1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by volvo6x, Oct 20, 2013.

1. volvo6x

So I was telling a coworker that I'm gay and then she was like all suspicious "How do you know you are gay? You don't like guys doesn't mean that you're gay...Do you have a girlfriend right now"
    I was amazed how controlled I was to involve in that conversation

I mean are people out there really believe you when you said you're gay or they would come around sneak into your life (by asking "testing" questions)? They are supposed to be supportive, my gosh!

2. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, I don't let people bother me. You should have just said "No, I don't like guys, I like women, you know, what me and you both are." winked at her and walked off.

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well not everyone is going to react positively to it. Don't let it bother you. Take care.

4. Lipstick Leuger

People don't get it when you tell them you are gay, and you don't fit any sort of 'gay' stereotype. Try this: ask people like that "are you sure you are straight?" and when they get upset, tell them "that is exactly how I feel when you question if I am gay. I am also sure". They will usually get the point about then. If not, fire the same questions at them that they do you.

5. 2112

Then what does it mean?

6. kawai

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't let people pester me anymore over that, infact one of my best friends did the exact same thing and she is homophobic, but she I'd accepting me for who I am. I don't agree with some peoples views but I respect them no matter what :slight_smile:

7. Aarin

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think straight people are just curious when they do that, so just be patient with them.

8. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh I absolutely hate that. The one I can't stand the most is oh its just a phase or you haven't reach that point where you like guys yet. Um hello I'm never going to reach that point hence me being gay! People lack common sense sometimes best thing you can do is to not let it get to you.

9. Prairie breeze

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah sometimes you will receive reactions like that. From experience, I've noticed if you are a genuine person with a good heart, people will know you through that as opposed to just "so and so the gay guy". It's important to demonstrate characteristics that exceed our expected identities. In other words, your sexuality isn't the only thing that makes you, you. That's what you should demonstrate to your coworker. And if she's still ignorant, the hell with her.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ask her how she knows she's straight...

11. DrkRayne

I got that response from my oldest sister when I first started dating my then gf (now wife/partner). They are just....ignorant of things. I tend to think they mean know harm and are just stupid and responding that way because we live in a heteronormative world.

12. Hexagon

Tell her to go fuck herself with a cactus.

13. Ruthven

Another one I hate is the you need to be in a relationship/have sex to know what you like. My mum said that to me, and it's really confusing cause she doesn't see me as a guy so why would she be objecting to me liking guys?

This.