1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams Do Come True

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JakeHas, Oct 16, 2013.

1. JakeHas

The day starts with a boy, we'll name him..... Paul. Now, Paul is no normal boy, no he will always live his life like it's a million dollars! Sadly, Paul only knew how to make other people happy. He had a gift, he had that personality, never told a lie, always knew what to say, could help people if they needed. He just could never make himself happy... He held a strong secret, a secret he needed to tell, he needed to vent so he can be happy.
    Days passed, weeks passed, until Paul discovered a Cafe down the street, just built, brand new! He would go down there daily! Meet new people, he could be open with them and talk to them as friends, as a little "community" of theirs! He and his new friends met daily at that cafe, he had tons of fun, but he still had a burden being held within himself screaming to get out, he ignored it.
    One day, someone new walked in. He looked to be about 2 years older than he was. Paul and his group of friends invited the new boy over. He gladly sat down with us all. He became one of us. As time passed we all got to know each other, his name was Mike. He was 2 years older than Paul, and he had a strikingly similar story as Paul had. He wanted to have fun, wanted to be happy with people that were actually fun!
    Now, people joined and left the group every once in a while, it was normal, but there was something about Mike that Paul had noticed. He didn't know what, couldn't put his finger on it, but he knew that they would end up being friends for a long time. Mike began talking to Paul just randomly, which was very cool because Paul had been wanting to talk. Mike had explained more about himself. He just moved into town, and knew nobody here. Luckily he met us all.
    Every day at the cafe from that day on, Mike and Paul became best friends. They would always talk and enjoy each other's company. There was a spark between them. One day Something struck apon Paul, maybe he could talk to Mike about his big secret that's been bugging him for a long time. So he did. Paul sat down and asked Mike if they could talk after the group all left, he agreed.
    After the last friend left, Mike and Paul walked outside and started down the sidewalk. Paul asked Mike if he can trust him. Mike of course agreed, after all they're best friends now. So Paul said it... He explained everything to Mike. Once he was done telling, he felt good... Like a huge weight was lifted.
    They stopped and sat at a curb next to some construction and traffic cones. Mike sat quiet for a moment, and said that he had the same secret. This made Paul practically jump with joy in his heart. They were both happy now. Every day after the group met in the cafe, Mike and Paul would go to the same curb, by the same traffic cones, and just talk away. It was amazing that they both now had someone to talk to, with no worries in the entire world!!!
    It was Spring break, Mike and Paul just got out of school. Mike pulled Paul aside and asked if we can just go straight to that same curb to talk a bit. Mike agreed. So they walked over there, set their bookbags down, and sat down on the pavement. "Hey Paul? Can I ask you something?" Asked Mike,
    "Of course!" Replied Paul.
    Mike just kinda sat there, staring at his hands. He wanted to say something, but just couldn't get it out... A few moments passed, then Mike got an idea. He reached over and unzipped his bookbag and retrieved a black sharpie. He looked around for paper, didn't see anything, so he grabbed one of the smaller traffic cones.
    "What are you doing?? We can't take that, it's... Like stealing!" Paul had said to Mike.
    "Don't worry, I wont keep it." Replied Mike.
    Mike started writing something on the white parts of the traffic cone. Paul was very confused at this point. Was it something that crazy? That he couldn't just say it with his words?
    Mike put the cap back on and sat there for a moment. He then had a weird look on his face and must have decided against on whatever he wrote, he grabbed the sleeve of his hoodie and seemed to wipe off whatever he wrote.
    "I'm sorry Paul, I have to go. Can we talk about this later?" Asked Mike.
    "Of course, are you alright?" Replied Paul.
    "Yeah... I'm fine."
    Mike then set the cone back on to the ground, got up and walked back up the street. Paul didn't know what to think. As he was preparing to leave, he stopped. He looked at the cone.
    He went over to the cone and picked it up. There was writing, it was never erased. The message read,
    "I really like you..."
    Paul almost fell back by his suprise! He almost cried. He had been thinking the same thing about Mike! He then took out a black marker from his pocket and wrote a response under it.
    "I really like you too.."
    Paul set the traffic cone back on the ground and walked back home. The next day Mike was not at the cafe with the group. Paul left early and walked to the curb, it was so routine, he didn't even realize himself do it. Mike was sitting there, staring at the cone. Paul sat down next to him. Not a word was said, instead they talked with the cone. They wrote down what they wanted to say to each other. They talked about how they've both had feelings for each other and had been too nervous to say anything about it.
    They sat there, longer then they ever had! Just sharing messages with the small orange and white traffic cone. Finally, the question popped up.
    Paul had said out loud, "Wait... Mike. Are we uh... Together now?"
    "Um, I mean... Do you want to be?" Replied Mike.
    "Yes." Paul simply said.
    This put the biggest smile on both of their faces. They hugged, for a long time, just holding each other in their arms, tears dripping down their faces, down their cheeks, to finally drip off of their chins. They got up, it had gotten late and they both determined they should go home.
    "I'm bringing the cone with me." Said Mike.
    "They wouldn't want it back in this condition anyway."
    They both laughed and agreed and both parted ways home.
    There lays Paul in his bed. Staring at the ceiling and going over everything that happened today, a smile on his face the whole time. Then there was a small light to his side, it was his phone. He unlocked the screen to reveal the late night time of 11:30pm and the date, April 14th 2013. He also saw a notification, Mike had texted him.
    "Good night, Paul! Thank you. Thank you for everything!" Read the message.
    "Good night, Mike! You don't know how happy I am right now. I'll talk to you first thing in the morning!"
    Paul sent as a reply.
    Then he slept. The best sleep he has had in a very, very long time. Paul was finally happy. His life seemed like a dream. He finally didn't have to walk around with a burden, he could be himself!
    Mike and Paul talk daily, got to know each other more everyday. They were the perfect couple, the kind only existing in movies. Their relationship lived on. Nothing would end it, no matter what.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a very beautiful story Jake, straight from the heart!

Well done!

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Little hard to read without spaces between the paragraphs, but I thought it was cute. :slight_smile:

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gosh that was so great! I really liked it :grin:

5. Hrantou

Very nice! I like stories with happy endings :slight_smile:

6. DDT

DDT

Awww I want that :slight_smile:

7. Hexagon

That is truly beautiful.

(paragraphs)

8. JakeHas

Yeah sorry about the formatting guys, I typed this all out on my phone's notepad last night at like 11:30. I would fix it but I can't edit it now xD
    Glad you all like it!!

9. Data

Data Guest

That was excellent! :3 All I can do is wish on a shooting star that something like this could happen to me.

Hey, if you like writing and the words flow from your heart, why not write stories for publishing? When I was in HS, I wrote short stories and essays on many different topics and my English teachers helped me submit them to different competitions. I won a few of the contests snd was published in a book of essays and a book of poetry.

It's rewarding to know your writing gave someone pleasure. :grin:

10. JakeHas

I actually wrote this from the heart. It was the way me and my long distance boyfriend met. It had many of the same concepts! Glad you guys love it?

11. palimpsest

Thank you, good way to reframe my day.

12. swifter

swifter Guest

;-; you little bastard made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :3 it is a really marvelous story!