1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can women wear men's jeans without being labeled??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wildfang, Oct 16, 2013.

1. wildfang

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey all!

It's a kinda awkwardly phrased question, so first off:
    I'm only questioning, or in the closet at most, so please don't be offended if I say I don't want to be mistaken for a lesbian... I have nothing against lesbians, may even be one myself, and dress rather tomboyishly anyway. But yeah. *disclaimer* :slight_smile:

I'm sick of wearing skinny jeans, and recently tried on some men's jeans for the heck of it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    now....If I actually bought them and wore them in public, will I get automatically get judged/called a lesbian?
    I don't like these labels, but I don't want to dress "butch"-ish or whatever. I just really like the look of baggier jeans (but I hate the boyfriend jeans, ugh), slightly drop-crotch (but I don't want to look like a pooped my pants, even more ugh), plus I have short hair.... as I said, I dress kind of tomboyishly anyway, but I don't want to immediately run around looking like a "dyke". I live with my grandma and can't afford for her to have a heart attack >.>

Are there any shops in particular that make baggier jeans as featured above for women? Or are those really men's jeans?

Thanks for reading, I hope it made sense, and I look forward to your opinions :slight_smile:)

2. Waffles

Hrm... Honestly, I don't think you would be accused of anything if you wore men's pants. They're pretty comfy, and if anyone asks you can just say you like how men's jeans feel better. Plently of my female friends wear men's pants without being accused of being a lesbian. So I'd say you'd be fine.

Also. Our jeans have real pockets that actually can hold things. Always a plus.

3. June Cleaver

I would venture to say 99.999% of people won't even notice. So wear men's jeans in good health! These days men's jeans have hips and are more unisex if anything. It has been years since a pair of 501's actually fit right. I wear women's jeans sometimes to show my hips and ass and nobody says a thing. I also have a few pairs of skinnies which I read on here are for young people, not 41 year old middle aged people, but I like the way they fit so tight. Nobody has ever questioned or said anything about it. June

4. Nick07

No, you will be fine and no one will notice. And if you want women's, there are different cuts, aren't there? Like regular or flared, if you don't want skinny.

5. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

I've always worn men's jeans. (years before I realized I dig chicks)

Back in the day it was those 501's June mentioned - borrowed from guys in my dorm, bought my own for awhile, now when I feel like it I wear my sons' jeans.

You mentioned "boyfriend jeans", well you know... they came up with that name for a reason. A woman picks her boyfriend's jeans up off the floor 'the morning after' and wears those home instead of doing the walk of shame in stilettos and a cocktail dress. So why would anyone label you anything if they saw you wearing men's jeans?

But just out of curiosity, so what if they did?

6. Nick07

lol, thank you for explaining that, I was lost when the OP mentioned it :slight_smile:

7. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

If it means anything, I pass just as badly in men's jeans as in women's and men still check me out. :lol: ....:\

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How can you see the difference?

Skinny jeans are not just for women and other cuts are not just for men!

Just wear the cut you like.

9. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

The women's departments sell "The Boyfriend Shirt"s too. (generally boxy button downs) I'd just as soon buy the original, usually a much better cut.

10. batears

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I often wear men's jeans, because I am quite tall for a girl and they just fit better.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girls can look fantastic in men's clothing. Jeans, though, idk. I don't see it often but the straight cut might not be flattering. Although in general I do like slightly baggy pants on females.

12. Hot Pink

I'm one of the few women out there that can't fit into men's jeans. There's not enough room for my butt and hips. Naturally, I used to wear men's jeans all the time, but the wonders of estrogen have granted me with round hips and a big bum.

13. SilentCreatures

Feel free to wear what you want to wear. The only person who dictates what to wear is you. Wear it with pride and confidence. If it makes you feel good then go for it. Have that extra spring in your step knowing that you feel right :slight_smile:

14. Ylee022

Out Status:
    Some people
    Depends on what you wear it with or how you wear it.

15. Data

Data Guest

No. I see women who wear men's clothes and shoes all the time.

My mom wears men's running shoes because her feet are huge (she blames it on her pregnancy with me :grin:) and she wears men's shirts because they're roomy.

AT MOST, when I see a pretty lady who is dressed in men's clothing, I just think that she doesn't feel pretty or realize how pretty she is. I see beauty in average people a lot, and a normal person will often take me by surprise when they say they don't feel pretty or special.

What it comes down to is, you wear what you want and just feel comfortable. People who have trouble with people wearing the wrong clothes are vain and not worth your time! Honestly.

Last thing, it isn't a BAD thing if people think you're a lesbian. :slight_smile: You say yourself that you're questioning, so what's the harm if a stranger thinks you are a lesbian? None that I can see.

16. gamma

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wear the ones you like. You'll never know what people think about you anyway, so you might as well do what makes you feel most comfortable. And skinny jeans are as comfy as a straitjacket so..go with men's.

17. treeofleaves

i always want to try on mens jeans..but i never have....what i do is buy jeans that are a size or two bigger and just wear a belt..they fit fantasticallly!!!1 and there is the very rare occasion you will get that they have jeans like the ones you want...i have one pair that i found at a shop called 'cotton on'

18. wildfang

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Belatedly thanks people... you're right, I'll work on my confidence, and wear what I like :grin: And I bought myself some nice men's jeans, they're awesome :slight_smile:

Also @ the last poster, I looooove Cotton On but they don't have that in Germany. Booo

19. oh my god I

I don't think you would get labeled for that :slight_smile:

20. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most people can't tell the difference. Go ahead.