1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's how it went.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Oct 13, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So yesterday, my mom was surprised that I'd slept in until noon (Hey, I got home at 4:30 in the morning and into bed at 5:00). She and my brother had rode over here with my aunt and her boys and we hung out for a bit and about an hour later, my mom decided against going to the game with me, so I went and stuck around for the first half of my school getting shut out, 33-0 for our homecoming game. On an unrelated note, we really need to fire our head coach, not because we suck so badly, but because the only thing he's tried to do here is make a spectacle of himself. If you go to the athletic website, the first thing you see is him. In fact, Deadspin made fun of him relentlessly over this video they made about his slogan, "Row the Boat," which has absolutely nothing to do with a Bronco, or football itself, and the so-called "new traditions." It's actually pretty funny it's so painfully stupid.

[YOUTUBE]IgHyEbMQ-OE[/YOUTUBE]

In fact, here's what they do at the end of the third quarter, and it's really embarassing for our folks. I'm in this video, but I'm on the side of the stadium the camera's facing, so unfortunately, you can't see me.

[YOUTUBE]x8oQ2ZN9_Po[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, after that debacle, we had dinner at an IHOP, and gave the leftovers to a couple homeless guys panhandling under an overpass. We went back to my aunt's apartment and watched Michigan lay an egg against Penn State while my brother was too busy playing Grand Theft Auto with his cousins. I didn't see much of him.

It went a lot better than expected, and I guess my mom is now a lot nicer to me because she doesn't see me as much. I also found out that last night was her birthday. (Whoops, completely slipped my mind.) Generally all she does is bitch and moan, but yesterday she told me all about how much she misses my voice and how much my dogs miss me. She said that the day before they left, she said to my dog, "I'm going to go see (AwesomGaytheist) tomorrow. Where is he?" His ears shot up and he started running around the house looking for me. Poor dog. He's going to be waiting a while.

2. William

3. Northern

Ohhh I dont know much about Football, or really any sport for the matter (yeah totally the sporty guy) but it seems that the coach is a bit too focused on music, and less on I dunno, playing the game...

Good to hear your mother is warming up to you, feel bad for the doggy though :frowning2:

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I'm a lifelong Michigan fan, and had season tickets growing up, and I came to WMU for the aviation program and it's a really strange transition. Waldo Stadium is the smallest football stadium I've ever been in.

That and the players from the other team have been doing the third down thing. So we're not only getting clobbered every week, but we're also being mocked.

#4 AwesomGaytheist, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013