1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your first memory?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mickey1101, Oct 15, 2013.

1. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, okay I was just wondering what are you guys first memories, like the first thing you can ever remember.
    For me I remember I was crawling and I knocked down a curling iron on my hand, I still have the scar...that's all really. Eh I'm so boring. Anyways what's your first memory?

2. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember being reaally little and playing a game with my little brother, and then having him tell me I'd be turning 4 the next day and not believing him, and asking my mom, lol. She was brushing her teeth and was like "Yep, you are!" and I remember I stayed up aaall night and kept asking my dad "Am I 4 yet?" LOOL.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Flashes of my grandparents' house, my parents (mostly my mom), moving house shortly before my sister was born, helping my mother clean the house and bake cookies, laying in bed with her, and blowing a hell of a lot of bubbles.

I don't quite know which memory would really be the first, as my timeline blurs slightly as I go back further. But I had an awesome childhood, so my memories are purely positive. :slight_smile:

4. Ruthven

I remember being in a crib, like seeing the bars around me and that's it. Just like a vagueish still picture.

5. Hiems

When I was 3 or 4, I went on a field trip with my brother to a farm. I sat a horse xD And my mom packed us Spam sandwiches as lunch. Not the most exciting memory out there...

6. palimpsest

Cracking my forehead open at the age of two. I was in a little red wagon, those were apparently popular in the 70's. Anyway, some idiot kid was pulling me up the steep driveway (sloped down into the garage). He pulled me to the top, let go, and I went down and hit the handle of the garage door with my head. My aunt, 15 years old at the time, was babysitting me. I still remember seeing her freaked out face hovering over me. Do have a lapse of time in the memory, shock or blacked out, who knows.

7. Ohhai

I was about 3 or 4, and I had eczema, and I was standing showing my little brother a patch of eczema on my belly :lol:

8. Hexagon

I used to think it was when I was 2, of paris, but I've since discovered another memory was even younger, when I was 1. Its of this large toy that rocked back and forward, and I could sit on it, and it was shaped like a dog, and then my granny's dog was afraid of it.

9. Siarad

I remember walking to school with my Mum because my Dad was using the car to drive to a meeting. Dad had a stroke when I was five and was unable to drive for the next ten years so I must have been about four.

10. Emulator

I remember a number of events, but sadly can't give a time or place to them. Though I know my favourite pastime was looking out the window at the road beyond.

11. Zac

Zac

Screaming and holding onto my mothers leg because I didn't want to go to kinder when I was about 4

12. Fiddledeedee

I remember being breastfed in my room and asking Mum what the white stuff was. :lol: We moved into that house when I was 2.5 and Mum weaned me aged 3, so I know I was in that age range, making it my earliest memory. I also remember a few seconds of my third birthday and several things from my first year at school (though surprisingly not my first day).

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's hard to say; at some point, events from infancy merged, so I'd have to ask my parents for specific details, since they'd remember better.

I remember chasing a dog that belonged to my aunt; I remember owning a giant red wagon; I remember my younger brother only existing in a crib; I remember communicating with my Spanish-speaking grandparents effortlessly... these would have all taken place around the ages of 2-3.

14. DrkRayne

I was about 3 or 4 I don't know which but I remember being underwater and struggling to breathe. Apparently my bouncy floater thingie turned over in the pool.
    I also remember my mom yelling at me once. In the kitchen I was upset about something my sister was able to do and I wasnt. I was in trouble and I was terrified.
    All my early memories arent the best.....

15. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Flashes of a cyan mini-van, for some reason.

Also a memory of my first stuffed toy - a baby sized dalmatian-gentleman (he had a suit and everything, as well as a bow-tie), that I got for my first birthday.

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember sitting on the back porch of our first house with my mom watching it snow. My mom tells me that was when I was 9 months old, and I was born in February, so I do remember something from my birth year.

17. lil boi

Is it weird that I can remember as young as an infant? I remember as just a couple months old my grandma was holding me feeding me rice (I'm Asian btw). She would also feed me chicken but she'd chew it into paste and give it to me and I ate it. Kinda gross when I think about, but I didn't really care back then. And also she'd also break some ice cubes for me with her teeth as well and feed it to me. Idk why though. I also remember I'd eat forever until I fell asleep, well I was pretty much half a year old by then. Ah, I wished I could do that now. :slight_smile:

I also remember my first words too. I was watching a children documentary about animals. And they had these annoying people doing voice overs as if the animals could talk. I don't know why I liked it, the animals mouths didn't even move. But even before then, I as able to understood what people said or did.

It yeah, I like talking animals.

Oh yeah, and it reminds me of another time when I first got close to a wild bird. I was about one and my Grandpa brought a sparrow inside the house. He tied its leg onto a string so it wouldn't fly away and destroy everything. But it tried its best to escape and flew around the room and scared the heck out of me as if it was going to hurt me in the process. That's why I'm afraid of birds now.

I also remember being breast fed as an infant. It was... I don't really know how to put it. But at least I got closer to my Grandma and Mom, and I think even my Aunt. Or at least I remember what they looked like. Probably the reason why I'm gay. And bi. Lol, jk.

And I can't say which memory is what I first remember besides the fact I was older or a certain age at some of them. And sometimes I even wonder if those memories were just part of my imagination. :/

18. Oxelotl

The earliest (I think, a lot of my early memories have kinda melded together)

I was in kindgarten, and it was my 4th birthday in February, and I remember we all sat in a circle, they gave me and someone else (it was hers too) a cape to wear, and a crown, and we got to blow out our own cakes each. Great fun. Then I seem to recall at some stage there was some Cat in the Hat reading later on that day. I think that's my earliest memory.

19. Hrantou

Its hard for me to say. I have early memories but I'm not sure what happened first.

I think my earliest is going on a family trip to Mammoth mountain up here in California. I remember being in the van at night. I remember seeing the rushing river down the hill. It was a full moon. Then getting in the van and peeing in my pants because hey, I'm still a baby in a car seat.

20. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My earliest is when I was two and me and my sisters were having a water balloon fight on a hot summers day. Another earliest memory is when I was two and we were getting a family photo taken.