1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A heartwarming moment

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Oct 15, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I went to another LGBT group meeting and at the end, one girl pulled out a piece of paper and read a poem, a tribute to the girl she met a year ago, and said she instantly knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with her.

Then she got on one knee and asked her to marry her. I'd never seen a live proposal before. Of course, she said yes and everybody gushed.

I honestly think that at this point, it's a foregone conclusion that we'll get married, and I don't think it would be a dramatic, one-knee, ring proposal. I think it'd be more like sitting down together and talking about it.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If there's one thing that should be dramatic and creative, it's the proposal. Give it your best shot!

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would have tried my best to not laugh at loud (I'm very giggly by nature). Sorry I'm not that sentimental/romantic. I wish them all the best.

4. Siarad

I probably seem a terrible cynic (and as someone who's never had a girlfriend, I probably am!) but I hate spontaneous proposals of any kind - I'm sure they're lovely when they work but it would be so awful for both people if the person being proposed to did not want to accept! A fake spontaneous proposal where both parties had discussed beforehand might work, I suppose!

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Should I do it Justin Timberlake's way?

[YOUTUBE]6WmTlHvTSm4[/YoutUBE]

6. Hrantou

Hahah! I feel the same. It's romantic but in reality....well go to youtube and look up one of the MANY (seriously, there is a lot of them) videos of failed public surprise proposals. One or two of them are fake, but the majority are real and it's cringe worthy to even watch.

As for me, no ones gonna wanna marry my lame ass but I do love proposals when they work out. I remember watching my best friend get proposed to at her college graduation. I was so happy for her and it was awesome. :thumbsup:

7. DrkRayne

Aww so cute!!

My wife started giggling when I proposed. I wasnt sure what to say to her reaction at the moment, and since i was kneeling on concrete...i didn't bother to ask.
    Turns out she had spent the entire week trying to figure out what I was up to since I was acting weird. And got excited that she was correct when she guessed I was going to propose.

That and the fact I kept stuttering and repeating every other word as I tried to get out "W-W-wo-would y-y-you M-m-m-marry me?"