1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought my first "women's" clothing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by penguin machine, Oct 19, 2013.

1. penguin machine

I was in Walmart with some friends, wandering through some aisles with a buddy's girlfriend, when I spotted a women's throwover that I liked. It's gray and black, made of wool, and seemed immediately like something I could pull off. So I tried it on, and liked it, and immediately became aroused. There was something thrilling about taking that tiny step over the so-called gender lines. So I bought the throwover and I really can't wait to start wearing it regularly.

A memory of something Eddie Izzard (famous transvestite comedian) once said came to mind as I was enjoying the small thrill of what I was doing. He was being interviewed, and the topic of "women's" clothing came up, and he corrected the interviewer, saying "They're not women's clothes. They're my clothes. I bought them." The thought stuck with me, and I went home, clutching a piece of beautiful fabric that would have scared the hell out of me at many other times in my life.

Have any of you ever experienced a thrill in buying clothes traditionally associated with the opposite gender?

2. Cerith23

I love skater shoes - the big, black chunky Etnies normally associated with guys - they always give me a thrill to buy and wear. One of my best friends constantly tells me to change them and wear more 'feminine' shoes, but I am adamant that these are not coming off my feet, even if they are a little big, except when I wear boots with my skirts. On my 'I can't be f*****' days, when I just sling on a hoodie and jeans rather than a floral top and long skirt, I love to wear them. The whole outfit gives me a whole different vibe (I'm normally pretty femme), and that great buzz of crossing gender lines even if only a little excites me too.

3. Nick07

haha, I have a whole thread here about clothes.

Congrats! Enjoy the new gem in your wardrobe :slight_smile:

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure if it counts in my case, since I've never viewed myself as strictly male or female, but definitely, buying and even trying on my first pair of panties, for example, was *freedom* like no other. For years, it was nothing but guy clothing; quite stifling, honestly, since there's less variety and some things just aren't ready to be marketed as unisex (there's a certain charm in something being catered solely to one gender or another, I'll admit) and wasn't allowed to emulate a certain style or image.

5. Ylee022

Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember when I first bought men's clothing. My cousins were all buying it so I didn't feel so alone buying it. After that I started buying more and more. My mom is still against it but I don't care. I feel good in it and its all that matters.

6. Aarin

Out Status:
    Some people
    I like women's jeans. They're just so comfy.

7. blond

I just got a women's hoodie last month. But that's really kinda unisex it feels nice though.

8. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

i find alot of womens clothing is comfortable, mind you for me its more of a freedom feeling for myself. i wear what i want and dont really care what others think. i'm still me is good enough

9. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me it's quite the opposite actually. I always rather wore men's clothes and for so many years had nothing in my wardrobe what would have buttons on the left side, really. But since I realized I'm lesbian this year, I don't know why but I've been slightly changing and feel like to be a little more girly. So yeah, I experienced a thrill when I bought my first women's shirt after so many years :icon_wink, and every time I go to the women's department I feel some kind of excitement.

10. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

true womens clothing does have buttons on the left, what is interesting though is that some jeans have buttons on the right!, but shirts and tops no

11. penguin machine

I worry about picking up more women's stuff, I'm sure most of what I saw in that section at walmart had lots of room in the chest, I'd have to get stuff that actually worked with a male form. But now, I'm at least eager to try it on :slight_smile:

12. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember buying my first clothes. I first confessed to my sister that I was Bigender. I knew it was safe to entrust her with the secret because she's very liberal.

Before telling her, I was feeling suicidal, and dysphoric so opening up to her, getting her assistance and guidance gave me a new lease on life. I remember getting fashion tips for presenting, and she taught me how to put on make-up, she shared lipstick and shoes with me. It was invaluable support in the beginning.

We went shopping at the mall. I got some dresses from Forever 21, but I didn't present as a woman outside for a while after that cause I was still learning how to do it properly. My mother didn't know yet, but the funny thing is that when I was in my room I'd lock the door and become female. They just attributed my isolation to depression but they were so wrong. I even bought a new door knob that needed a key just to ensure nobody ould catch me.

Mostly I'd limit my transformation to the night when I'd go out for walks - Those were mainly confidence builders till I dared do it in public. In the beginning it was thrilling, liberating, and comforting but now it's just as normal as getting up to brush my teeth in the morning.