1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know when someones out of my league?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gettingbetter13, Oct 22, 2013.

1. gettingbetter13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really really like a girl. Shes pretty, funny, and popular. She's gay so atleast I know thats not a problem.
    I'm not popular. Im of average appearance. I also have a serious history of depression. I'm not sure if any of this information is really relevant.
    I'm afraid that I'll embarass myself by talking to her.
    Anyones two pence?

2. Eliminate that concept! You'll never know unless you try.

3. tex st

tex st Guest

Just saying hi and seeing where it goes (it doesn't have to be perfect, lessen the pressure).

When I had a crush in the past, I pressured myself into thinking that things have to CLICK right after I made the move, the reality is that good things take time to grow

4. Hrantou

Honestly, the whole "leagues" thing in dating is complete bullsh*t. I've been around and alive enough to know that leagues don't exist. I'm a complete nerd and heavy guy. My first boyfriend was a football star and complete jock. Two opposites, one that should have been way out of my league, and we ended up together for a while. And I know plenty of my friends who you would never picture together, and yet there they are...together and sh*t

Just go up and say hi. Be you and be nice. You never know what will happen.

#4 Hrantou, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  5. biggayguy

Just be friendly. I've heard many beautiful people say they are lonely because everyone thinks they are unapproachable. You won't know if you don't try.

6. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girl do not sell yourself short. There is no such thing as being out of someone's league. Just try and talk and see what common interest you two have and go from there.

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think everyone was out of my league. You cannot sell yourself short, no matter what. Everything's worth a shot :slight_smile:

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Outside of high school, there are no such things as leagues. So why not bring that real-world attitude into your environment? Muster up the courage to talk to her, and likely find out that she is in fact a human who will possibly like your attention. :slight_smile:

9. LD579

Sometimes you're only out of someone's league if you feel that way. Letting that fade away to nothingness can propel you to new heights.

10. srslywtf

Rejection hurts a while. Regret hurts for alot longer.
    Also, thinking someone is out of your league is a problem of your self confidence, thats all. Sure, not everyone is into everyone else... but its not about your value vs anothers value, its just about different tastes. And you can never predict what a persons tastes will be by the type of person they appear to be :wink:

11. tex st

tex st Guest

so true!

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she believes in the concept of "league", then there's no point in dating her. She might refuse you on legitimate reasons, but if she thinks she's above you, then she's definitely not worth it.

You might be rejected, but it's worth a try.

13. DrkRayne

Someone being out of your league doesnt exist. Its a concept made by arrogant people with horrid personalities who like to put others down.

A pretty face means nothing without a beautiful heart. Besides I'm sure you are very attractive.
    By most standards, my wife is wayyyyyyy out of my league (I've had members of my own family comment on it) but she saw me for who I am, for which I am grateful.
    Just go for it, we've all been turned down before, but you won't know until you try. So talk to her :slight_smile: Nothing to lose but the chance.

14. MichaelB

Beauty is a concept that can't be measured, it's entirely up to the individual. I've found people incredibly hot while my friends find the exact same guy/girl ugly.

Confidence is also sexy; it can increase someones sexual appeal by a ridiculous amount. Just sayin'

15. Alexander69

Basses on the title hun, I don't buy that put of my league stuff.... Most of the time being popular people treat you like you are cool but honestly no one treats you nice. I know this personally, and when someone comes around and treats you so so so nice no matter who they are you can feel it and that counts more trust me. Don't put that in your mind that jus because she is "popular" you can't have a chance don't, because you do. And after high school popularity doesn't matter I can ASSURE you this I have hardly Any friends and the friends I have.....well they are fake as hell.

Just talk to her comment her find thing she likes to and talk about it :slight_smile: ok