1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RANT: So sick of homophobes!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DrkRayne, Oct 16, 2013.

1. DrkRayne

So Michigan is probably going to have a ruling on gay marriage today and I am scanning the news articles to keep up to date with whats happening.
    Unfortunately news articles come with ignorant comments. People are just mean! SO FREAKING MEAN!!!
    They don't know the two women in the case. They just make comments and assume and say stupid ignorant stuff.
    I know Jayne and April. They are lovely women. Great mothers. Mother who took 3 children who were abandoned by their heterosexual birth parents and gave them a home. A great home.

I'm sick of people saying "thats the man" to the less feminine woman in the relationship
    I'm sick of people spewing scriptures
    I'm sick of people acting like two people getting married will affect them.

IT WONT!!!!!
    Gosh I'm so sick of the hate.

2. Ticklish Fish

are you sure the commenters aren't from other states?

3. DrkRayne

Oh they may be...it just in general. I dont care what state they are from. How can they care so much about something that will not affect their lives?

4. arcchi

Well, well... Now think how it's hard to grow up in a family with that thoughts and at the same time try to accept yourself as lesbian.
    With the time i just start to ignore it.

Kkk,i just can't stop laughing with this comment (cuz the only real friend that know about my sexuality is a reeealy religous person).

Anyplace you can go will have some of this idiot people that cant see people happy with someone of the same sex. Anyway, they are just envy on us

#4 arcchi, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. AmityRanch

Why does that matter?

6. DrkRayne

I grew up in a family like that. My mother is a Jehovah's Witness. I was put through ex-gay therapy. Trust me...i know.

Its just annoying how horrible people are.

7. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Focus on more positive aspects of your life. I understand your frustration but do not let it dominate your thoughts. Take care now.

8. Miss Loopy

[​IMG]

I just send them straight to this baby.

9. CheesyGoose

The world may be a small place, but it certainly has a large variety of different people in it. One of those varieties includes homophobic people. It is infuriating, yes. It is maddening. I actually want to beat some of them with an axe, but this is just crazy psycho me talking. In any case, they seem like a nuisance to us and we all wish that they would just stop being like that. They're narrow-minded, they are old-fashioned, they're god knows what other bad things. But here's the thing, they're not really going to go anywhere. So the best thing to do is to just be over them and be better than them. Don't fall to their level and start dissing them constantly. We're the members of the LGBT community, we have and will go through shit that many people don't have to go through. We have thick skin, or at least we should have.

And besides, internet commentators, internet homophobes and internet God people probably don't have the balls to do anything in real life anyway, not like many people who fight for gay rights. So yeah, just be over them and actually, laugh at their ignorance :U

This is just my opinion, and it's not the holy truth. Thank you :slight_smile:

10. blueberrymuffin

I tend to avoid the internet altogether, except for forums like this that aren't going to have those comments. It's just a haven for bigots of all sorts. At least if someone says crap like that in public, they risk a beating.

11. 2112

:lol: If only they could see it that way.

12. Siarad

13. Ruthven

14. gamma

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't believe this actually happens to people. So sorry for you.
    I'm lucky to never have encountered such blatant homophobia in real life, but reading internet comments on the subject of gay marriage surely makes me realize how much people hate us. I try to shake it off as I find the religious crowd pretty laughable in general, but when they interfer with our legislation it pissed me off.