1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it easier for girls to find relationships than men?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gibson234, Oct 16, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my experience girls seem to find it easier to find a relationship. I never seem to hear girls saying "Oh I can't find a boyfriend" at worst they seem to only have to aim lower (usually from very high to high if you know what I mean).

Is this true or does it only appear like this from my prespective? And do lesbian find it hard to find a relationship on average or do they also find it easier? And if this is true why is it?

I have noticed that whether we have a thread about being "single" on here it seems to be mostly the gay/bi men who are moaning.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With heterosexual girls, absolutely.

3. tallygirl1128

I guess it really just depends on the girl. For example, the pretty ones are going to find it easier to find someone to date. However, girls who aren't as naturally pretty find it harder. I've never been on a date with either gender and to be honest, I don't believe someone has ever flirted with me or even looked at me. So, it just depends on the girl.

4. ScatteredEarth

Mhm. Vagina = alot of straight men's standards

Superman = every straight woman's standards :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Siarad

Well, I am a single lesbian and I could moan for England about being single! I can't see how anyone with same sex attraction of either gender ever finds a partner!

In fairness, I have a number of straight female friends who struggle to find a boyfriend. One of them said to me "part of it is that I just can't bring myself to pretend to stupid just to make them like me".

6. DrkRayne

Um..as a lesbian I found it hard to find a woman to be in a relationship with. But...that was just me.
    However, I had men hitting on me often and if I had wanted a BF it wouldn't have been hard to get one. I do think heterosexual women have it easier.
    My bff stayed single for 3 years..then decided to date again. She had a bf in a week.

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2013 at 02:14 PM ----------

true. my bf felt she had to dumb herself down because men were intimidated by her. pretty college graduate with her stuff together.

7. arcchi

Nooo..
    Right now i was thinking it was the opposite, it's easier see men going out by here.
    (or is just that women's are more discrete?)

8. Sarcastic Luck

My only boyfriend was an online one. Any attempt I made to talk to guys resulted in me getting ignored, and finally, I gave up. At that point, I accepted that I'm fairly undesirable, and that works fine with my plans of transitioning given that it wouldn't be fair to hook up with a straight guy.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Not in my experience. My luck's been no better no matter what gender I am. :lol: Now, as a guy? More bites. Generally found more attractive but the point can be made that as a woman, I didn't make the same effort or want a relationship as much as I do now. I identified as lesbian, avoided men, and since I rarely met queer women willing to date me...voila.

Not that all attention's great. I've run into my share of transchasers.

Heterosexual girls, of course, I'd imagine. I'm friends with a number of queer women. All who say the opposite- that gay men have an easier time of finding relationships.

10. Ohhai

'Straight' me only ever had 1 boyfriend. Never even got hit on.
    Gay me is very single and probably will be for a while -.-

11. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends. I'm shy and introverted. I have had horrible luck with dating.I dated two guys in high school, but they went nowhere fast. I didn't date any women in high school, because I wasn't out at the time. I dated one guy in college, and it was more of a strong friendship then a relationship. I never went on dates. There was very few guys at the school, so they were usually taken. I had a total crush on a girl, but I never had the courage to ask her out, because I doubted I had a chance. All of the non-straight women in the school were taken. I'm about to turn 23, and I have had to yet have a serious relationship, so I think it's safe to say that it depends on a lot of things. I have traditionally had horrible confidence, and that hindered me from making romantic connections with people. I don't think it's necessarily a gender thing. I know tons of women that are having horrible luck finding relationships. Not to mention, most of my friends have had horrible relationships.

12. Ylee022

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's always hard for those who are shy. If you don't go out much and you don't socialize, people will take a long time to notice you. I'm a really quite person and that makes it hard for me.

13. MoyashiAlice

I think it really depends on the person. The group I hung out with in high school was all straight females and only 2, out of the 16 or so there were, had a boyfriend. Most of them were looking as well, one had even said ever since the start of gr 6 that she wanted a bf and still hasn't gotten one.

Then again, some people, (like my brother), say that the group I hung out with was all the anime geeks and all somehow awkward. -_- Therefore, I suppose the chances of them finding someone may have been harder in high school?

14. I would say that might be true

but heck this is the eleventh anniversary of my partners death and I have not fand a new partner yet, heck I have not even had dates :***:

to be fair for a while I lived pretty far out of town, still. :dry:

15. GreyFox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm agree with most of you.. i think it depends on the person. I was really shy in highschool, and only really started dating after highschool, which is when my confidence started getting better. around that time I also started believing that I needed to love and be happy with myself before I could expect that from anyone else. After that I never really had any issues finding a partner.

But like i said it depends on the person. I work with a girl who's really pretty, outgoing and smart, and she keeps talking about how she's been single for so long.. i just don't get it.

My close friend, same deal, smart, pretty, outgoing- it took her a long time to find a bf.

My first gf was a lesbian, and she never had any trouble finding female partners...

16. kem

kem

I dunno. I guess straight girls who aren't particularly won't have problems finding a mate, and I suppose the same applies to straight guys as well in general. But I'm basing this on my observation, I'm too weird for anyone except the one guy who is equally complex and isn't interested in me anymore.

I feel like everywhere I go there's straight/bi/lesbian women, I never meet any gay men. I think I've met two gay guys this year, one was already in a relationship (and eerily similar to me, like, it was as I'd looked into a mirror) and the other was taken, and annoying.

17. i dont think it matters on gender, as people have sai i think shy people find it harder as they are less likely to approach people they are interested in. well i know its the case for me anyway haha, im working on it though.

18. thekillingmoon

Why would it be easier? Lesbians are few, straight girls are everywhere. Also if you don't live in a big city with lots of places for gay people to go to, it will be difficult to meet someone.

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I even read the OP, this is what I was thinking. A very desirable straight girl doesn't have to do much at all. A very desirable straight guy still has to do some work and will be scrutinized for how much money he has, how good he is at sports, and even thoroughly analyzed to see if he has any metro qualities. The whole OP seemed directed at straights, and not what functioning is like in GLBT circles.

I honestly think some high quality guys move along the sexual continuum, if you know what I mean, because they get tired of this. I have heard this complaint more than once. It's kind of like "gimme the goods" and stop playing head games, or I'm walking.

20. DatChickBassist

Out Status:
    All but family
    As a bisexual I'm supposed to have more options than anyone yet I still haven't had a relationship :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: