1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have any nervous habits?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chercheur, Oct 12, 2013.

1. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My big one is haair twirling. I've done it since I was like 5 and it drives me and people around me crazy. I know I'm stressed or excited when I start doing that...I don't even notice it, haha! And it doesn't matter how long or short my hair is...it's less annoying now cause I have short hair and can't chew it like I do when it's long XD

Anything, anyone (hair twirling, nail biting, etc anything you do out of nervous habit)?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Knuckle cracking, rubbing my neck, brushing through my hair. Drives my dad nuts whenever I crack my knuckles

3. Oxelotl

My leg tends to shake a lot, and I fiddle with my watch (just repeatedly click and unclick it open) and I usually feel sick in the stomach as well and sweat.

4. MoyashiAlice

I have a really odd one. I constantly fiddle and shred paper. In a period of school or so, I often shred a full sheet of paper and eventually roll it into tiny paper balls. If I don't do it in public, I get extremely fidgety and start feeling hyper sensitive. Ah, social anxiety. -_-

5. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I constantly need to move, like I get fidgety. I also crack my knuckles when I'm nervous with freaks people out. And I chew on things, be it a pencil and pen or my own finger...jez I sound like a nervous wreck.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My leg bounces, as if it's tapping to a really fast beat. I also end up tearing apart Q-tips in my mouth. And biting my nails. And picking zits. And shaking my foot...

7. BornInTexas

If I am sitting down, I bite my nails or rock back and forth slowly. If I am standing up, biting my nails and starting to walk around are two big ones. >_<

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bite the skin around my nails, pick at my skin, and pull out strands of hair.

9. Ruthven

Well, because of my social anxiety I'm usually not comfortable at all when talking to someone or a group I don't know. This may lead me to clutching whatever is in my hand real tight like my keys or something.

Of course, I've been a shut-in (SA ruins everything and makes life harder than it needs to be/need a job) for a long time, and so I haven't done that recently.

10. Siarad

I have a tendency to chew my thumb and little finger on my left hand when I'm bored and not really thinking about it. Years of doing this has left me with raised, round, teeth-shaped areas on my skin on my thumb and little finger that just won't disappear through filing or anything - Still got the habit, though!

11. Ohhai

I pull my hair out. It used to get so bad I had little bald patches -.-

12. silkfrog1292

I would bite and worry my lip, usually to the point it bleeds.
    I also sweat horribly and stutter when I'm nervous, which usually means I'm at a great disadvantage whenever i'm in some sort of interview.

13. Twinkletoes81xx

I twirl my hair, rub my neck and crack my knuckles :slight_smile:

14. CheesyGoose

Bite my nails, crack my knuckles, rub my neck, my face turns into a tomato, I start stuttering, I walk around like a crazy person, when sitting my legs are always tapping the ground, I tend to touch my hands a lot too.

Yeah....

15. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    'Nervous habbit'? No none that I can think of. I do have a 'nervous tick' (completely involuntary) when I get nervous. I snap my head to the right very violently. The best way to describe the move would be 'try and snap your head around fast enough to bite your ear'. Yes, it is that much of a sudden and violent move (It actually 'pops' my neck most times). The worst part is that It usually only shows up when I'm nervous but it then makes me feel like everybody in the room is 'staring at the freak' so I get more nervous and it gets even worse in a continuous cycle.

16. spl4tterpunk

Out Status:
    A few people
    i bite my lips a lot and crack my knuckles, when i was younger i would always rub my neck. sometimes i twirl my hair but not that often any more since i cut it ;w;.

17. Sitri

I bite my lip or finger. Rub my hair and neck. Tug on my earlobe. Hold something really tightly to my chest, usually my books. Then, if it gets really bad, I curl up into the fetal position, hide under something and sob, though I haven't done that in at least a month.

18. leer

I stutter a little. constantly check my mobile. get impatient

19. Tic Code

I chew my fingernails and the skin around them. Also, my Tourette's acts up when I get stressed, so I tic more noticeably and frequently than normal.

20. feelinglostx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I bite my nails or if I have a pen I annoy everyone else by clicking it a million times