1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who do you see yourself with when you're older?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lil boi, Oct 18, 2013.

1. lil boi

Imagine the next 10-20 years from now. Who will you be with?

For gays/lesbian, do you see yourself with someone of the same sex or alone or what?

For bi/pan do you see yourself with someone of the same sex or different sex or sometimes one or the other?

For aromantic (those who aren't interested in long-term relationships or relationship at all), do you even see yourself with another person?

I'm just curious to see what goes on in other people's head. :wink:

2. Techno Kid

Since I'm also homoromantic I see myself with a male identified person (trans or cis) or a genderqueer person. ^_^

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I have no idea. For me, it can go either way. But I'll admit, lot of my female crushes involve me imagining them as my Mrs. :grin:

Lately, also really like the idea of being a father. Odd because for years, I hated the idea of being a parent but then again, I would've had to be a mother. So I see myself having at least one kid (probably adopted). Would like to have a son, somehow the idea of getting to have the father/son relationship I never got to experience appeals to me.

4. thesharkamander

I feel like I'm probably going to end up with a girl, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

5. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

I'd like to be in Scotland living my real dream, but I'm hoping at least I'll be in San Francisco with a great group of friends, a place to live and a wonderful guy that loves me.

6. Aarin

Out Status:
    Some people
    I see myself with a man, since they're my gender preference, but you never know.

7. Ridiculous

I will be with my laptop.

8. Bolin

Alone. Because who would want to spend their life with an emotionally fucked up, ugly blob like this?

#8 Bolin, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  9. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll have myself, my books, and my cats. Probably do a lot of pacing and mumbling and thinking too deeply.

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see myself with a guy. Or alone. Or (ideally) with my cat and a considerable collection of cheese.

Whether or not I do end up with someone or not, I'm not too worried. I'm content being alone. Either one would be great. :slight_smile:

But the cheese and my cat would be perfect. :thumbsup:

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't see myself growing old with anyone else but my partner at this point.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see myself with someone. Probably not married yet, but in a serious relationship in 10 years.

13. Suffocation

10 years from now I will be 24. I don't really know, I feel like I am going to be the type of person that will like date 2 people and then find my soulmate.

Or the complete opposite, and like date everyone in this entire universe (with a penis of course! ;P) and never find my soulmate.

Everything is extreme to me, i dont know.

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hopefully I will be a professor with my own lab and students. I would like to be in a stable relationship with a guy who can handle my quirks and often extreme introversion. Maybe he would also be a professor, which would be perfect! I wouldn't mind having an (adopted) child, but I know that being a scientist means a lot of time spent away from home, which would be hard on any kid.

15. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I want children. That's for sure, but I don't really want to get married. I'd be open to adopting a child, though my preference is for them to be my own.

Since I prefer women and want kids, I'd probably go with a bio-female. She can be cis, trans or genderqueer. Doesn't matter to me as long as she's/they are vegan, want children, and are of a similar political orientation. Again, I would be ok with adopting if I fell for a bio-male, but it seems less likely that that would happen.

It's weird, I'm really socially awkward and don't like children, yet the thought of being a parent is so alluring to me now. I used to date solely to indulge in emotional cravings but now I want to settle down with someone and have children.

16. Data

Data Guest

So call it an even 30-40 years old. I'll probably be married to a guy. Someone who I love deeply. Someone who loves me just as much. As of now I don't feel equipped to handle a child. I don't foresee a child in my life, but everyone tells me I'd be a great dad. :slight_smile:

17. Hexagon

I don't know who I'll be with. I think if I had a gender-specific image, it would be indicative of a gender preference, which I don't have. Maybe I'll be alone. I guess we'll see. As for what I'm going to do with my life, I have no idea about that either. I want to change the world and help people.

18. Foxface

Probably my partner who I've been married to for the last 11 years

Foxface

19. CheesyGoose

I hope I will be with a man that I love deeply. However, by that time, I'm hopefully a surgeon already and can also focus on climbing the career ladder. Perhaps I'll be alone, perhaps not. However, I would like to be surrounded by close friends even if I'm alone.

20. Siarad

I would like to think that I might be in a relationship with a woman but given I'm 28 and have never had relationship with a woman I don't know how realistic that is. I do want children and ten years away might already be on the late side for me to have any biologically. The truth is I'd probably like a wife and kids! I definitely don't want to end up alone, I'm already going peculiar and talking to myself when in public because I do it so often when I'm home alone!