1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humor: The Healthy Eating Stereotype of LGBT people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DrkRayne, Oct 18, 2013.

1. DrkRayne

Gay And Lesbian Dinner Party Menus, According To Simon Doonan

So i read this article about how gays and lesbian are all organic and healthy and what we serve at dinner parties. We don't eat processed foods and were all about the veggies.

Uh...not this lesbian. I'd kill for a burger right now with extra cheese and bacon. Side of fries and a milkshake.

That being said, my partner is one of these stereotypes. She does the majority of the cooking and I find myself eating vegetarian or vegan multiple times a week. Also our grocery bill is higher than it used to be when I did the shopping.

Today for lunch I did get chicken. It is baked, with no hormones or additives organic chicken..but I did get chicken.

Last night she told me she had a surprise for me: It was four mini chicken nuggets from the hot food section at the grocery store. yes processed, breaded chicken pieces. I was more excited than a nerd at California comic-con. Not organic, Not baked, not healthy YUM!!!!! I dipped those bad boys in some buttermilk ranch and watched her face contort as she told me how gross I was.

So yeah, I'm not one of those healthy lesbians...I'm being turned into one to be by my healthy, tofu/kale/granola eating, yoga practicing wife, since she cooks and I don't. I'm not going to complain to her about it since I prefer to just do dishes and eat.
    BTW: I did boycott the soy milk I found in the fridge one day. I immediately ran out and bough some skim milk. She already took away my 2%. I wasnt giving up on my skim milk.

I'm sure my arteries are so clean my doctor wouldn't believe....

yeah...so tell me are you a stereotypical gay/lesbian organic food eater?

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gay and I practically eat comfort food (carb-heavy, filling, meats, cheese, starches, etc.) at every meal....

The article was funny though. And now I'm hungry... xD

But as a greedy, food-obsessed, individual; I welcome any and all foods. Gay, straight, or organic. :thumbsup:

3. Hexagon

I'm vegetarian, with vegan inclinations. Healthier than many, perhaps, but I still eat crap from to time to time.

4. lukeluvznicki13

well I didn't know people have even come up with a menu that LGBTs tend to stick to o.o
    LOL

5. My partner is a vegetarian but was eating vegan when we started dating. So during that time, we ate a lot of weird-but-healthy stuff. Nowadays though, we do eat things like pizza or chips, but now that I know I can make really fresh, healthy, vegan food that I actually like, I think it's a good sign.

Funny article though!

6. Aquilo

According to that article I'm fully hetero.. I love mexican food, deep fried snacks and I'd never ever remove sour cream from a recipe or make a Caesar salad without the anchovies : )

I do eat reasonably healthy though..

7. Im Just Me

hahaha, this is hilarious. My friends always tell me I need to eat better, because I ONLY eat processed food and junky snack food, unless I'm at a friend's house for dinner or out on some kind of special occasion.
    Not to mention I can't stand vegetables.

Too funny

8. sammy1

For breakfast I usually will eat whatever leftovers there are in the fridge or cereal and for lunch I will usually have a ham sandwich or if I'm at work I'll buy somthing like healthy steamers that u just throw in the microwave to heat up and for dinner since I still am living with my parents my mom cooks dinner which is 99% of the time somthing healthy and balanced. She makes a killer minestrone soup with veggies(including kale :wink: ) and white beans...sooo yummy and it's probly the most healthy thing a person can eat. But we don't eat 'organic' food...I just believe in reading the ingredients labels and picking brands with less sodium and no preservatives or chemicals etc but don't get me wrong I lovvvve fast food very very very occasionally and I love chocolate and making cookies often! Whew that was a long post, sorry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. jargon

Am I the only one who really hated the tone of this article? "when was the last time you saw your gay best friend eat a carb without crying and shaming himself for three hours afterward?" That line in particular made me grit my teeth. I know its supposed to be cute and joking and all, but that came across to me as stereotyping of a really unhelpful kind.

Maybe I'm just in a crabby mood today or something...

10. Harve

I'm definitely not classy enough to eat stuff like that.

You're in a crabby mood today or something. It's tongue-in-cheek!

11. Lewis

Some of it slightly rings true to myself. I do feel shame after eating carbs. But I also continue to do so!

Eventually I would like eat much healthier, more raw/clean foods, but right now I just can't afford to. It's so much easier to spend a couple of pounds on a burger than it is to spend a ton of money on organic vegetables and lean meats.

All-in-all I find the article quite amusing. Stereotypes always come from snippets of the truth.

12. Northern

I just eat what there is to eat, but normally I go for the healthier option, but that's just cause I normally like healthier food better.

13. Sarcastic Luck

Christ. Almost everything on the menu just sounds gross. About this only things I could stand are:
    Shell-less spinach quiche with a side of baby greens (greens would be ignored)
    Cesar salad sans anchovies (pretty much everyone likes salad)
    Baked apple pie (duh)
    Baked chicken with wild grain rice (it's the only thing on there that sounds normal)
    Grass-fed beef thinly sliced with a side of organic veggies

Blech.

14. Ticklish Fish

90% of the food in the menu are lost on me haha

as for processed food, i do try to avoid fast food and chips and those packaged carbs, but some can foods are good

15. Miss Loopy

I'm reading this with a 14 piece bargain bucket from KFC to myself.

You might think this is bad, but I have to have a lot of calories for the exercise..

16. Ohhai

Oh god, I eat so much crap. Need to eat healthier, but at uni, cake is £1, small cup of strawberries - £3.45 -.-

17. femme29

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    people stereo type everything lol

18. sammy1

I just read up to the part that says 'gay chips r baked and straight chips are deep fried' bahahahaha! :roflmao: I hope this guy is kidding because that is the biggest load of shit! That whole article is a joke..to me it's not even based on stereotypes, because, well, I don't know any gay people but I really doubt that a gay guy would cry after eating a carb filled meal lmao and come on... This guy apparently wrote a book called 'gay people don't get fat' and u know from just that this article is ridiculous!

19. Hrantou

There was nothing at the menu that seemed particularly appetizing to me. I mean I try to eat healthy, but I grew up in a mexican family and we know how to EAT hahaha. I didn't see any tortillas on that list!

20. 461 467

This is the dumbest nonsense I've ever seen. And I'm not sure what the point is, other than to try to establish a stereotype.

The gay men's entree not a real meal. I need more than salad and quiche. The lesbian entree, on the other hand, sounds great.