1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alter Ego?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Northern, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Northern

I am just curious about alter ego's, does anyone here have one? What are they like, completely different, or just altered? I don't necessarily mean a character you take on for long periods of time, but just someone who can be kind of an "escape" so to speak. So do you have an alter ego? If so what are they like? If not, why not, and what would they be like?

2. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I dunno. I guess Stefani could be considered somewhat of an alter ego. My personality is actually mildly different when presenting as Stefani from when I'm presenting as Seth, buut, yeah, I'm still the same person, either way, so I wouldn't consider myself to have an "alter ego".

3. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Being genderfluid I often times slip into "girl mode", though I wouldn't call it an alter ego. I do act more free spirited when dressed up in something pretty than when I have to do guy stuff in guy clothes.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. I've noticed my personality subtly shifts between being female and male. Female, I'm demure, little neurotic, somewhat "princess-y". Male, still awkward and quiet but little less neurotic, little more smug.

Let it also sink in that I'm a prospective journalism major who changes clothes on a whim and has a secret identity...

5. leer

tends to happen after a few:beer::beer: inside me. can be a bit gobby sometimes.

6. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had different names for when I was online. Benjamin Blackwood was one. I use Will Roberts for places like this, they were just names I liked. They're normally a more honest version of myself.

7. RainyViolinist

I'm kind of like that. I act a little more outgoing, friendly, and, I must admit, flamboyant around friends, but I'm quiet and keep to myself around people I'm not comfortable with.

8. Northern

Well I noticed that my own personality tends to shift quite the bit, and I have sort of two sides, one is the shy soft spoken and basically gentle side, and the other is quite loud and confident and life of the party. I can go through them daily in cycles depending on who is there, so I was interested to see if others had alter egos.

9. iHateThinking

Yes and no, I'd say. I know I go through weird cycles in terms of behavior, right now I'm in my more cynical, less-social mode... But that might be a bit of depression, I'm not sure.

In terms of a more legitimate "Alter Ego", I have my character Kami. Her and I have gone through many-a-things together; she's been my character for several years now. In a way, she's kind of the person I wish I was - direct, blunt, takes no one's s**t, but still a softie. Yet she maintains her own independence as a character. I've been meaning to develop her more, but haven't gotten around to it. Most of my online friends also address me as Kami, but even then there's a difference between myself versus the character.

Overall it's a very complicated relationship. :lol:

10. Miss Loopy

Yes, but that's down to mental health issues.

I wouldn't say it's a separate personality of it's own, but my other one is a little bit of a psychopath and certainly psychotic. I slip into it when I come off medication and when I get exceptionally annoyed/upset.

Normal me is just jokey and care-free.

RUN AWAY CHILDREN

11. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have many faces (metaphorically).
    With me, I usually switch between "The Smart Guy" and "The Smartass".
    Most of my faces are usually pissed off, with a few exceptions("Somewhat Sociable" and "Sensei").

12. biggayguy

Now that I've accepted being gay I find my feminine side coming out much more. The side that likes shopping, silky things, cuddling, a good tear-jerker movie and afternoon tea. There are times I hear a very female voice responding to a question and realize that it's my voice. As Martha Stewart said "It's a good thing."

13. Zular462

Hah! My life is built around my alter ego Katie. It's what distinguishes me as Genderfluid.

- JK

14. DrkRayne

I don't know if its an alter-ego, but I do have the way I act at home with my gf or with my friends and the way I act in public/work/professional enviroments.

I'm very different. In reality I'm a silly person who is scared of bugs and giggles and make silly jokes
    When I'm at work, or in public places, I'm rather professional acting and people have said I'm cold and stand-offish. I am also very protective of my wife and I take on a
    "dominant" role, which is why ignorant people have said "oh you must be the man in the realtionship"
    So....yeah...