1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "How Did I Ever Think I Was Straight?" moments! (AKA "Yep, that was the clue!")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Siarad, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Siarad

So now that I'm finally in the business of accepting my sexuality - I have a lot of those "how did I ever think I was straight?" moments! I was just reading some of the posts on here and remembering how there were two girls in my sixth form always rumoured to be in a relationship with each other (at least one of them is now in a long-term relationship with a different woman so it was probably true). A lot of people were very unpleasant about them but I remember thinking that it actually seemed quite cool and I was very envious of their relationship.

So what are your "HDIETIWS" moments?

2. Haze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Re: The "How Did I Ever Think I Was Straight?" moments! (AKA "Yep, that was the clue!

Mine's really nerdy, so please be warned!

Ok, so I was about fifteen and just happened to catch an episode of Star Trek: Voyager when I was up late watching T.V. It was the first time I saw Seven of Nine in a skin-tight uniform. I remember really liking it then correcting my thinking and saying to myself ' wow, she is a nerd-fanboy's wet dream'. Now I don't have to correct my thinking anymore! :grin: I'll tell you one thing, I sure as hell don't remember the plot of the episode :wink:

3. Ohhai

Re: The "How Did I Ever Think I Was Straight?" moments! (AKA "Yep, that was the clue!

Kristen Stewart, 'nuff said :grin:

4. leer

first real sign was when I was 8 me and my mates were into Wrestling ''WWE'' and we pretended to be wrestling characters anyway a mate was always EDGE & I always got excited when it was his turn to pin me on a trampoline its difficult to explain it was like a tingling feeling when it was his turn to pin me. I was always stone cold Steve Austin .

5. Oxelotl

Probably the part where multiple times I showed very strong sexual attraction to naked men.

6. Emulator

In the days when I did not know any other sexuality other than straight and gay, people always discussed romance and boyfriends and girlfriends - they still do - and how everyone should fall in love and get married in their lifetime. At that point I wasn't really looking forward to "falling in love and getting married", and as much as I tried I could not force any love out of myself for anyone.
    Just a while ago I found that "straight" in my context is now undefined, since it involves gender. Quite a mess-up of things.
    So both the above put together define my sexuality, at least for now.

7. Waffles

I'm with Oxelotl on this one. I always remember in gym class, while everyone else was getting dressed, I would try to sneak peakd at whatever I could get. *hides in corner* I kinda though "I'm just looking because I want to try and get into better shape." ... not so much the case now that I think of it. ^^;

8. kem

kem

I always made my sims gay...
    EDIT: also, taking peeks in the shower after gym class

9. Rainbow Girl

Well, when I was seven my parents and I were going over to my Dad's best friend's house for supper. My Dad's friend was introducing us to his new girlfriend at the time (they broke up not long after that) for the first time. I decided that I wanted to "marry" her and spend the evening begging her to her marry me. Also, I really loved disney princesses would have "fantasies" about Cinderella (as in kissing her picture on my storybooks).

10. Split Arrows

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and there are so many of these moments.

I remember once when I was about 9 or 10 that I was with my dad, doing back to school clothes shopping and I was looking at the male models on all the ads a bit too much for his comfort.

Also, I refused to shower after gym class because I was afraid I'd get an erection...that should've really tipped me off lol.

11. thesharkamander

In fifth grade health class when all the other girls where flipping out and acting disgusted at the diagrams of the vulva and I just thought it was cool. :grin:

12. biggayguy

Watching the gymnast kid in high school do his floor routine. (Everyone said he was gay.) I kept thinking how nice it would be if he was my boyfriend. He was so very cute! Yet I never approached him for fear of being exposed at a Christian school. They would have expelled anyone who admitted being gay without remorse. Back then I tried very hard to be straight.

13. penguin machine

You too eh? I just assumed I was another straight guy who loves to look at dicks. That all flew out the window as soon as I got my hands and/or mouth around one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2013 at 07:22 AM ----------

Story of my LIFE. I should also add my fascination with the bodybuilders on the covers of magazines in Walmart and the like.

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2013 at 07:24 AM ----------

I totally did this. I completely forgot. They were hairdressers and had this adorable little blue house.... I even had mods to make them have sex. How did I not see this???? :bang:

14. CheesyGoose

That and probably the gym thing too :T Kinda can't help but peek :U

15. MaybeJory

My whole life is a HDIETIWS moment. I find it hilarious. I totally forgot that I made my sims gay.

16. leer

in the showers after PE in Senior school Id done a bit of research by then I was thinking am either bi liking boys allot more or am gay like Elton John yes I know he's not a grate role model .

17. Miss Loopy

Getting drunk with my girl friends at like 14/15 and "messing about" kissing each other for practise. I enjoyed it far too much...

18. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

OH MY GOD, SAME. She was the one that made me realize and accept that I wasn't straight, because I found her so damn attractive. I even told that to some people at school and they were like "dude wtf ew", so I kept my growing attraction to her a secret.

19. dee0713

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Never being completely comfortable with the label 'straight'. Becoming waaay more interested in a show/book/film if it had a lesbian character in it. Having crushes on guys, but always thinking 'I don't think I'd actually date them, though'. Making ALL my female Sims gay, yuuup. Scarlett Johansson. And a whole load of other things...

Looking back, I'm just like 'I thought I was straight? H-h-howww?', but, I dunno, it really did not occur to me until pretty recently...

20. Hrantou

I remember watching voyager and I had such a crush on Tom Paris. He was so cute and awesome.

Mine was in high school. I ended up dating a girl for about a month, until she broke it off. Looking back on it, I'm not surprised. I don't know why I even tried :roflmao: I'm incredibly gay.