1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Stupid Moments (Light-hearted version)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Siarad, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Siarad

For those stupid moments that let you laugh at yourself without being down heartening!

One of mine -

When I was writing an essay for uni I somehow accidentally turned on the accessibility options that reads out what you're typing without realising I'd done it. Suddenly a deep, male, American voice started reading out everything I was typing and, for a moment, I completely panicked and whirled round in my computer chair, thinking that someone had broken into my house and was standing behind my shoulder reading my essay as I typed it!

2. Hexagon

I once forgot about the existence of april fools day.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Half asleep and I poured half the bottle of thousand island dressing over my spaghetti, leaving my salad barren.

4. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was in primary school and I picked up my bag for PE, took it into the changing rooms, got into the PE gear, marvelled at how new and amazing it seemed to be, and how well it fit me, how hi-tech the shorts and the shoes were...

...only to realise that the reason was that the PE kit wasn't mine at all.

Not gonna lie, that wasn't one of my brightest moments.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My damn alarm clock didn't go off for some reason and I slept through my geography class yesterday morning.

6. Siarad

I like that one! :lol:

7. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Another one which isn't exactly *my* stupid moment but it was still pretty damn funny :grin:

Pretty much exactly a year ago I went to an inter-school French debating competition between ours and a neighbouring school. It was the inaugural year, expectations were high, everyone was ready to go. My friend and I walked down with the school language teams as spectators. We were supposed to be spectators for the debates, that is.

Anyway, got to the school, a really nice private school (basically a castle with students in!)... sat down with our school teams and their teams. Then, we find out that each school is supposed to have an A team and a B team. Guess what? Our school didn't have a B, and neither did we have anyone else to be in the B team!

So we were conscripted in to the B team, without any knowledge of the motions, without any preparation, with 30 seconds' notice pretty much, going up against students who were a year above us who looked like they had a weeks' worth of preparation notes... with the debate all in French. We were improvising and winging it to say the least :grin: but needless to say we got comprehensively shredded most of the time.

Anyway, yesterday we went to the same debating competition (me and the same friend) with preparation this time, and won all three of our debates, so at least we've now redeemed ourselves :slight_smile:

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Also, another. This is a bit TMI so apologies. Anyway, as a transguy, I've been wanting to invest in an STP device. Being broke, I decided to make one myself. Out of a yogurt lid.

I live on a wooded property. So perfect chance to test it, right? Problem was, got the angle of the device wrong, fly jerked up at exactly the wrong time.

That night was the one night I'd never been more thankful for dark jeans.

9. Hrantou

My stupid moment(s)

During my time in school, every time we have to email our homework I always somehow forget to attach the work. So my teachers always get a email saying "Here's the work" and it has nothing attached :roflmao:

I always do it without thinking, and my teachers never believe me when I tell them I forgot. It's a bad habit I can never shake off.

10. Moodlighter

Moodlighter Guest

That's v hilarious!!!!

Times I've gone to make myself a cup of tea and forgotten to boil the kettle. Poured it. Stirred it. Then been slightly confused as to why there's no steam.

Or put my headphones on to listen to music and forgotten to actually play the music. So I'm sitting there for ages with Headphones on in silence.

11. Tex

Tex

Currently North Dakota; Michigan at heart.
    I do this at work, I'll send the inventory to the owner of the store and he's like, "Thanks but can I get the attachment?" It's just like, ugh damnit.

Apparently when I said this people thought it was hilarious, I still think I made sense:dry: We had some construction going on, and I don't remember exactly what I was sure about but...this is how it went down

Guy: So you were wrong! They did it that way.
    Me: No, I knew they were going to do it, but I just wasn't sure.
    Guy and girl starts laughing: Wait, wait, wait, you knew? But you weren't sure? So you didn't know.
    Me: No, no, no. I knew they were going to do it that way, but Edward said they weren't, so I wasn't sure anymore. Like *I* knew they were doing it, but I wasn't sure since he said something else.
    Girl: That makes zero sense! You didn't know then
    Guy: So you knew, you just weren't sure.
    Me: I hate you both.

I was just trying to so I knew, but since someone else told me otherwise I wasn't sure, but I thought they were going to do it the way the did. Yeah...

The multiple amount of times where go back into the kitchen at work to grab the broom, or check inventory and I completely forget what the hell I was doing. I walk back there, and freeze because I can't remember where the eff I'm going. The kitchen guys, especially my best friend looks at me like I've lost it cause I stand there for a second utterly confused, and just laugh at me -_-

tl;dr I'm a blonde through and through. I'm smart as hell but a big idiot too :icon_bigg

12. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny one at work a couple month back. Company name is 'OK ****'.

Im standing on the line working. I have a song stuck in my head and I'm bobbing my head and dancing around a bit. The boss from another line that I talk to at break comes over.
    boss) Are you ok?
    me) Yea, I'm fine *resumes work*
    boss) Are you ok?
    me) yea dude I'm fine *resumes work*
    boss) do you work here?
    me) *gives dumb look* No I was bored and decided to see what you did in here *resumes work*
    boss) Are you ok? Do you work here?
    me) *stops working and gives him blank look*
    boss) Do you work for the company or through 'temp service'
    me) Why didn't you say that? I'm still through 'temp service'

Turns out he was looking for volunteers to work saturday but wasn't allowed to bring in temps.

I laughed to myself over this the rest of the night :grin:

---------- Post added 17th Oct 2013 at 06:08 AM ----------

Funny one at work a couple month back. Company name is 'OK ****'.

Im standing on the line working. I have a song stuck in my head and I'm bobbing my head and dancing around a bit. The boss from another line that I talk to at break comes over.
    boss) Are you ok?
    me) Yea, I'm fine *resumes work*
    boss) Are you ok?
    me) yea dude I'm fine *resumes work*
    boss) do you work here?
    me) *gives dumb look* No I was bored and decided to see what you did in here *resumes work*
    boss) Are you ok? Do you work here?
    me) *stops working and gives him blank look*
    boss) Do you work for the company or through 'temp service'
    me) Why didn't you say that? I'm still through 'temp service'

Turns out he was looking for volunteers to work saturday but wasn't allowed to bring in temps.

I laughed to myself over this the rest of the night :grin: