1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drag king?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alex94, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I wasn't sure where to put this category wise but I was just looking for some opinions on whether or not I would look really stupid as a drag king or look good. I know a lot of people have never heard of drag kings but this being an LGBTQ site I figured y'all might. I am looking into doing a few local shows but I am nervous and still contemplating the idea. Please look at the album of pics I have up and let me know what you think? Please and thank ya.
    ~ Much love <3
    - Ace

2. Aarin

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you would look good as a punk/alternative drag king

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Just a pet peeve of mine, but the term "drag king" doesn't really make much sense, since the word "drag" is a shortened form of "dressed as a girl"....

"Drab king" makes more sense, since "drab" is a shortened form of "dressed as a boy".

With that said, I don't see a reason why any girl could not be a good drab king. It just takes more work to get a good look depending on what you naturally look like. (The same goes for drag queens, any guy could be a good drag queen, it's just that if you are really tall and have a more masculine muscular look it's going to take a lot more work to get yourself looking all girly and pretty.)

Looking at your album pics, all I see are faceless pics of skinny jeans, probably a good idea to lose the skinny jeans if you want to do drab. (Even though a lot of guys wear skinny jeans, it's still kinda a feminine look). There are no face pictures in your album, but again, I don't see a reason why any girl couldn't do drab. Give it a try, see how you look. If you don't like one look, make some adjustments until you get a look that you like. Eventually you will find yourself looking at a really cool drab king. :thumbsup:

4. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    You're right - I had not heard of drag kings before, but did look them up. Some of them look handsome, and many of them look better than cismen. I'm surprised they were able to pull it off so well because I always thought it was harder for a bio-female to appear as a man than a bio-male to be a woman. I don't think you would look stupid at all, and I think you should go ahead and do it.

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Oh lol, I forgot to make the other album public. o.o
    - It is public now.

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well I guess the problem is that most women naturally have smoother skin than most men, it's easier to use makeup to make a man's skin look smoother than it is to make a woman's skin look rougher.

Ah thanks, but yeah seeing your pics I definitely think you would make an awesome drab king. :grin:

7. Siarad

I think you'd make a good drag king. What kind of music are you into?

8. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I am really into punk, metal and some rap. I already know if I do any shows I will be lip syncing cause this kid can't sing lol. ;3 Ps. thank you all for the positive feedback. ^-^

9. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dressed as a Guy would also work, and now everything makes sense. :grin:

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Zut alors. I believe you, my friend, make an attractive guy. Go for it.

11. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Thanks everyone. ^-^

12. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

LOL but then it wouldn't have made any sense when drag queens first started using the term, since they're dressed as a girl, not as a guy. :lol:

13. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ohh, do it! That would be probably be fun! I saw a couple cool drag kings at Pride, last month :grin: they looked like they had a lot of fun. Just make sure you bind, cause there was one that didn't, and it just kinda took away from his act, a bit. Ohh, but there was anoother one, who I saw around the festival, and I thought he was a gay boy and I was like "Ohh, damn, he's kinda hot" and then they announced him as a drag king and I was shoocked, he looked totally cismale.

I've actually considered doing drag, before, but ehh, I dunno...

#13 chercheur, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  14. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Hehehe no need to bind, I have no chest. ;p Literally. xP

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Lol well even have guys have chests, if you have no chest literally, then you are saying your body is just a head attached directly to legs and arms? :grin:

16. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Judging by the picture, I think you would be an eyeful, Ace.

17. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

An eyeful? ^-^ xP

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

In some of your pics, you actually look like you could pass for a man if you wanted to, if you don't mind my saying so. You should just try applying a fake mustache to your face to see how it looks, maybe post a pic on here?

19. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep. Of course that might seem a bias statement as a fellow gender switcher, but it isn't. You look handsome in those pictures, so with more effort I'm sure you could become a Drab King and a beloved one if you wanted.

I gotta say you've gotten me more interested in this sort of think. I want to see if there are any clubs that have drab kings around here now.

20. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I don't mind at all lol, I like that idea. If I get the chance I will do that sometime and post it here let y'all know. :slight_smile: Thanks for all the support y'all.

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2013 at 08:03 PM ----------

Shit I say y'all a lot. -.-

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2013 at 08:04 PM ----------

Lol we don't have any clubs to the best of my knowledge but we have a quite a few of local shows that people put together to raise money for charity or just for fun.