1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to learn how to say no.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by andrew812, Oct 14, 2013.

1. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

I got a date with a chick Friday night. The problem is I am pretty sure I am gay. She asked me out, and I was too chicken to say no. I decided to just go with it to just socialize and possibly make a new friend. Is this the wrong thing to do?

2. Split Arrows

As long as you are up front on the date that you're gay, I don't see an issue with it. Maybe call/text her and play the "I'm not sure if you were just wanting to hang out as friends" card.

3. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

Maybe I can just tell her I am looking just to make friends right now. If I do that I won't have to tell her about my sexuality I guess.

4. Split Arrows

Sorry, I'm so dense right now. I didn't know you weren't out to her...I feel dumb :eusa_doh:

5. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

Lol, you're ok. I should have made that clear on my first post.

6. Personally, I would just tell her in order to avoid any confusion, but given that you're only out to a few people I can understand if you don't want to. However, it's not fun having to friendzone anyone, so my advice would be to tell her if you can bring yourself to. You never know, maybe she'll become a good friend.

7. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

Yeah it probably is just setting up for somebody to get their feelings hurt. The sad thing is I found her on a dating site. I probably should get rid of my account on there, but for some reason I keep it up.

8. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I was in your position I would be honest about the entire situation.

9. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

I don't really want to be honest. I know that sounds bad. Maybe I should just cancel the date, and come up with an excuse not to go.

10. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I understand it is hard to be honest. Well I hope everything works out for you.

11. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

I am going to write her a nice email tonight explaining that I am gay. And tell her I am still interested in being friends. I got to man up and be honest and not hide my sexuality I guess.

12. andrew812

andrew812 Guest

Ok I tried to call off the date, but I can't make myself do it. I am sort of looking forward to it. Maybe it might not be such a bad thing to go. I mean I am not 100% gay and she is cute. I think I will see where it goes.