1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The allure of the unattainable

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shamrockmut93, Oct 14, 2013.

1. A lot of girls suddenly want me after I come out to them, I hopelessly crush on straight guys. Rarely, I even find that other gay men have their eye on me until they find out that I bat for their team. It's official, lack of availability is hot. Can anyone relate?

2. Cerith23

I often have crushes on cartoon characters and actresses (current ones are Korra from Avatar: The Legend of Korra, and Alexandra Daddario). Does that count?

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everyone is unattainable for me. So I guess I do crush on unattainable people (whether their gay or not).

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. I've got no chances at a love life in the near future. So I flirt constantly with girls and guys I'll never have a chance at getting close with. Pathetic, I know.

5. Aw, guys :icon_sad: there has to be someone out there.

6. Tic Code

Definitely, though if my as-far-as-I-can-tell-is-straight crush actually turns out to be gay, I'm sure I'd still want him xD

7. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh, no. If I am 100% positive a guy is 100% straight and there's ZERO chance he'd EVER be with another guy, then really, it just kinda bores me, cause I'm not looking to pine over someone, like that. I used to have the straight fetish, but I don't, anymore (transition broke me of it). Now I'm generally only attracted to a guy that I know either LIKES guys or *might* like guys (the latter can make for a reaaally alluring situation).

Actually, one of my fantasies, for me, is a guy who's straight acting and says he's straight but is really gay/bi...so, it's there's still the forbidden thing and there's that tension factor, but it's still obtainable. I was actually in one of these situations with a guy I crushed on who told everyone he was straight and was very straight acting...and then told me he'd "never had a gay thought" before he met me. We were going to hook up, but unfortunately it never happened, and I still regret that :frowning2:

#7 chercheur, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  8. Hrantou

I feel the same most of the time, but looking at it from a statistics point of view, EVERYONE gets someone they love at some point during their lives. Our world is very connected compared to how it was. Internet, TV, its easy to meet people. Cars, planes. Put 6 billion people into the equation, and you will meet someone eventually. "plenty of fish in the sea" is true.

At least, that's how I see it.

As for the topic, the phrase "people want what they can't have" holds true. Lots of people are like that. I know I am. The trick is, once you get what you want, to hold onto it :wink:

My 2 cents.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

See, for me, the problem's not my looks. People have found me attractive, being transgender won't doom me to a life alone.

It's because I'm too damn awkward and quiet to make so much as an acquaintance. :lol:

10. Hrantou

:lol: See! Now I totally understand that. I am the king of awkward and quiet. Its hard to get a sentence out of me if I don't know you. I am very confident on these forums. In real life? It's a very different story.

The thing is though, not everyone is confident. You'll find that being awkward and quiet is a very mutual trait that most humans share. Especially in dating. No one goes into a date feeling like the king of planet Earth.

Anyway, don't wanna derail the thread. I just wanted to high five you on knowing exactly how you feel. :thumbsup: