1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who's left standing??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lostinthought9, Jun 3, 2008.

1. lostinthought9

Ok, from what I understand, the primaries are over!!! BUT, I'm confused...I'm reading (on different sites) that Obama has all the delegates he needs for the nomination...but it also said that Hillary has not resigned as a nominee....so does anyone know what's going on?? I wanna know some facts!!! I really do hope that this isn't the end for Hillary...

2. LOVEjames

Obama will be the Democratic nominee, and it's a little too recent for Hilary to have said much of anything at this point. Although I'm pretty sure that in his speech tonight, Obama said that he would welcome Hilary as a running mate. :slight_smile:

I love Hilary, but when she didn't actually campaign in a lot of states and only focused on the major ones, she sorta messed up.

3. Nodnarb

Obama is the nominee, Hilary just has to decide when she is going to admit defeat.

It'll be interesting to see who Obama takes for VP...

4. Sam

Sam

Obama got it and I heard that Hilary wants VP

5. lostinthought9

^^^^i heard that she wants VP too, but can they really get along? and can they be friends, espicially after a heated battle that they just went through??

6. Sam

Sam

I know I was thinking the same thing^^^ after all the fighting I couldn't believe she wanted VP and I don't know if he wants her for VP either. It seems like they really hate each other and I don't know if they would be able to tolerate each other.

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obama received the delegates needed to put him over the top to be the presumptive democratic nominee. Hillary did not concede her candidacy and is still in the race for the time being. Obama, much like McCain, doesn't officially become the nominee until the end of August at each party's convention. If Obama really wants to unite the party and attract all voters and win in November, he needs to make Hillary his VP and that seems like it would be a ticket that would be unbeatable. So as of now we'll have to wait and see what happens but Hillary is still in the race and Obama is only the presumptive nominee.

8. Jeimuzu

I'm glad it looks like Obama has won. I really now want him to take Hillary as the VP, because so many people are now saying "Screw Obama, I'm gonna vote for McCain!" just on principle. If Hillary's Obama's VP, all of Hillary's fans will vote him in.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not so sure.

I do think if Hillary got the nod, she would have had to take Obama on. But the people who weighed most against Obama were the rural and urban poor. These are people for whom race is still a primary factor. Putting up Hillary as running mate won't mollify most of them, as "their" candidate would still be in "under" the guy they didn't want. These people may, in fact, be unwinnable no matter who Obama takes. In that case, he doesn't have to bother trying to woo them, and can focus elsewhere on a running mate to shore up his vote count.

Lex