1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drink Talking .

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by leer, Oct 14, 2013.

1. leer

I have been going out with mark my BF for nearly 6 months now .Things have been slow between us neither of us wanted to rush things we are both happy with this anyhow a few nights a go we had a night out with some friends we both got quite drunk and we had a really good night .
    Anyway we ended up back at his and he told me he loved me I thought it was the drink talking ''we were both quite drunk'' anyway since then it's not been mentioned .
    It's been on my mind a few times but I dont want to ruin it I do care about him and I do love him allot . what's putting me off opening up is I've got hurt in the past by an ex I totally madly in love with him but it was all one sided I know he didnt love me back & that hurt allot it ended badly and It got a bit nasty after I dumped him I dont want that again . inside am all emotional I really want to tell Mark I love him to But what If it was just the drink talking.
    what if he freaks out ..

2. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been 6 months...I think it's 100% reasonable for you to say something like that. Especially if the two of you are exclusive (not sure if you are or aren't, just assumed). Also, honestly, I would say he probably *does* feel it, but only got the courage to say it because his inhibitions were lowered.

My suggestion would be to bring it up to him and ask if he genuinely felt that, and, depending on his answer, you can then take the opportunity to reciprocate (it seems pretty likely to me he *does* love you).

As for your ex, I'm sorry he hurt you that way (*hug*) buut, you don't want to give him the further power of giving you a jaded heart. That experience sounds painful, but it's even worse if you allow it to dictate your actions or keep you from embracing love when you finally found it, again.

Nobody wants to be the first to say it, which is probably why HE hasn't, sober, yet...but if you're both feeling it you have to let it in and nurture it, otherwise it may fade away.

3. leer

I haven't been with anyone since me & mark got together Dont think mark has either .Might bring it up at the weekend & I want to bring it up when am sober although I may need a little dutch courage to settle my nerves .

4. Envira

You should tell him. You're six months into what sounds like a pretty relaxed and trustworthy relationship. And you said yourself that you knew your ex didn't love you back. Even if it was just the fact that he was drunk, don't you think there had to be some substance behind it? It couldn't have just come out of nowhere... Tell him. :slight_smile:

5. leer

you talk allot of sense for a 13 year old Envira:slight_smile: thank you .

6. leer

mark rang this afternoon asking if am coming to the pub to watch the football so I said ok
    didnt drink much as am working tomorrow anyway football turned out grate England beat Poland 2-0 during the match I told him how I felt that I loved him I was'nt drunk or anything mark say's he wanted to bring it up ages ago bid didnt have the bottle he then told me he loved me loads. I had to go early as I was driving left mark celebrating England's win Didn't think I could feel this happy again:icon_bigg