1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The lies the lies the lies!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Alexander69

When do people stop lying? My parents said that this coming week they would be home TOGETHER at the SAME TIME! Because of their anniversary and my mom texted me from Miami sayings he won't be home for her OWN anniversary because she's having fun with the girls. Then to make it all better me dad emailed me yes EMAILED me saying he has to be in Toronto for a few weeks for business. I know this shouldn't bother me because it isn't my anniversary but COME ON I thought that it would mean more to them but it obviously doesn't.......

Am I right to be upset not just over that they wot be together but that they lied to me AGAIN I get shit comes up but it's been most of my life.

2. Ohhai

Maybe they didn't plan to lie to you? They may have meant to be home together, then got caught up? And maybe when you've been together a long time, anniversarys don't mean so much?
    (*hug*)

3. Data

Data Guest

Your mom didn't exactly lie, but she did kinda fold on what she told you.

I have friends who are brutally honest.
    I have friends who tell white lies.
    I have A SINGLE friend who tells LIE AFTER LIE but I keep him around because he's a good guy. I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

I personally don't like lying. I don't even like lying in Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. It's just my personality. I will lie only if it's the lesser of the evils I can commit. Usually the truth is painful and I want to spare the person from the pain. In this case, if your mom knew it would make you sad that she'd be awat, maybe she waited till she was away so there would be nothing to be done or said about it.

4. Sully

I hate lying. I'm definitely the brutally honest kind. However I kind of look at like this, (I don't mean to sound harsh), but you're 18, you're getting to an age in which you live your own life, and you shouldn't really be worried about your parents doing their own things.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In defense of your father, business things tend to be short-notice or last minute. Plus, communicating to someone tells them (business-wise) that you DO matter to them, and definitely enough so that they did contact you. So if you didn't matter to him, you wouldn't have known about it, either way. Imagine if you were at the airport waiting for him, and then texted him only finding out then that he was on a business trip, but not even through his own words?

6. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't know your parents but it sounds like they just said one thing off-hand and had no idea it was such a big deal to you or that it was a fixed plan.

7. Alexander69

It matters because I doubt my parent love a lot. I don't understand how they can be in love they are barley together and I don't want to think that my mother and my father don't love each other.

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they don't love each-other, they don't love each-other. Going on a business trip at short notice is very common, and from what I understand from your previous posts and threads, he's quite high-up, making business the highest priority and unavoidable.

Relax. It's not as if everything is being done directly against you.

9. Alexander69

I'm not saying it is what in saying is 1 day 1 day a year they are supposed to be together and they won't be the ONE time a year they should cancel everything else they won't. No one will understand me I guess but my point is it hurts me because I barley feel like a family already

10. Sarcastic Luck

Because businesses rarely care if it's your anniversary. If they aren't bothered by it, neither should you.

11. Alexander69

Ya but its my father business! He owns it, plus he works with other companies as well he works to much! I barley see him!

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alexander, I think the issue here is that you're trying to get your parents to be people that they simply are not.

If I were to guess, based on things you've said about your mom and dad, I'd guess that perhaps your dad probably realizes that his wife is a gold digger and shallow and probably not at all what he wanted or intended as a partner... but because appearances are important to both of them, he simply lives with it, and that's probably why he's never around.

It's messed up, but it is what it is, and it sounds like it's been that way for a long time, so it seems pretty unlikely that there's much of anything you can do about it. They're both very broken people, in different ways, and when people get to that age, it's really hard to get them to have any *interest* in changing, let alone to actually do the work to change. So perhaps you're better off just learning to love and accept them exactly as they are, without expecting anything different.

13. Alexander69

I know but this really shocked me I mean you can see that, every year they are together...... I just want a family a real loving family.... I don't want to be like them chip I don't I want to be happy I want to be in love I mean the last week and some I've really sat down and thought about things and...... I don't want to be like them, I don't care about "things" I don't want to are about "things" or appearances I want someone to love me for me not for how I look..... And to tell the truth I popped a few pimples wich you should never do but I did it anyways instead of getting treatment for them I'm dealing with the redness, yes it's freaking hard for me I'm not used to having red spots but that's life and I'm not perfect I never have been I just put this image in my head of what I thought I was supposed to be..... The truth is I'm human like everybody else and humans are not perfect, I went out today and I didn't do my hair quite truthfully I looked aweful and my friend ditched me at the mall.....Great friend right? I'm better without her.

I bet you are so happy that I'm doing this and honesty I am to I felt so relaxed like I Finaly just don't care what anyone thinks anymore....... I don't want to be like my mom or dad I want to be like you, like theajority of this world. I want a guy to love me for my personality not my looks or clothing or body. In the end that "stuff" will eventually be gone but me "me" my personality that will stay.

14. Alexander69

So I called my mom today to see what she was up to and I finally lost it I told her how I feel like she doesn't care about my father or this family I pretty much went in to tears, What child wants to think that their parents don't love each other? Anyways she told me that she Does love my father and she always has and always will and that they knew how their lives would play out when they got married and that my father is ok with the way things are and so is she, and that they do love each other just not the "typical" way people love each other because of the way they live, my father always working she needs her friends around to fill in the time she isn't with him, and she needs my brother and I because she loves us more than herself or anything.

After hearing that I was really happy because I've been feeling like she doesn't care about our family. I tried to call my dad but he was to busy to answer but I did send him a very long text explaining how I feel and that I talked to Mother and we talked about things and she made me feel better and I wanted to make sure he still loves her and our family as well.

It's just hard growing up with a father who was always working I mean it makes you feel like you come last. I'm not stupid I know that he works hard so we have lots of money but fuck the money I would rather have a close family and a better relationship with them. People think money makes you happy or that buying things is so amazing, and ya things are great vacations are relaxing but after that excitement is gone..... It's back to reality. It's an addiction money is an addiction I don't care what people say, you buy things and you get a rush so..... You but more and more and more to keep that high coming..... In the end what you have bought is just THINGS items they can't make you happy over time you will forget about them. It's family and love that you always have

15. Sarcastic Luck

..Or you know. It's really nice not to have to worry about choosing between paying bills and buying food.

But overall, family isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

16. Alexander69

Sarcastic luck,

I see you are from Oklahoma so do you like have a southern accent? Southern accents are so cute! I love a southern accent. Southern men come off so innocent to me like so adorable. Also when I hear "Oklahoma" I think of Carrie underwoods song "Blown Away"

There's not enough rain in Oklahoma
    To wash the sins out of that house
    There's not enough wind in Oklahoma
    To rip the nails out of the past

That song is so good. I know that's totally off topic but had to ask and put that out there!

17. Sarcastic Luck

..No, I'm told I have a slight Canadian accent due to how I draw out certain vowels. Can't stand carrie underwood at all. It just makes me think of the literacy program the state has going and "read ya'll" which makes me cringe every time.