1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I broke my own rule because I needed to

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Foxface, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Foxface

This isn't about Glee per se otherwise I would have not made this as there is already a Glee thread. Instead it's about myself. How selfish of me right? But bear with me and join in if you like.

First...my rule

I love Glee and because I pretty much only have Netflix I have to wait til the entire season is done to catch up. That means defiantly avoiding the Glee forums and thread here so I don't find spoilers smacking me in the face. (seriously...you can't believe how amazing I am at not getting spoilers...anyway)

My rule is that I will never watch an episode out of order or read a book out of order. Well tonight I couldn't help it. I watched the episode of Glee where Finn dies. I had to on many occasions walk away, turn it off or whatever. I cried a lot and I needed to.

So that's my rule and here is why I am posting this thread, because in reality it is for you guys to open up should you choose to.

Did you ever have a character or actor or musician touch you to the point you couldn't stand being without them? That was Finn for me. Sure he wasn't my favorite character in the show (die hard Brittany S Pierce fan) but he meant so much. Watching his life evolve as I have amazed me...then he was gone due to awful circumstances. It hurt me a lot. Now it's true I don't know Cory personally. He isn't family and he isn't a personal friend. But still it hurt me. So I broke my rule and watched his episode and cried enough to drown myself and I must say it felt amazing.

Lately as a very special person knows, I have been beating myself up and rally trying to find out who I am. And this person has walked me through a lot of it. Coming out as bi, trying o forgive myself of my past and a whole lot more.

So I wish to accomplish three things in this thread.

1. Offer my heartfelt thanks to Pret Allez. My confidant, my friend and someone I care a lt about. I can only hope my sister reads this.

2. To offer you the chance to get some feelings out about someone famous or even close by that has inspired you with their life.

3. To also make a thread where you can thank a person who helped you

I know it is probably totally selfish..but if you want to contribute, please do. If not, then this thread will die quickly but not before I made my point.

You guys here, EC are wonderful. You're lives are for a good portion difficult but I know you found someone outside here and inside to look up to. They are wonderful shining stars

Thank you for listening

Foxface

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry about feeling selfish. Sometimes, we just need to do what we need to do to get through things. It's always worth examining. I firmly believe pain shouldn't go unaddressed. It's an internal conflict. Conflict cannot be avoided, only deferred, and the longer it is deferred, the worse the damage when battle is joined.

I must say I don't have a similar experience, just because I'm not as interested in fiction or film. But I greatly understand the need to just cry sometimes. One day when I was feeling terrible, I went on a run, during which I could think of nothing but stabbing people to death. I screamed and wept near the end of the run, and people probably thought I was crazy. In that moment, I was; just completely taken over by my rage and unexamined pain.

I accept your thanks, and I hope that we can converse more often. I just want for you to feel happy and centered. You've helped me a lot too, and your kindness has given me a sense of awe.

Sisterhood, Adrian