness though, learning to defend yourself is a good idea.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations, you have the beginning of a warrior's spirit. Does this realization call you to action? I mean, it is sad that as queer people, we have to be extra worried about our safety. It is sadder still that many of us, having that knowledge, do not invest much time in self-defense...

8. monotone

But Tychus died in the end...

9. leer

Had this discussion with my mum after she came to A&E to pick me up had got beaten up by some lads after school mum was scared it might keep happening I felt like shit had given up somehow .not easy to talk about .